I'm Derek Peterson from Peterson Cartridge. As you can see from the above thread, Larry seems a little irate with us right now. After reading through the entire thread, that seems about on par for him as a bunch of people have commented. My hope was that he would either become reasonable so we can help him, or he would drop the issue. He did neither, so now I have to come on here and defend us. Either way, since he is going to post this email, I am about to send him, to this thread anyway, I figured I would just help him out and save him the trouble.

Larry,
Good afternoon. I’m the President of Peterson Cartridge. I want to thank you for purchasing casings from us. It is unfortunate how unhappy you have been with our “Quality” issues relating to the slight out of center flash holes. In the pictures you attached to the 1st email, the further the camera lens gets away from the primer pocket being photographed, the more out of center it appears. (Notice the Alpha casing on the far right appearing to be out of center to the left) As for the slight ring to one side or the other of the flash hole, this is what is making the flash hole appear ratty, that is caused by the media in our tumbling process contacting the edges of the flash hole and polishing the bottom of the primer pocket. As a result, the media causes the edge of the flash hole to lose some of its “crispness” when it is photographed. Look how polished our brass is compared to Alpha. Not excuses, just trying to give you some facts for your next rant.

Attached are two photos of the same casing with our polished primer pocket and with the primer pocket dulled by breathing on it. See how crisp the flash hole looks when the primer pocket is dulled?

Although it isn’t important now, if you would have been reasonable, I would have liked to know just how out of center the flash holes were to the edge of the primer pocket. Measured in .001”, of course. Again, if you would have been reasonable, we would have exchanged the brass for new brass without any questions. We offered that, but you so eloquently declined. (I have access to a dictionary too, do I sound smart yet?)
As Ben has stated many times to you, we are constantly improving our tooling to produce product with ever increasing quality, fit, and function. I have taken the time, although now realize it to be wasted, and read through your profanity laced emails. After reading through all of that nonsense, I have learned only three things about you; 1. You are a decent troll. 2. You have access to a dictionary and/or a thesaurus. 3. For whatever reason, you appear to have a chip on your shoulder against us and are unreasonable.
It is our policy to discontinue trying to help anyone who demonstrates themselves as unreasonable. I have instructed Ben to not respond to any further emails from you, so unfortunate as it is for both of us, you won’t be getting any more responses from him nor I via email. Also, as much as I would like to dive into a shouting match with you on what makes quality brass casings, I have neither the time nor the interest in doing that. Who knows, maybe I will take some of your scholarly advise and go “work” on our tooling designs. Either way, we sure do appreciate all of the feedback you have given us over the past few days. I really wish we didn’t have to be polite to everyone, but those are the breaks. Have a nice night.

To anyone else reading this: We welcome any questions about our process in making casings or our casing dimensions. Technical or not, we can discuss punched vs drilled flash holes, internal capacity, hardness, or etc. . . Whatever you would like. Please just don’t start off the email with Your [bleep] brass. That is normally a big turn off for us, as you might imagine.

Derek Peterson
President

Peterson Cartridge Co.
761 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 201,
Warrendale, Pa. 15086
www.petersoncartridge.com
Mobile (814) 462-9682
Email dpetersonpetersoncartridge.com

ITAR NOTICE: The contents and/or attachments of this email may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Transfer of technical data by any means to a non-U.S. citizen, within or outside of the United States, without prior written approval from the U.S. Department of Defense Trade Controls is prohibited.

Attached Images
Shiny flash hole.jpg (62.17 KB, 249 downloads)
Dull flash hole.jpg (54.83 KB, 232 downloads)