Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Elk hide on till the next afternoon in September... No bueno.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't had the pleasure of an elk hunt yet. It is on my bucket list though. Not showing off, just commenting on the discussion as it evolves.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Elkslayer, Old man Polesmoker has nothing else in his sad and argumentative existence except picking fights over parsed words. I generally ignore his stupidity because anything he gets involved with devolves into his little piss ant mini rants. He is known to be a pain in the ass by many that’s why he has to lash out in his interactions here otherwise he’d be ignored completely. Like the old saying about little kids goes it’s also pertinent to grumpy elderly men....negative attention is better than no attention at all.

Old man smokepole needs to tighten the Velcro on his tenny runners with orthopedic insoles and get ready to flee from danger, it’s lurking around every corner of his 1 bedroom 1/2 bath apartment. 😁

LOL, you're the one calling a guy you've never met a coward, over a situation you have no first hand knowledge of.
Ok
And Im the grumpy one. As far as being old, I'm 60 and i guarantee i could run your punk ass into the ground.

And go ahead, cast your lot with old elkslayer there, a self-professed expert who got dogpiled for giving stupid advice and he's still feeling the sting.
Thank you for coming back. My "stupid advice' proved you are too stupid to be able to understand how to aim a gun at different distances when the directions were placed at your feet. That makes you a complete idiot.

I got "dogpiled" by your friends here, who clearly couldn't understand the same, a badge of honor I shall cherish for life.

"Everybody but me is stupid," LOL.
Perfect and standard typical liberal obfuscation here. Can't refute the facts, so they just make crazy azz statements and laugh....not knowing they are the laughing stock to the informed and intelligent.

You see guys, fakepole can't even figure out how to hold-under while aiming on an animal when given the ballistics of a particular gun, something bow hunters have done for ages to compensate for deer squatting at the sound of a release....and ace here, fakepole, claims to be a bowhunter, which even makes this fact more laughable, being he is, through his own words, unfamiliar with hold-under.

Laugh is on you pards.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kellory
The weapon should be at hand.

Billy / Bobby / Bonnie / Becky Badass!

Girly Adams!!!

You were not there!!!!!!!!!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add

Girly Adams!!!

Never said I was. But a weapon in a pack is a near useless thing. Everyone who talks of bear attacks, remarks upon the speed and power of the animal. Carrying a gun in your pack, and not with you, is like leaving your CCW on the bedside table when you leave home. Nothing bad azz about it.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by BayouRover
You're not even close to understanding what I said. And no one was going to "fill the sky with lead" "in the hope to scare off any "potential unseen bears"", Matt. But please do carry on. You're doing great making it up as you go. laugh
Your words....Your words prove you to be untruthful. Be sure and add sauce to make it more bearable while you eat your own words.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hunter-mauled-guide-missing#Post13140450

He had ordered me to stand to his left at that time looking in the opposite direction of the bear in case there were bears on both sides of us. He told me in case he fired to turn to my left around him and to start opening up with my handgun.

I hope you sleep well tonight. I know that I will, but I'm not worked up because I'm clinging to a life boat over any of this...........
You're drowning, and don't even know it.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by callnum
This time of year in warm weather, you have to get them opened ASAP after a kill. You can't leave them overnight, especially one not field dressed.

More nonsense from an inexperienced elk hunter.ES 91 you have no clue when that bull died. Could have been within a few hours of the hunter and guide showing up.
Please continue to embarrass yourself here. It is quite entertaining. The prior poster did not discuss "when the bull died". he simply made a statement, "I doubt an elk would spoil that quick".

Where's the mention of time the elk dies troll?

Now who is the inexperienced?

Try taking some tutoring in reading comprehension, or just keep stalking me and embarrassing yourself here, and on other threads you've visited tonight in your trolling attempts to get an acknowledgement.

You do know stalking is a mental disease, right?

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Rancid is an aquired taste.

Next time, try bein engaged longer.

Not possible, three years was the maximum allowable period for taking malaria meds, after that 500mg of chloroquine phosphate every week started seriously screwing with your liver, optic nerves and hearing. I have some significant hearing loss now, dunno if it’s guns, chloroquine, motorcycles or the ear infections I got that pierced both eardrums when I was over there.

But I’m still handsome wink

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 09/18/18.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You're not even close to understanding what I said. And no one was going to "fill the sky with lead" "in the hope to scare off any "potential unseen bears"", Matt. But please do carry on. You're doing great making it up as you go. laugh
Your words....Your words prove you to be untruthful. Be sure and add sauce to make it more bearable while you eat your own words.

He had ordered me to stand to his left at that time looking in the opposite direction of the bear in case there were bears on both sides of us. He told me in case he fired to turn to my left around him and to start opening up with my handgun.

