Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Come on, you know you want to say your rifle shoots "sub 1/2 moa "when you do your part"... I've recently came to the conclusion that the consensus is a 3 shot group is just fine for basis of how accurate a hunting rifle is/has been/can be/ever will be, etc. etc. That way the keyboard commando's can brag that their rifles all shoot sub moa when they do their part. whistle wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
After shooting the 24hr 9" long all day challenge, I've concluded my rifle is sub moa despite what my dumb ass does.

It's a huge confidence builder....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
After shooting the 24hr 9" long all day challenge, I've concluded my rifle is sub moa despite what my dumb ass does.

It's a huge confidence builder....

I've concluded my AR10 is a 1.6 moa shooter. Day in and day out. It still tags the orange at damn near any range too. After dialing to 400 yards the other day and ringing some steel, I adjusted it back down to my zero setting and proceeded to shoot another damn 1.6 moa 10 shot group, but it was perfectly zeroed on the orange. We all strive for sub moa, but often end up being happy with less at times.. This 2 10 shot group thread is an eye opener. One of the reasons you don't see a lot of guys posting targets.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Atta boy Brett!

It got re-bedded yesterday... Hopefully it does better next time out.

Brett
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Do you think that cracked stock might have hurt accuracy?

Ha!

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'll shoot this challenge this evening with the 7mm MSM if the rain and wind hold off. smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Do you think that cracked stock might have hurt accuracy?

Ha!

That was a special accuracy crack that is ultra proprietary (not available to Californians).

Brett
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by wareagle700

Just a reminder the only targets that get scored and ranked are the ones followed the guidelines.

Cert and m1919 got coaching from the sidelines....

Lol... only coaching I got was 1919 watching me thru his scope and yelling “don’t F this shot up now” in my ear hole

You guys are lucky as hell. I shoot better with someone egging me on like that.

Be happy to egg you on BSA, just waiting for the invite from up North. grin

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by m1919
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by wareagle700

Just a reminder the only targets that get scored and ranked are the ones followed the guidelines.

Cert and m1919 got coaching from the sidelines....

Lol... only coaching I got was 1919 watching me thru his scope and yelling “don’t F this shot up now” in my ear hole

You guys are lucky as hell. I shoot better with someone egging me on like that.

Be happy to egg you on BSA, just waiting for the invite from up North. grin

I'd love it man.. One of my buddies loves fu cking with me when I'm shooting. I think it makes me a better shooter though. He's also the one that tells me, "it's not a group, unless it's 5 shots". Funny thing, he was with me when I shot this one with my old rifle:
[Linked Image]

I had the most perfect 1 hole 3 shot group going man, then he says the magic words about shooting 2 more sick .. Of course, the one off to the left is the 4th shot. Then another one of my buddies (grew up with him, he's more of a brother) was watching as I put these 10 shots on paper with my African big game rifle:
[Linked Image]

I think sometimes I get bored when I'm shooting by myself and I don't shoot as well, but when someone is there egging me on, it's game time... That's where you are lucky to shoot with your brothers, and all of you are damn good shots. Probably because of the egging on and trying to one up one another... You know what I'm talking about..

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Got the old Mashburn and 20 rounds leaning in a corner and ready BSA, maybe tomorrow if I get in from the Docs in time, tweaked my right knee, getting old mucho sucks! mad

Trump Won!
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Got the old Mashburn and 20 rounds leaning in a corner and ready BSA, maybe tomorrow if I get in from the Docs in time, tweaked my right knee, getting old mucho sucks! mad

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully nothing too serious. I was doing some defense tactics back in Feb and hurt my knee. 2 badd azzed instructors were doing a handcuffing and restraining demo on me and one said, "now when we get someone in this hold, its impossible for them to get out". I said, "hmmm, have you ever had anyone try". The bigger one said, "well how about you try". I stood up with both of them on my back. Needless to say, it didn't work for them that time wink... Knee still bothers me from time to time now though, so I feel your pain buddy...

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500

Sorry to hear about your knee. Hopefully nothing too serious. I was doing some defense tactics back in Feb and hurt my knee. 2 badd azzed instructors were doing a handcuffing and restraining demo on me and one said, "now when we get someone in this hold, its impossible for them to get out". I said, "hmmm, have you ever had anyone try". The bigger one said, "well how about you try". I stood up with both of them on my back. Needless to say, it didn't work for them that time wink... Knee still bothers me from time to time now though, so I feel your pain buddy...

LOL, I have a torn meniscus? in my right knee, cortisone shot to the side of the knee this morning was sweetgrin, i'll take care of it and let it heal, just like my rotator cuff this time last year, was training the rotts by jumping over the yard fences with a bag of trash that looked like what a robber/ looter may carry, the dogs were on it hard, last trip over the fence my right boot found a fresh pile of cow chit, I done the splits like nadia comanechi, ripped the crotch outta my damn jeans and twisted the fook out of that knee, we aint 25 anymore my Friend ; )

It's hell being so Gotdamn thickheaded! shocked

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha gunner. Sounds like you learned a lesson grin

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Ha ha gunner. Sounds like you learned a lesson grin

I may remember that for a week or so, I ask Doc if I had another 30 years left on my chassis, he said, not at the damn rate you're going. grin

Father time can go fook himself Buddy, I aint quitting.

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gunner, if it makes you feel any better, I pulled a hamstring getting out of my old red truck. Doesn't even have a lift kit blush

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Gunner, if it makes you feel any better, I pulled a hamstring getting out of my old red truck. Doesn't even have a lift kit blush

LOL, Damn Tex, I haven't read all 16 pages here, did you enter that nail driving 300 of yours in this contest?

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was out load testing and shot this for giggles.
Rifle- Cooper 21 in 223
Scope- Nikon Monarch Target fine plex 6.5x20
Load- 23 grains LT32, Speer 52 Match, GMM primer, Nosler brass.
I don’t measure groups anymore but guessing target 1 is mid to high .8 outside to outside.
2 is in the mid to high .9
Not bad for a test load. Velocity was a little poochy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Swifty
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good shooting all, going to update the scores soon. It's been a crazy few weeks.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No worries eagle...glad to see more folks shooting this. It do tend to test one's nerves.

Can you get Fiddy and Rob to join the fray....

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by m1919
No worries eagle...glad to see more folks shooting this. It do tend to test one's nerves.

Can you get Fiddy and Rob to join the fray....

Yeah, I thought Robertha and Fitty was gonna shoot this?

Page 8 of 46 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 45 46

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (1minute, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 160user, 1234, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,413
Posts18,507,171
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.