Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 48 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 47 48
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ken, that Weatherby case *might* be able to push that Speer near its upper velocity limit. I predict you will find it to be quite terminal on you usual quarry.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I noticed on that other site Big Stick claims to be "Satins disciple". Just wondering who Satin is?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Mike74
I noticed on that other site Big Stick claims to be "Satins disciple". Just wondering who Satin is?

Probably a close friend of Velvet's.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shouldn't have written that.

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 08/12/18.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

---------------------------------

Don't think I would care to accuse anyone of that.

Last edited by JSTUART; 08/13/18.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You are right.
I may have went out there a bit far.
Even for those two, really they are just rude and annoying.
Except for the poaching thing.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Took a good look at a box of Peterson .308 Win brass last night. Here are my impressions and observations.

1. The brass was shipped in a translucent cartridge box suitable for holding loaded .308 Win cartridges. A foam pad kept the brass from rattling around. Nice, especially sing I tend to run out of ammo boxes this size. The box has 'Peterson" molded into the cover, which will help me keep it separate from my Winchester and Federal brass.
2. The brass was visually near perfect. No dented cases or case mouths, no split case mouths, clean and round flash holes inside and out.
3. Although there were very tiny marks around some of the flash holes, I could not detect any burrs or gouges with a feeler wire.
4. Case lengths were measured but I quit after the first five all came in a 2.0045". The limit of my Starrett gauge is .0005" so these could have been a perfect 2.0050".
5. Although I did not detect any burrs on the inside or outside of the case mouths, they were not beveled. Since I've never received any brass that is, this was not a concern, just an observation. I'll run the brass through a sizing die and bevel the case mouth as per my normal procedures for new brass, but it looks to be ready to load as-is.
6. All 50 cases were weighed on a digital scale with a +/- .1 grain accuracy. The results are shown below.

Peterson .308 Win brass weights (50 cases), in grains:
175.1 Minimum
176.4 Maximum
0.3 Standard Deviation
1.3 Extreme Spread
175.7 Mean (Average)
175.7 Median (Middle value)
175.7 Mode (Most common value)

[Linked Image]

Overall I'm quite pleased with the brass - I'm used to dented cases with out-of-round mouths and an occasional split mouth (Winchester and Remington). My plan now is to weigh some Winchester and Federal cases and see what the weight variance is.

Will I switch to Peterson brass? For the most part, no, because .243 Win and .308 Win are the only types they make that I can use. But for these, a switch may be in the offing, especially if I can detect smaller groups with the Peterson .308 Win brass.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Took a good look at a box of Peterson .308 Win brass last night. Here are my impressions and observations.

1. The brass was shipped in a translucent cartridge box suitable for holding loaded .308 Win cartridges. A foam pad kept the brass from rattling around. Nice, especially sing I tend to run out of ammo boxes this size. The box has 'Peterson" molded into the cover, which will help me keep it separate from my Winchester and Federal brass.
2. The brass was visually near perfect. No dented cases or case mouths, no split case mouths, clean and round flash holes inside and out.
3. Although there were very tiny marks around some of the flash holes, I could not detect any burrs or gouges with a feeler wire.
4. Case lengths were measured but I quit after the first five all came in a 2.0045". The limit of my Starrett gauge is .0005" so these could have been a perfect 2.0050".
5. Although I did not detect any burrs on the inside or outside of the case mouths, they were not beveled. Since I've never received any brass that is, this was not a concern, just an observation. I'll run the brass through a sizing die and bevel the case mouth as per my normal procedures for new brass, but it looks to be ready to load as-is.
6. All 50 cases were weighed on a digital scale with a +/- .1 grain accuracy. The results are shown below.

Peterson .308 Win brass weights (50 cases), in grains:
175.1 Minimum
176.4 Maximum
0.3 Standard Deviation
1.3 Extreme Spread
175.7 Mean (Average)
175.7 Median (Middle value)
175.7 Mode (Most common value)

[Linked Image]

Overall I'm quite pleased with the brass - I'm used to dented cases with out-of-round mouths and an occasional split mouth (Winchester and Remington). My plan now is to weigh some Winchester and Federal cases and see what the weight variance is.