Try to picture the guide with a shotgun facing south toward the bear that we knew was coming. I was on his left side and slightly behind him looking north just in case something came in from that direction. He distinctly told me to turn to my left around him if necessary if/when he fired the shotgun. At that time we would both be facing the bear that we already knew was still coming in, and hopefully both of us would be putting lead on that target. At that time the 'back door" that I was watching would be unattended since we both would know by then that someone was pounding hard at the front door. I never asked, but I've always assumed that by him telling me to turn left around him was so that I would not potentially shoot him as I turned toward the bear that he had already fired his shotgun at at least one time at that point.

Fortunately none of that was necessary or happened, and the first thing I heard from the guide over my right shoulder was, "Holy phouc, he finally turned".

I hope you sleep well tonight. I know that I will, but I'm not worked up because I'm clinging to a life boat over any of this...........

My head is well above the water line. I'm fine

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Try to picture the guide with a shotgun facing south toward the bear that we knew was coming. I was on his left side and slightly behind him looking north just in case something came in from that direction. He distinctly told me to turn to my left around him if necessary if/when he fired the shotgun. At that time we would both be facing the bear that we already knew was still coming in, and hopefully both of us would be putting lead on that target. At that time the 'back door" that I was watching would be unattended since we both would know by then that someone was pounding hard at the front door. I never asked, but I've always assumed that by him telling me to turn left around him was so that I would not potentially shoot him as I turned toward the bear that he had already fired his shotgun at at least one time at that point.

That's not what you said the first time, and all people can go by on the internet is what you type. I'm glad you both made it out unharmed, so you can be here tonight to witness my fast draws on the internet, while enjoying a beverage.

It's past time to eat, though this has been fun busting liberal's chops. I'm hungry.

"He is far from Stupid"

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Girly Adams!!!

Never said I was. But a weapon in a pack is a near useless thing. Everyone who talks of bear attacks, remarks upon the speed and power of the animal. Carrying a gun in your pack, and not with you, is like leaving your CCW on the bedside table when you leave home. Nothing bad azz about it.

On what page did you start reading?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That's not what you said the first time, and all people can go by on the internet is what you type. I'm glad you both made it out unharmed, so you can be here tonight to witness my fast draws on the internet, while enjoying a beverage.

Maybe try reading the first post with what you now understand from what I posted just above here in red and I think you'll see that I was saying the same things without the detail the first time.

It's past time to eat, though this has been fun busting liberal's chops. I'm hungry.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Gents,
There is one man dead leaving a widow and orphans, there is another man that has to live the rest of his life with the consequences of what occurred. None of us were there and none of us can say what we may have done in that situation.

Out of respect for the family with the lost father and the person who survived just let this go. There is no point in going on and on when none of know what really occurred and never will.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Is that all you've got, calling me a "liberal?"
Others have identified you as a liberal, not just me....fact. You obviously are incapable of hiding that liberal stench.

That's damn funny.
Your posting is even more funny.

And no, you're not very good at it. If I could buy you for what you're worth, and sell you for what you think you're worth, I'd retire tomorrow and buy a place in the Bahamas.
My rising AMD stock makes me worth a lot. Should I continue to ride it or cash out Mr. Financial genius? Are you worth much, or are you just another broke dic troll on the internet? (defendants council rises with objection).....I retract my question your honor....

Why don't you complain about how much I post again, that seemed to be one of your best points.
Yes, that was quite fun exposing someone who posts from sunrise to midnight, being only the mentally challenged would have a habit as such or a retired govt employee mooching off the tax payer with a govt pension or a broke unemployed dic.....and you are which?

And it looks like you put some effort into tracking down my posting habits, I'm flattered.
Not as much tracking effort as you did to find your two wounded elk, who suffered all night before they died, so you could still have fresh meat.

"He is far from Stupid"

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Lecturing a guide on care of big game meat, it don't get no better than this!!!!
Answering a very "vague" comment with helpful pointers for future beginner hunters to educate themselves, is not lecturing.

To someone with a limited intellect, such as yourself, then,yes, it would be considered lecturing for those half-way down the left-side of the Bell Curve, and their fan-club.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by add

Girly Adams!!!

On what page did you start reading?

Page one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by GregW
Whew...
Who has a handle named elkslayer? Bet you've slayed a "ton" of elk....
When your fellow elk hunting buddies give you a nickname, based on your success, and ask you to guide for their high affluent clients too, well.....

Don't be jealous because you don't have repeat clients while wasting your life away trolling on a forum board.

No one gives a damnn.
Let's see. A *guide* [cough] trolls another person on the internet, and then states nobody "gives a damn" in their limited intellectual capacity to convince the dark matter in space the *guide* [cough] is a somebody with their clown statement.

I don't give a damn what you think / say / do. That is my "one" opinion.

I'm half convinced you are a woman with the drama you start.
Another liberal mental case here....wanting to place blame on the other person for the crap they started. It is called a false negative, and only Communist liberal trolls use this technique.....and the mentally sick.

