Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 43 of 43 1 2 41 42 43
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Some still experiencing stuff on Android.... From another thread.

Been dinking around with Chrome on my Android phone and see it had cookies from 480 websites and almost 200 MB in the cache. Might clear all that and see if it'll help yours. Looks like there's been improvements on the homefront. Those settings under privacy and site settings would be worth getting correct, and it has a built in adblocker that doesn't block everything.....

I don't know chit but here's the settings on mine and it seems to be working.

Privacy Tab
(this is where you go to clear cookies and cache and browsing history) (CLEARED NOW)
Nav error settings unchecked
Search and URL sug checked
help improve safe browsing hell no unchecked
safe browsing unchecked (LOL WTF?)
use page predictions checked
access payment methods checked
usage and crash reports off
do not track off
tap to search on

Site Settings (when logged in on the 'Fire)
(hit all sites and you can see all the chit that is tracking you) (CLEARED NOW) Adblockers are good chit but whatever...
Cookies Allowed (must be to log in)
Location Blocked
Camera blocked
Microphone blocked
Notifications ask first
Java allowed
Pop Ups and Redirects BLOCKED (duhh!)
Ads blocked from some sites
Background synch allowed
Auto downloads ask first
media allowed
sound allowed
Storage tab shows tons of sites tracking my ass (CLEARED NOW)
usb ask first
clipboard ask first

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Still unusable at all on my iphone.

AKA glazer1972 Original Registration 09/07/03. 235 Original Posts. Re-registered due to issues with Private Messaging.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Occasional popup that I can back out of. Rare, not all the time.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just started again today about a half hour ago.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This might explain some pop ups.

https://thehill.com/policy/cybersec...licious-cyber-tool-in-committing-digital

A firm focused on cybersecurity for the media industry says it has discovered that hackers are now using a tool designed to hide the fact that it includes malicious code to commit digital ad fraud.

Officials at DEVCON told The Hill on Sunday they uncovered the use of the tool -- known as a polyglot -- on Friday. They said that the use of polyglots, which are considered to be among the more technically advanced tools available for cyber criminals, points to more hackers committing digital ad fraud.

In a polyglot, users can hide malware within the code for an existing file, like an image. In a successful attack using the tool, a web browser will only load the code for what appears to be its intended purpose, allowing the malicious code to remain hidden while it carries out the attack.

For example, the hackers can manipulate the code to make it appear as if it is only an image. But when a web browser uploads the image, it is also including the malware -- a JavaScript code in this case uncovered by DEVCON -- which can then carry out an attack.

After the image appears, users can then be redirected to a pop-up offering a scam like a $1,000 gift card to Walmart.

“This all happens automatically without user interaction,” Josh Summitt, the chief technology officer at DEVCON, told The Hill. “So the user doesn’t have to click an ad or anything like that for this to happen, it will just redirect them out of the site.”

“Most users, it annoys them,” he added. “Some users actually click on these things and give up their data.”

Summitt and Louie said that once the pop-up appears, other attacks can be carried out, from cryptomining to the installation of a Remote Access Trojan (RAT), which effectively gives the hacker access to the user’s device and opens the door to future cyberattacks.

This isn’t the first time that malicious code has been hidden within images to commit ad fraud: In another exploit, known as steganography, pixels for an image will be replaced with code, causing the picture to look degraded.

But in a polyglot, Summitt said, the code is for both an image and the malware, which can hide the inclusion of the malicious code.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B2

Page 43 of 43 1 2 41 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,210
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.