Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Gramps2 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
I have not been on here for a while but I use to be Gramps2 and had to update my profile. BUYER BEWARE especially if your thinking about buying a new Kimber 84L Montana. My advice would be DO NOT. I have two older 84 Montana's that have been super, but it looks like Kimber's are more expensive, and quality has gone down the crapper. The day started off OK with a call from my local FFL telling me that my rifle had come in. When I looked in the box, the stock was not the dark green I had ordered. After a few minutes, I said, awe hell it's green enough, and it's a 280 AI. Took it home put it on the kitchen table and finished a plumbing project. Opened the box for a further inspection, and something did not look right with the trigger guard. I took it outside, and the trigger guard was damn near white. Tapped on it with a finger nail and it seemed to be plastic. By this time I had worked up a good MAD. Called Kimber and got a nice lady who said, they are all that way. (she was the first of their defense) I said, I have two 84's in my safe and they are STAINLESS STEEL. Asked to talk to her boss (defensive line 2). He sounded like he had just finished boot camp, and took offense in my term, plastic, insisting that it was aluminum and much better than stainless steel, which I guess is the company go to answer. I said if it is better than stainless I will take it off, and you can send me a stainless tg, and I will send your wonder tg back to you. His reply was we don't have a stainless steel tg. Let me talk to your superior, enter the (third line of their defense) a (believe it or not) guy named RAY JUNK. I told him his last name fit what they now call a trigger guard. He seems like an ok guy, and I said I am not trying to be difficult, all I want is a stainless steel trigger guard, there are not any was his reply, but to placate me he would make some calls, and get back with me in thirty minutes. Calls, and they have now been sold or destroyed, none in all of Kimber world. I informed him that I have 2 Kimber 45's and now 3 Kimber rifles, a $6,000 (plus or minus) investment in Kimber. I asked to talk to his superior and he said, I'am it. Would not give me a name or number to call. At this point I have had enough, and we close on words I have not used in a long time. I now have the name of Leslie Edelman their as of 2016 CEO also Gregory Grogan their COO. I ain't letting this bone loose. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE, IN THINKING THEY ARE WHAT THEY USE TO BE. I CERTAINLY BELIEVE THAT I WAS LIED TO BY ALL . I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING KIMBER MAKES!!!! WHEN ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A STAINLESS STEEL TRIGGER GUARD. NOT VERY SMART OF A COMPANY TO LOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVER SOMETHING AS CHEAP AS A STAINLESS TRIGGER GUARD. JOIN THOSE LIKE MYSELF AND REFUSE TO GET SCREWED. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THOSE LIKE MYSELF, WHO SAY "I WILL NEVER BUY A KIMBER"

Last edited by Gramps2; 01/07/19. Reason: addpic
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wow

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like mine. It has a stainless trigger guard, though. Older model. I’ve never seen a Montana with a green stock. Sorry for your disappointment.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It used to be folks wanted an Aluminum trigger guard on their Kimbers...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../6157136/7/Kimber_Aluminum_Trigger_Guard

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Wow! Nice rant! 👍😁...Hb

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Too many words

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So you’re mad because they won’t give you something they don’t make?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Haha!!! Pard bought a 325 wsm Montana when they came out. Wasn't impressed then, not impressed now. I'll keep slumming junk Remingtons..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Sounds like a bad deal. I had mine with Beretta/Sako so I know they happen. Maybe a picture would make a good story better, just for those with matching rifles can compare. One more thing; did you ask for a buy back? If I were that disgusted I'd be asking for my money in a big way. Good luck.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Why is this in the deer hunting section?

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Tom264
Why is this in the deer hunting section?

At a guess I would say he was shaking so hard he miss-hit the mouse.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Kimber and I have parted ways a very long time ago and I will never own anything they make ever again !!!!!!! And that's all I have to say about that. Widow

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BCSteve
So you’re mad because they won’t give you something they don’t make?

makes perfect sense.....bob

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm not sure why, after completing a voluntary transaction, and then finding oneself dissatisfied with the result of that transaction, the first choice for behavior is to get on the phone and be an ass hole to complete strangers.

I am sure Kimber is fine that such ass holes are no longer patrons of their goods/services, if this is the way said ass holes deal with dissatisfaction.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
FUNNY!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gramps2
I have not been on here for a while but I use to be Gramps2 and had to update my profile. BUYER BEWARE especially if your thinking about buying a new Kimber 84L Montana. My advice would be DO NOT. I have two older 84 Montana's that have been super, but it looks like Kimber's are more expensive, and quality has gone down the crapper. The day started off OK with a call from my local FFL telling me that my rifle had come in. When I looked in the box, the stock was not the dark green I had ordered. After a few minutes, I said, awe hell it's green enough, and it's a 280 AI. Took it home put it on the kitchen table and finished a plumbing project. Opened the box for a further inspection, and something did not look right with the trigger guard. I took it outside, and the trigger guard was damn near white. Tapped on it with a finger nail and it seemed to be plastic. By this time I had worked up a good MAD. Called Kimber and got a nice lady who said, they are all that way. (she was the first of their defense) I said, I have two 84's in my safe and they are STAINLESS STEEL. Asked to talk to her boss (defensive line 2). He sounded like he had just finished boot camp, and took offense in my term, plastic, insisting that it was aluminum and much better than stainless steel, which I guess is the company go to answer. I said if it is better than stainless I will take it off, and you can send me a stainless tg, and I will send your wonder tg back to you. His reply was we don't have a stainless steel tg. Let me talk to your superior, enter the (third line of their defense) a (believe it or not) guy named RAY JUNK. I told him his last name fit what they now call a trigger guard. He seems like an ok guy, and I said I am not trying to be difficult, all I want is a stainless steel trigger guard, there are not any was his reply, but to placate me he would make some calls, and get back with me in thirty minutes. Calls, and they have now been sold or destroyed, none in all of Kimber world. I informed him that I have 2 Kimber 45's and now 3 Kimber rifles, a $6,000 (plus or minus) investment in Kimber. I asked to talk to his superior and he said, I'am it. Would not give me a name or number to call. At this point I have had enough, and we close on words I have not used in a long time. I now have the name of Leslie Edelman their as of 2016 CEO also Gregory Grogan their COO. I ain't letting this bone loose. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE, IN THINKING THEY ARE WHAT THEY USE TO BE. I CERTAINLY BELIEVE THAT I WAS LIED TO BY ALL . I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING KIMBER MAKES!!!! WHEN ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A STAINLESS STEEL TRIGGER GUARD. NOT VERY SMART OF A COMPANY TO LOSE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS OVER SOMETHING AS CHEAP AS A STAINLESS TRIGGER GUARD. JOIN THOSE LIKE MYSELF AND REFUSE TO GET SCREWED. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM THOSE LIKE MYSELF, WHO SAY "I WILL NEVER BUY A KIMBER"

Thatta way - kill'em with kindness. whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In addition it wasn’t his preferred shade of green. How many different shades of green do they make, since you say you ordered dark green?

I’ll take a Millennial over Gramps most days of the week.

Suggestion: Increase the fiber intake.

Last edited by battue; 01/08/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What's wrong with aluminum?

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tyrone
What's wrong with aluminum?

This....

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Gramps2

Roll up a fattie and take good long hit.

Camp is where you make it.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 879 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.