I know where new Nosler and Norma 26N brass is

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I remember back a long time ago when Larry used to pump Leupold and Talley

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this thread. From what I have been able to understand, the vaunted stick has changed a lot of his thinking over the years. Heck...I read an archived thread on here 1 time where Larry even believed the 25/06 Rem to be the cat's meow. He now believes it to be a piece of excrement. He might never admit it, but according to what he once believed and "hinted" at and placed at the water trough so he could lead people to it, he now believes he was wrong. Why? There is a learning curve in life on just about everything we do...even with stick.

Peterson hasn't been in business for that long compared to others in the business (at least from what I understand). Maybe there is a learning curve in there somewhere. All of stick's disciples seem to overlook all the mistakes he made earlier in his life when it comes to things like which scopes work and don't work, what cartridges shoot which bullets better than others, etc. I have seen threads on here of those who like/don't like Lapua, Norma, certainly Remington and Winchester brass; but I haven't seen any of those who have gotten bad batches of brass from these manufacturers spew venom like they have on this brass. Heck, there has even been Nosler rifles and others talked about being sent back because it doesn't come up to the standards of what the company claims. And yet, there is no forum wide call to arms against those other manufacturers.

I have no experience with Peterson brass, but if they ever make any in a caliber I need it for, I would try it. If we're going to crucify a company because of what we have read and the pictures we have seen on this thread then let's not be hypocritical about stuff. Let's crucify every manufacturer we read about that has put out a bad product on here. Problem is, pretty soon we wouldn't be able to buy anything from any manufacturer because they have all let things fall through the cracks at one time or another.

Just my $.02 worth.

Last edited by Ruger77Shooter; 08/02/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Ruger77Shooter

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this thread. From what I have been able to understand, the vaunted stick has changed a lot of his thinking over the years. Heck...I read an archived thread on here 1 time where Larry even believed the 25/06 Rem to be the cat's meow. He now believes it to be a piece of excrement. He might never admit it, but according to what he once believed and "hinted" at and placed at the water trough so he could lead people to it, he now believes he was wrong. Why? There is a learning curve in life on just about everything we do...even with stick.

Peterson hasn't been in business for that long compared to others in the business (at least from what I understand). Maybe there is a learning curve in there somewhere. All of stick's disciples seem to overlook all the mistakes he made earlier in his life when it comes to things like which scopes work and don't work, what cartridges shoot which bullets better than others, etc. I have seen threads on here of those who like/don't like Lapua, Norma, certainly Remington and Winchester brass; but I haven't seen any of those who have gotten bad batches of brass from these manufacturers spew venom like they have on this brass. Heck, there has even been Nosler rifles and others talked about being sent back because it doesn't come up to the standards of what the company claims. And yet, there is no forum wide call to arms against those other manufacturers.

I have no experience with Peterson brass, but if they ever make any in a caliber I need it for, I would try it. If we're going to crucify a company because of what we have read and the pictures we have seen on this thread then let's not be hypocritical about stuff. Let's crucify every manufacturer we read about that has put out a bad product on here. Problem is, pretty soon we wouldn't be able to buy anything from any manufacturer because they have all let things fall through the cracks at one time or another.

Just my $.02 worth.

Oh, I think the crucifixion was shortcutted.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Care to share?

I know where new Nosler and Norma 26N brass is

Copy...Thanks! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I just got an email from Nosler I can see the goat phuuck starting but we shall see

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today! My gunsmith took a look over the rifle and didn’t find anything visually wrong. He did mentioned that the trigger had been adjusted to a lighter pull weight and was not properly set. The rifle has been cleaned and sent down to our ballistics lab to be tested for accuracy. This will give us a good indication about what is going on and we will have a baseline to begin our diagnosis. I will let you know when I am provided the results from our lab.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Best case scenario?

They don't send you another Nosler.

This ^^^^^ Unfortunately.
Trigger improperly set.....Are you fuucking serious? They come owner adjustable. Yes, it wasn’t set to your, out the door 7-8lbs pull. I bet it shot like a demon at its original trigger setting. That extra “heave-ho” required on the start button always brings bullets into the center.
Hope they at the very least rebarrel your rifle. 😎

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Sheister
Well, the popcorn is running out again and I'm just starting to realize this could be one of those threads that goes on for chapters like a cheap novel.
A couple things I've learned over the years on this forum- in spite of the 8 or so years I took off due to ass-ole saturation of the site...

If I was a manufacturer in anything gunny related, Larry would be my test mule no doubt. As said above, if it can survive his test criteria it can survive anything. We've all seen the videos with him throwing his rifles with scopes mounted in rivers, across gravel bars, and generally any place but where most of us more dainty hunters wouldn't.
He shoots more in a couple weeks than any ten of us in a lifetime and reports his results in finite detail and the reasons why- "being led to water" is his most accurate line. He also isn't afraid to change up his wares if something better comes along and he will say so along the way. Leupolds are a good example. When only a few manufacturers of scopes were in the league of Leupold, that was a wise choice. As more choices came along, Larry started to experiment with everything, not just the higher end stuff, but the affordable stuff also. He has tested Nightforce, Bushnell, and just about anything else you can imagine and related back what worked and why. All you have to do is read and learn because even if you didn't care for his delivery, the content is always accurate. On top of it all, he does all this on his own dime as far as I can tell. In his neck of the woods, I doubt anyone has been a better salesman for their preferred brands of rifles, scopes, bullets, brass, etc.... just about anything gunny.