I embarrassed you by making you eat crow here from your lies you posted. Deal with it mr [cough] *guide* [cough]

You've been spreading your vast knowledge all over this board.
You realize people can go look at my posting history, and read my posts, and see you are lying again right here, right? No, liberals are incapable of thinking ahead. They just repeat lie after lie after lie in the hopes it will stick. Another Saul Alinsky student you are.

Folks like you come and go all the time. Just like JeffO, trying waaay to hard to act like you've done something....
Who's trying waaaay too hard here mr *guide* [cough] troll?

I've "done something" for over two decades while elk hunting...got the mounted trophies....the friendships acquired along the way with other "true professional guides", who by the way don't call themselves a guide and troll on a forum board, unlike you.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 09/18/18.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=GregW][quote=BobMt][quote=Angus1895]No blame game here. And I have not read all the pages. But an observation.......

There is a definite downside to sticking an arrow in an Elk in the afternoon. Bone soured in the morning......plus a grizzly buffet!

Afternoon thermals can also be wish washy.

if the elk was shot in the afternoon, and gotten to the next day.....it was more than likely spoiled.......at that point you need to assume, a bear will be on it.......lets wait and see what smokepole has to say....he should be able to google...spoiled elk, and grizzly bear....and get back to us.....bob

Could have died overnight and the meat be fine...

They gotta go see regardless...
Greg, Elk are very bad about spoiling since they are so thick, and in mild temps, you have to get them open ASAP. The neck is the first to go with it being under the cape, and no avenue for the heat to escape.

You can leave one on the mountain overnight to retrieve the next day, but only after you field dress, wash blood out of the cavity and off the meat, situate the rear legs open to get air into the cavity, "and" the evening temps and into the next morning "have to be" cold enough to protect the meat from spoilage.

Laughing....

Not near my first rodeo my man but thanks for the pointers....laughing...
And I'm supposed to know that when you make your very vague statement, "Could have died overnight and the meat be fine..." with zero clarification? Yeah, I'm laughing at how you think somebody is supposed to just fill in the blanks you left...laughing here bud.

The neck is the first to go as it's under the cape? What about the rest of it under the cape that's a bit thicker than the neck? Laughing...
The laugh is on you making a fool out of yourself here while you fail to mention the rest of what I said. I went on to discuss the rest of it under the cape that's a bit thicker than the neck while telling how you need to field dress it. Are you really that mentally bankrupt to lower yourself to the level of these other mentally bankrupt degenerates here?

If you leave a track job of an alive critter overnight not to bump, which often times is the only chance of recovery, time of death may occur at any point meaning that when you find critter the next morning, time of death might have been not too long previously and with a beating heart, meat is bueno....
Really? I believe I covered that already:
The guide had to have known it was a 99.9% chance they would just find green meat.

My only thought here is the guide, knowing it was a wound shot and not a kill shot, was hoping they could find a weak and alive, wounded bull, and finish him and still have good meat to pack-out.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hunter-mauled-guide-missing#Post13139982

But...you're not here to discuss what I said, are you? You're a fanboy of fakepole, here to show the world how mentally bankrupt you are, while attempting to bust my balls...Thanks for the laughs. BWAHAHAHAHA.

PS- I'm in AZ and we take potential meat spoilage to about as high as they go, even in elk season. I'm pretty well versed in it....
Yeah, who would've thunk in AZ you need to know a little about spoilage....laughing

ELKSLAYER91 LET’S SEE SOME PROOF!
Slayme is sounding a lot like “Sharp Things” twin...Possible sock puppet. Slayer, you’re a net savvy Texan. Hang some pictures of all those 350”-380” bulls you have killed. All we’ve seen is you running your mouth without anything to backup your big hat talk.
Put some colors up and dazzle us with your amazing hunting skills and big fur you’ve burned...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Curiosity, from those who have faced bears, why is a pump shotgun with solid slugs or 00buck, not the preferred close in bear weapon? Fast handling, close in devastation, and a bead sight for fast sighting. Why choose a long range rifle for a close in job?

Guess what, you have to aim a shotgun, just as you do a rifle, or you ain't hitting sheit.

Shotgun ammo is HEAVY. Never seen anything outside of a dove field that a shotgun is a better choice than a rifle.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Curiosity, from those who have faced bears, why is a pump shotgun with solid slugs or 00buck, not the preferred close in bear weapon? Fast handling, close in devastation, and a bead sight for fast sighting. Why choose a long range rifle for a close in job?

Guess what, you have to aim a shotgun, just as you do a rifle, or you ain't hitting sheit.

Shotgun ammo is HEAVY. Never seen anything outside of a dove field that a shotgun is a better choice than a rifle.

I grew up with shotguns. It's a natural extension of my arm. Shotgun ammo ain't much heavier than my .450 bushmaster loads, and I don't count ounces when it's my life on the line.
Besides, even a loaded ammo belt is not uncomfortable to carry long term. (Ymmv)

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 20 of 40 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 54 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,637
Posts18,474,408
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.