Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 49 of 63 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 62 63
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That'll work, thanks Certifiable and Wareagle, I have 60 pieces left of the 200 sticks of new Lapua brass that needs loading, 155 Scenars, CCI-BR2's and Varget at the ready, will be fun t see what it will do.

Trump Won!
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Tear it up gunner. Good luck.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The more that participate the better!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Uh-Oh, I have to get a new scope, you said no Nightforce. blush grin

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500

Don't be making excuses already grin. Run what you brung brother..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I rang some steel yesterday. Was a great day. My boss took a few of us out to a private range and we set up a freshly painted steel plate out at 400 yards. Just right for the AR10 308w and 168gr. Hornady match bullets. First 5 shots went into 2.5 inches, so I let my work buddies ring steel with my rifle after that. I was happy. Looks like this 308 was shooting a solid .6 moa (5 shot group) out to 400 yards anyhow.. I see other threads in the hunting rifle forums of guys talking about how their rifles are "1/2" guns. Then you read through their thread and they show you a couple cherry picked 3 shot groups. At least you guys here know it takes more than 1 or 2 3 shot groups to confirm your rifle is a "1/2" shooter ... When guys start threads like that, sometimes I like pulling out a pic like this:
[Linked Image]

.....and saying, hell my rifle is a .189" shooter.... We all know that is BS, but you know what i'm talking about.. I can't wait to be able to shoot at my range or even the national forest here. There's still a ban on shooting until fire season is over. You can bet your azz, I'll play along in both these games you guys have going on, as soon as I'm able to. Just wanted to share a story of yesterday though, while I wait for the NF to open back up and for gunner to shoot this event. Damn, what's taking that guy so long. I hope he know's I was just giving him chit about that Nightforce scope.. Wish I had one, I'd use the hell out of it... grin

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Don't be making excuses already grin. Run what you brung brother..

LOL, I got the brass sized and primed before dark last night, will get the ammo loaded sometime this weekend, [haven't checked the ever present HDL taped to the fridge door]

Good shooting from you and the rifle above, I believe you have a winner, biggest obstacle for me will be the trigger, shooting the irons on this challenge will be cake, I shoot irons with my Sharps rifles and ring steel out to 500 yards all the time, running the buckhorn sliding barrel sights from 1 2 3 4 5 then 5 4 3 2 1 hundred is great fun on the gongs.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
To get this straight, a rifle may sit on a bench top on it's bi-pod, but must be held against the shoulder with no rear bag?

Or do the directions mean no machine rest, lead sled rifle placement?

Trump Won!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Well stated bsa....couldn't have said it better myself. I have a wall full of great groups.....but shooting this is a much better test of a gun, load, and shooter

Man, I wish I had a 0.189 all day long gun.....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
Well stated bsa....couldn't have said it better myself. I have a wall full of great groups.....but shooting this is a much better test of a gun, load, and shooter

Man, I wish I had a 0.189 all day long gun.....

grin.. Yeah, me too!!!! And Amen on both accounts...

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
To get this straight, a rifle may sit on a bench top on it's bi-pod, but must be held against the shoulder with no rear bag?

Gunner, you can use a rear bag.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I rang some steel yesterday. Was a great day. My boss took a few of us out to a private range and we set up a freshly painted steel plate out at 400 yards. Just right for the AR10 308w and 168gr. Hornady match bullets. First 5 shots went into 2.5 inches, so I let my work buddies ring steel with my rifle after that. I was happy. Looks like this 308 was shooting a solid .6 moa (5 shot group) out to 400 yards anyhow.. I see other threads in the hunting rifle forums of guys talking about how their rifles are "1/2" guns. Then you read through their thread and they show you a couple cherry picked 3 shot groups. At least you guys here know it takes more than 1 or 2 3 shot groups to confirm your rifle is a "1/2" shooter ... When guys start threads like that, sometimes I like pulling out a pic like this:
[Linked Image]

.....and saying, hell my rifle is a .189" shooter.... We all know that is BS, but you know what i'm talking about.. I can't wait to be able to shoot at my range or even the national forest here. There's still a ban on shooting until fire season is over. You can bet your azz, I'll play along in both these games you guys have going on, as soon as I'm able to. Just wanted to share a story of yesterday though, while I wait for the NF to open back up and for gunner to shoot this event. Damn, what's taking that guy so long. I hope he know's I was just giving him chit about that Nightforce scope.. Wish I had one, I'd use the hell out of it... grin

Darn, bsa. That's killin' it. Impressive.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Gunner, you can use a rear bag.

Thanks Buddy.

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
[Linked Image]

That 3 shot group was just a lucky group my friend. Part of the reason I generally run 5 or 10 shots on paper. In the above post, I'll bet some of you guys are wondering why I only put 5 shots on steel at 400 yards. Well, it's because my boss was bragging earlier about how he shot this 3" 5 shot group with his rem 700 300wm with berger VLD's on this plate set out at 400 yards. Well, I didn't know if I could top that with this rifle because I knew it generally shoots 1.6 moa 10 shot groups. And knowing exactly what certifiable was talking about in another thread, when he said, "10 shots is a helluva different ballgame", I decided to just try and match his 3" 5 shot group. I think both my boss and myself were impressed with the capability of this AR10. I know I'm pretty much sold on this rifle.

BSA MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
[Linked Image]

That 3 shot group was just a lucky group my friend. Part of the reason I generally run 5 or 10 shots on paper. In the above post, I'll bet some of you guys are wondering why I only put 5 shots on steel at 400 yards. Well, it's because my boss was bragging earlier about how he shot this 3" 5 shot group with his rem 700 300wm with berger VLD's on this plate set out at 400 yards. Well, I didn't know if I could top that with this rifle because I knew it generally shoots 1.6 moa 10 shot groups. And knowing exactly what certifiable was talking about in another thread, when he said, "10 shots is a helluva different ballgame", I decided to just try and match his 3" 5 shot group. I think both my boss and myself were impressed with the capability of this AR10. I know I'm pretty much sold on this rifle.

I would be.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Got a three pack of 5 round limiters for my 10 round mags, gonna bust some deer with my repr and 155 scenars to see what all the fuss is about. smile

Trump Won!
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Got a three pack of 5 round limiters for my 10 round mags, gonna bust some deer with my repr and 155 scenars to see what all the fuss is about. smile

Not to sidetrack but why the limiters?

Last edited by TWR; 09/10/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TWR

Not to sidetrack but why the limiters?

In my situation the limiters would be mandated by regulation to hold no more than 5 rounds. Hell I can’t even carry a Glock, 1911 or any semi auto other than 22LR that holds more than 5 rounds while deer hunting.

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

I have a couple 5 round mags for mine, but dont know if ill use it for hunting.

BSA MAGA
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
New regulations in Oklahoma lifted the magazine limit we had on 22 cal semi autos. 30 caliber never had one but some think it applied to all semi autos.

Page 49 of 63 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

272 members (10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1lesfox, 219DW, 21 invisible), 1,776 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,872
Posts18,478,765
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.