Will I switch to Peterson brass? For the most part, no, because .243 Win and .308 Win are the only types they make that I can use. But for these, a switch may be in the offing, especially if I can detect smaller groups with the Peterson .308 Win brass.

Two things if I may...how much did the cases cost you, and I really miss being able to purchase cases in reusable packaging.

That is a nice touch.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...The Do NOTHING Gang is in FULL Estrogen Surge! Congratulations?!?

Derek,lemme tell you a leetle "secret". Noone can "make" you out to be a more STUPID Fhuqk or Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit than you can,by simply doing your
"best". I'm more than happy to provide all of the slack on the rope,that you "think" you can "handle". You are really doing a "GREAT" job thus far. LAUGHING!

The fhuqking HILARIOUS constant,of "all" that "QC" and "tooling". LAUGHING!

[Linked Image]

Pardon my being at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Perhaps I have "heard" of Alpha,amongst a plethora of others,in a myriad extrapolation of Makes/Chamberings? Feel free to swoon the Sweet "Satisfactions",of the brass wearing your name,being the absolute WORST fhuqking schit I've ever seen...which is more than a touch "impressive". Hint. Laughing!

I'm unfamiliar with the website,you tried to dangle a picture of.

What was the "odds" of Drooling DUMB Fhuqks being devoid the 17 IQ Points requisite,to see Peterson's fhuqking hilarious attempt at brass buildin',ala poignant peectures?!? I'm fairly certain,that the point is/was,that it needn't a 1D4 wearing a beloved 35mm 1.4 ART and 'tubes,gunned into a soft box with a couple/few 600's tossing diffused light at the Schit Show,in order to convey the EPIC Goat Fhuqktitude. But alas,them thangs was far from requisite,to paint the picture. pun be intended. Hint. LAUGHING!

Splendid Pixels is easily arranged,for them with the talent,eye and riggin'...AKA the constants in which The Do NOTHING Gang is remiss. Fortunately for them,Imagination and Pretend are free,so they can "afford" to gawk the splendors of others and read about same,the "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Laughing!

Nice to splendidly mix up ambient light,focus and DOF(literally). Time for a Thesaurus Google,so you gals can nod heads in unison,like you "understand". Hint. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Hmmmm...I don't really expect that "much" Mail this week. Been wanting to try some Alpha brass,so ordered some to see WTF it's about,because their website looks good. CameraLand claimed last week,that my Phantom Geovids would ship last Friday...but as per their usual,there is no communication and I remain dubious,as it's been multiple months of the same claim. Pretty funny! Bushie says my failed LRHSi 4.5-18x will ship this week,but like CameraLand,I've heard that one before. If memory serves(and it never don't not),there should be a new Seex Kreedmire two. That of course,amongst various other mainstay consumables.

Have never even seen a belted case,let alone fired one or owned one either...let alone worn more than a few rifles out. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Unfortunately,I've never even seen a Bear or a Caribou either. I'd think that would be sorta neat,though farrrrrrr outta reach. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Did I mention being a Fan,of Blued/Walnut? LOVE that schit. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I've never seen Peterson brass...so cain't comment. Though I do hear good thangs,if'n you blow on 'em just so. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Pardon the Splendid Pixels bitches,as you gawk from your couchbound kchunts and TRY to "convince" yourselves...that you "could too". Everyone "knows" a Cutter. LAUGHING!

Bless your hearts...you AMAZINGLY Inept Stupid Fhuqks.

Wow +P++!

BEST fhuqking Thread evah!

LAUGHING!..........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DerekP
Originally Posted by 16bore
They say it's punched on the website now......

Correct, I just updated it. We never said they were drilled. We said cut. Punching is a form of cutting. Scissors cut. They are shears. Just like a punch.

I read the entire 25 pages.

