Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 43 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 42 43
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I visit a lot of various sites, but this one is in fact the one I enjoy the most and spend the most time. I get more bugs and redirects saying I won some sort of gift card and it shuts me down and I have to close out the window on my mobile device and reopen it. I had the same problem with android when I used an android devices before I switched to apple several months ago. I personally think this site has way way too many ads, I think the ads are causing the problems. I know its nice to make money and I am grateful for the site but come on man!! this needs to be fixed. I enjoy waking up every morning without even getting out of bed and grabbing my ipad and surfing the latest threads right here. again I am thankful to come here but this needs to be fixed and its been a problem for a long time.

oh and PS, I also had tons of trouble here before I switched to chrome with ad blocker on my desktop, AGAIN TOO DAMN MANY ADS!!!!

I know how you feel. It was the same way for me until i put ad blocker on my iphone, problem solved. I don’t know why it isn’t working for you.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ya'll see DOLPHIN BROWSER works per BigDave. Maybe you could try it?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So - did you try it?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
iPhone 8S and iPad Air with ad block and always get the horse chit redirects to prizes and such. Sometimes like right now I am using Firefox and it’s not giving me trouble but sometimes Firefox does it too. It’s been like this for years, sometimes it’s unusable and sometimes I can go through several threads before it happens. Pretty frustrating for sure as this is the only forum that this happens to me on.

Have you turned/enabled Adblock Plus in your iPhone settings?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
so if adblocker fixed the problems on my PC, and you guys claim adblocker fixes it on mobile devices, here is a thought, how about shiitttt can the ads?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
so if adblocker fixed the problems on my PC, and you guys claim adblocker fixes it on mobile devices, here is a thought, how about shiitttt can the ads?

That is irrelevant because it is not in our control. Your use of the software that works, the exact software that works, is the only thing in your control. Too me, in the time it has taken since your first post you could have tried multiple solutions that have been presented. Have you tried the $1.99 paid version of the Apple adblocker? Have you tried the Dolphin browser?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Easy peasy.

It works. And FREE.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

Easy peasy.

It works. And FREE.

I guess I could buy an iPhone and try it. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

How many websites do you own/run?

Just curious how you buy bandwidth for all of them.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ironbender

How many websites do you own/run?

Just curious how you buy bandwidth for all of them.

Conversely, would you pay, and how much would you pay, to be here?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
why not remove all ads from the site and bring them back one at a time till we see which ones cause the problems?

Why not pull your head out of your ass instead of asking someone to jump through hoops to take car of something 100% in your control? You do know that ads geneate revenue for the person who owns the site, right?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I visit the site on a 6 year old MacBook Air, and have no problems. I did get Adblock when the annoying Chevrolet advertisements started popping up though, and no problems since then.

L
LJB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I visit a lot of various sites, but this one is in fact the one I enjoy the most and spend the most time. I get more bugs and redirects saying I won some sort of gift card and it shuts me down and I have to close out the window on my mobile device and reopen it. I had the same problem with android when I used an android devices before I switched to apple several months ago. I personally think this site has way way too many ads, I think the ads are causing the problems. I know its nice to make money and I am grateful for the site but come on man!! this needs to be fixed. I enjoy waking up every morning without even getting out of bed and grabbing my ipad and surfing the latest threads right here. again I am thankful to come here but this needs to be fixed and its been a problem for a long time.

oh and PS, I also had tons of trouble here before I switched to chrome with ad blocker on my desktop, AGAIN TOO DAMN MANY ADS!!!!

I see this problem too on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my MacBook when using comcast as the ISP for my LAN. Turn WiFi off on the iPhone and the problem goes away. So the "You won..." pop up bug/virus looks to be comcast ISP related. It does render this forum unusable.

Don't mind the ads too much, the site has to pay for itself. BUT the persistent bottom of page pop-up (Chevy Silverado) as I type, has GOT TO GO!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ghostry

If God can get by on 10%, why does the government need 90%
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t know what you guys are complaining about, I’ve raked in $2.3 million, 1.000 at a time....

NRA Endowment Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Look, dumba$$, nobody like ads, but they are what pay for free Internet sites.

If you can't tolerate them, only look at stuff you pay for yourself.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Chevy ad was annoying. Have adblock plus on all my apple devices and don't have any issues with redirects, popups or ads.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Ok, I pad I phone user here. My ad blocker in my settings is enabled, still have had issues. Is ad block plus a app? Dolphin browser, is it a app that will work on Apple products. If so, Im to use this instead of safari? Im not concerned about your ads, you guys need and deserve to get paid for this forum, I’m just looking for a fix for me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Apple iPad and iPhone work fine here.

Sam......

Page 30 of 43 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,290
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.