Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I gave up caffeine ~15 years ago and that helped a bunch,

I was waking up dozens of times a night and needed coffee to keep me going during the day and guess what, I slept badly the next night too.

The Dr set up a sleep study and It's not sleep-apnea, my brain just keeps churning all night but I sleep much better if I don't have caffeine giving me an extra zing.

Ambien may put you out but is being sedated the same as sleeping?

One drug to keep you going and another to put you out..... no thanks.

Change something and Good Luck!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You boys better stay off those sleeping meds and copious amounts of “natural” alternatives.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by colodog

For me, Ambien doesn't cause me to feel sedated. If I wake up during the night for whatever reason, I feel like somebody who has just woken up.

It would be good if I didn't need it any longer. But I've not found a substitute.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
diphenhydramine tablets work well.... it's the sleep aid in aleve PM's. You can get a bottle from walmart for around $4. 1 or 2 before bed works well.

After using that for awhile you'll not be able to sleep without it, and as time goes on, it takes more to put you to sleep.

Addictive.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Melatonin isn’t addictive but you will still need increasing quantities as well.

If you’re sleeping like schit there’s a reason.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Melatonin isn’t addictive but you will still need increasing quantities as well.

Yeah.

Like getting older.... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Yeah, it sucks. And many sleep meds tend to leave me feeling hung over the next day and that sucks worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Ask your Doc form some meds, they can change your life.

I did and she prescribed a mild antidepressant called Tramazone or something. It made all the difference in the world for a couple months just takin one pill before going to bed. Then, I woke up one morning with the sheets soaked from night sweats. Changed the sheets. Next morning had the same thing.

I googled “ nightsweats” and found that in men it’s almost always caused by.....antidepressants.

I quit taking them and I do alright as long as I get SOME exercise during the day.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yeah.

Like getting older.... smile

I'm getting older and the only thing causing me to get less sleep than I like is poor decision making.

Why in the world did I decide to get friggen chickens that need let out, fed, and watered at daylight?

It's especially bad at this time of year because......................HOCKEY!

I don't get control of the TV until the wife goes to bed, usually 2100-2130 or so, sometimes later. Then I can turn on the game on the DVR, even skipping commercials it's almost 2 hrs long, so no sleepy time for me until midnight usually. Then, since I have a hard time waking up if it's not an emergency, I have to set the alarm for an hour before I need to get up. Snooze alarms are a great invention.

I'm blessed in that I have an easy time sleeping, can sleep through most anything when I know what the noise is (but wake quickly for unknown or unwanted noises), and can sleep through the night without a pee break most times.

'flave has some good points. Look to kids and dogs for an example. Run around a bunch, don't drink stimulant liquids, realize if you ate today and have a roof over your head life ain't so bad, and take naps and sleep well.

Geno

PS, I'm also expert at procrastination.......................whatever is worrying me will be there tomorrow to worry about..................time to sleep now!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Best solutions for me --- daily exercise, NO alcohol, go to sleep by actively thinking about NOTHING.

I once saw a bit of sleep research where participant were asked what they were thinking about as they were trying to go to sleep. Those having trouble said "everything" and the sleepers said "nothing". Try to think about nothing, it's possible.

No coffee after lunch.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
My ass is dragging this afternoon. I’ll sleep good tonight

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m 67 and generally sleep well.
In my case, exercise make a big difference.
No exercise, far less sleep.

NRA Patron
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I generally have no trouble getting to sleep, sometimes nightmares wake me up. No evening snacks helps staying asleep. If I expect trouble sleeping becouse of something pending the next couple days that I might be thinking about, a low dose sleep pill, dyphenhydramine helps.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
if you are taking melatonin , it might raise your blood pressure and having nightmares , adjust your dosage !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by colodog

For me, Ambien doesn't cause me to feel sedated. If I wake up during the night for whatever reason, I feel like somebody who has just woken up.

It would be good if I didn't need it any longer. But I've not found a substitute.

Ambien or other medication is its class (Sedative-Hypnotic)are meant to be taken only for a few weeks , please read :
https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafet...ionforPatientsandProviders/ucm101557.htm

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ambien is not something you should take.

Ever.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Ambien is not something you should take.

Ever.

I have taken one pill of Ambien ever. We were leaving Iraq, to Ireland, then Utah. I took it in Ireland and woke up landing in Utah...that stuff is no joke!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I know if you take testosterone or artificial steroids your testicles shrink because, regulated by the body, they no longer make near as much testosterone on account of you already have more than enough.

Likewise, the times I quit drinking coffee for a week I was falling asleep all the time like I had narcolepsy, because my brain had gotten used to making less of whatever the "wake up" chemical is in my brain because with the coffee I already had enough (went back to caffeine every single time because life with NO vices was boring).

Surely taking a supplemental "fall asleep" substance, melatonin or a mimic, would make me dependent on 'em for life.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Fuggn Ambien should go the way of Phen-Phen. Damn dangerous stuff that causes far more problems than it solves.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Things that make me sleep better.No caffeine after 2:00PM,no alcohol .I walk and lift weights and found out that when I did that later in the day,I had trouble sleeping.For some reason a glass of milk an hour before I go to bed makes me sleepy.When I was working when I was younger it was avery competitive environment.Your working companions would fugg you in a heart beat to make them selves look better.I would go weeks with out sleeping.I gave a few guys an attitude adjustment and things changed.Nothing is that important to have in your head at bedtime.JMHO ,Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,828
Posts18,477,926
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.