The above quote by DP is probably all I'd ever really need to know about doing business with them. IMO, anyone who's done much shooting/reloading would expect "cut" to mean "drilled" flash-holes. The above quote would be akin to a gunsmith using a die for threading a bbl and calling them "cut" threads. "Technically", it's true but it's not what anyone with even a mild understanding of the subject would accept as truthful. False equivalencies and technicalities in one's marketing language are certainly no substitute for truthfulness and a job well done. In fact, false equivalencies and technicalities are unnecessary if the job is well done because the product will speak for (and sell) itself.

Additionally, if Ben is to remain your point of communication with your customers I'd strongly suggest a course in remedial English for Ben. Punctuation, spelling, proper tense, complete contractions as well as the proper use of possessives should all be of paramount importance to those who interact with your customers regularly.

DerekP, what you said, and how you said it, is what will keep my $$ out of your pocket.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by m77
Kind of funny that Larry has started a one man crusade against me for sending out 1 box of casings that had bad looking flash holes. Funnier that he has accused me of lying and trying to trick my customers into thinking we drill flash holes when we punch them. Funniest that he just said he has no experience with Alpha brass, when we all know he is a fanboy of theirs.
Here is a post of his on another site on the same topic.

[Linked Image]

I am not choosing sides here, but I think it is pretty naive of you to think that the calibration of your punch was only incorrect on a few pieces of brass of an entire lot. Chances are very slim that it is only one box. The smart thing would have been to recall that lot of brass as soon as possible as external failure is your most expensive type of failure (but I presume your operations manager should know that). I am not saying you cannot make brass, but this would be a good idea regardless of what you produce.

Maybe Stick in the mud is the only one who bought the brass. Lol. Consider the source. No other complaints or bad reviews saying the same thing about this brass. Makes one wonder I'd say.

One thing you may consider- Larry is probably the only person on this forum as far as I know who would even notice details like flash holes being punched off center or leaving burrs or tear out. Most of us would have just moved along and not really paid much attention to it. It is pretty clear there were some problems with this lot of brass he received, so it would be fair to assume there was much more than this box or two of brass that was deficient in QC and could indicate a more serious problem with Peterson Brass. Personally, Larry may not made himself any friends with his outburst, but I'm quite surprised Peterson is taking this as lightly as they are considering the issues Larry has pointed out and are quite obvious in his pictures. Hopefully, Peterson has addressed this issue, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted to use this brass either with it's shortcomings- especially given the cost of this particular brass... These issues may or may not be detrimental to accuracy issues - only testing will tell, but dealing with these issues shouldn't be necessary with quality brass.

Bob

A fair assessment.

But Stick's posts have also become repetitive and boring...so if it is all right with the rest of you fellows I shall wander off and recline on my couch for awhile whilst pondering my navel, as it is 3.45 am here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don’t care how much fire starter you’ve stored in there, no pics please.

Say hello to tomorrow for me.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston

My wife and I wandered out and cut some boxwood for the fire, and took a couple of pictures of our oh-so-glorious countryside for you lot.

Not bad for for our supposedly green season.

[Linked Image]

Oh, see, there is green!

[Linked Image]

Read it and weep....I just know you sad lot are just jealous of us.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You need to build a few mountains just to break up the landscape. Looks like you can see all the way to the ocean or the next state, whichever comes first....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Sheister
You need to build a few mountains just to break up the landscape. Looks like you can see all the way to the ocean or the next state, whichever comes first....

Pah, we don't need mountains...we have trees.

Both of them.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Well horse1, I think i will buy some Peterson brass just to offset your pizzy rant.
what is the Peterson web site again?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by kingston

My wife and I wandered out and cut some boxwood for the fire, and took a couple of pictures of our oh-so-glorious countryside for you lot.

Not bad for for our supposedly green season.

[Linked Image]

Oh, see, there is green!

[Linked Image]

Read it and weep....I just know you sad lot are just jealous of us.

Australia?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

What tipped you off?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Ken, that Weatherby case *might* be able to push that Speer near its upper velocity limit. I predict you will find it to be quite terminal on you usual quarry.

Hope so. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Page 25 of 48 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 47 48

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,523 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,086
Posts18,482,842
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.