As far as Larry's ascerbic personality- well, that is just Larry. I kind of accept that you take it or leave it. Getting worked up by it is a total waste of time. Being entertained by his style and the trolling and responses is great fun at times for some of us.

If I was Peterson Brass, I would quietly in the background make sure Larry got whatever brass he needed and have him return the brass that is defective so they can improve on it. Have Larry report back on the new brass and future brass to help them with their apparent QC problem in the future and to keep them at the top of their game. Any manufacturer that doesn't see deserved criticism as an opportunity for improvement is missing the boat. IMO. Getting your feelings hurt really isn't going to get you anywhere except angry, which is a bad place to be when you have a public audience to sell to. Humble sells more product IMO.

Okay, continue on while I get some more popcorn..

You are a fuuckn moron if you think Sugar tits is the answer to anything period.
But a sniveling gash that need a brake because of azzholes yet likes sugar tits, is like a chick that hates guys hitting on her but sucks ever Dick she can. LOL

Triple F....😂🤣😂😂😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
Yep, good luck. I hope it works out for ya. Stupid a guys pays that much coin, you shouldn't even have to think about it, should be a shootin sumbitch...

100% JM.... Give the man a new fugg’n barrel at the very least...And, instructions on resetting the trigger. JFC! 😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Trystan
Shiester,

I'll take advice from a prick that has the correct answer over advice from a stupid prick any day. Stick has answers and well.......... I'm sure you can piece the rest of the riddle together 😁

Trystan

Really??? One name for you “Dogshooter” LMAO 😂 😎

“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I just got an email from Nosler I can see the goat phuuck starting but we shall see

I am sorry, time has gotten away from me today! My gunsmith took a look over the rifle and didn’t find anything visually wrong. He did mentioned that the trigger had been adjusted to a lighter pull weight and was not properly set. The rifle has been cleaned and sent down to our ballistics lab to be tested for accuracy. This will give us a good indication about what is going on and we will have a baseline to begin our diagnosis. I will let you know when I am provided the results from our lab.

Thanks,

Daniel Michels
Rifle Sales Coordinator

Best case scenario?

They don't send you another Nosler.

This ^^^^^ Unfortunately.
Trigger improperly set.....Are you fuucking serious? They come owner adjustable. Yes, it wasn’t set to your, out the door 7-8lbs pull. I bet it shot like a demon at its original trigger setting. That extra “heave-ho” required on the start button always brings bullets into the center.
Hope they at the very least rebarrel your rifle. 😎

Right I mean a Timney trigger takes a rocket scientist to adjust and as others have stated best case would be a full refund but I'm sure that will never happen....I'll get into the minuscule mag constraints and country mile long throat latter

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Just my $.02 worth.

+1

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Mike74

Just my $.02 worth.

+1

Sweet Jesus you boys are blinded by your desire to be the first dog turd taster on your block.

His 'brand' loyalty lasts only as long as it takes for something better to come along. Unlike many people that are 'stuck' because their first rifle was a pre-64 M70, then there will never be ANYTHING better.

This sheit is fluid, new products come along, some better, some worse. Some companies run by guys that know what the fugg they are going, some not.

Bon Appetit!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
With regard to gaping flash holes, Larry’s original correspondence should have been received as a badge of honor. He’s fiercely loyal. If you’re one of his preferred products/producers, e.g. Barrett FC, SWFA SS, Alpha Brass, Burris Extreme Tactical Sig Rings, HH, XTRATUF, etc., he’ll boisterously tout your wares far and wide. I can’t imagine how many Super Sniper scopes and Kimber Montana’s he’s sold. If you make a product that competes with one of his darlings, he’ll measure you by that existing standard. Larry’s preferences aren’t stagnant. When convinced he’s been presented with a superior product, he will abandon gear that he’s vocally championed, i.e. Talley LW rings, the Kimber Montana, Leupold, etc., etc.....

I'll bet he's loyal to wahtever brand of tape he uses too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pat has already stated that he has Peterson brass in route.

I always figured you for an en route kind of guy. I guess I misunderestimated you.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I always figured you for an en route kind of guy. I guess I misunderestimated you.

I’m ashamed.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

I’m ashamed.

Thanks for the laugh.

H
H
I’m only new here and only read the first couple and last pages of the thread but is that really anyway to talk to someone?
I don’t see the point in being that rude and launching into someone for what is an easily rectified mistake. Every business and everyone makes mistakes.
A Quiet word would of been much more polite and went a lot further.

Is this sort of nonsense common on here?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Oh boy, here we go.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
H
H
Haha that the wrong thing to say??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's all about the flash hole(s).......

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Hindcull1
I’m only new here and only read the first couple and last pages of the thread but is that really anyway to talk to someone?
I don’t see the point in being that rude and launching into someone for what is an easily rectified mistake. Every business and everyone makes mistakes.
A Quiet word would of been much more polite and went a lot further.

Is this sort of nonsense common on here?

Yes. You will start to Melt shortly.

Page 14 of 48 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (222Sako, 1234, 12344mag, 219DW, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,131
Posts18,483,907
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.