Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
So what's up next for The Liar in Chief? He can't have his wall, never mind making Mexico pay for it. His minions are struggling mightily to revision this as yet another "win", many are jumping ship, but there is nowhere to land except in deep caca. Lawyers are circling overhead.

The music is starting to sound ominous, guys. I think this might end badly for y'all.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by akasparky
Trump did what he had to do to sweep the Roger Stone headlines off the front page and it worked perfectly.
Couldn't have the world focused on that all weekend.
Trump cares about Trump, thats all.

What does Roger Stone have to do with Trump? Why would Trump care?

Possibly you didn't know that Stone is a longtime adviser to President Trump.

Other that that we know nothing for a fact.

Try and find one headline story about Stone where they don't spin their story to point at Trump.

He don't like that, tweets about it all the time.

Any innocents or guilt regarding Trump and the Mueller investigation is yet to be known by me, you or any other blow hard in these forums, but anyone with any knowledge at all knows that innocent men can be convicted of crimes they had nothing to do with.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Tansun
Sure looks to the average guy on the street, that Trump is slowly caving. Sure do not see where he is gaining anything. Maybe one of you folks with better foresight could explain hs way of thinking?

Why your sudden interest in politics?

Sorros check come in?

I'll humor you (and others) as if asking a legit question. Let's take a look things.

Federal employees have not been getting a check. Historically, when this happens, the GOP takes a beating. Ask Newt about it. Trump let it run a while, and then decided enough is enough. You can bet he's been talking to people in the House about which way the wind is blowing and how he can get SOMETHING out of this. Get that? Politically, Trump wants something out of this standoff. A consession from the Left will NOT come easy. They are tired of losing and think they have momentum to push back.

All of you better realize that without a good majority in the House AND 60 votes in the Senate, Trump will NEVER get everything he wants. NEVER! He doesn't have 60 votes for cloture to end a filibuster. So............... best thing he can do is get as much as he can whenever he can get it. He will NEVER get all. Any of you politically naive fools who want to bitch and moan that "Trump ran on the wall and now he's betraying us" are idiots.

Trump has his people int he House working on the best deal he can get. The best deal he can get is THE BEST DEAL HE CAN GET. HE'S NOT KING! He's not a DICTATOR.

Question: When has Trump backed off anything? He's gone from one agenda item to the the next, but he has not backed off of Immigration, and just because he hasn't gotten all he wants now does't mean he's done with the topic or the issue is closed. You Right leaning idiots should have foreseen that that the next 2 years will be a battle. Trump will win some, and not win others. I haven't seen him lose. This is a 3 week negotiating period, and by opening back up the gov't, he escapes the criticism that killed Newt. namely that these "poor federal workers were starving" because of the shutdown. Trump just took that card away from the Dems. He now can negotiate. What if he only gets $1.5 billion for the wall and suspends action on DACA for 3 years? You idiots going call that caving? NO! It is the first step. Trump builds 250 miles of wall, kicks DACA down the road (none of them will EVER be deported under virtually any circumstance anyway), and maybe he gets an end to chain migration. If he doesn't? He still gets 250 miles of wall. He can come back in 2021 after the elections (and a likely GOP House) and get more. Incremental works! Ask the Dems!

You people need to quit being such short sighted cry babies. In three weeks, Trump can walk away with some of what he wants, and it is the best deal available under the present circumstances. If you are disappointed by that, then go fire bomb Paul Ryan's house for not helping out the past two years.

If the Dems don't throw Trump a bone, then Trump can use the National Emergency card and build the wall himself and give Nancy and Chuck the Presidential FU.

Let's say he gets nothing. Zero funding, zero action on chain migration and quotas, amnesty for DACA. Well, IF that happens in three weeks I will be more angry than any of you! But I don't see that happening.

Trump is not GHWB or GWB who might try once, and give up is not successful. Trump is passionate about the southern border. More so than GWB was about Saddam Husain.. W was gonna get that phoucer for authorizing a hit on his Old Man come hell or high water. Trump is going to get control of our Southern border come hell or high water. If he can't do it in big bite, he'll do it small bites, but i don't see him giving up.

All you nervous Nellies chill and let's see how these three weeks work out. Johnny Isakson is my Senator. He's a reasonable sort. Word is he and others have worked something out that gives Trump some of what he wants, yet let's the Dems save face for now. That's the best scenario any of us can hope for. The Dems won't budge unless they can save some face, otherwise, they have betrayed their people. Trump will take what he can get right now. Move the needle to the Right degree by degree.

If none of this good stuff happens in three weeks, I promise I will be the loudest critic on the 'Fire. However, I have watched Trump, and am starting to understand what makes him tick, and I have been given a glimpse of how Washington works and think this is all a strategic give and take, and sometimes you get the best deal you can get at the time and move on until the winds change. Make sure in 2020 the winds change. I got a check into the RNC to get my District, which went GOP by 21 points in 2016 back from the Dems in 2020. Anybody else put your money where you mouth is??????

Think strategically, realize the other side plays offense and defense too, and realize with the Dems controlling the House, there is a give and take. Without 60 votes in the Senate, there is going to be a give and take. Trump will get as much as he can as often as he can. He's not going to shelve the immigration problem. Just because you punt now and then, or take the open receiver at 8 years when nobody was open in the end zone doesn't mean you lose the game.

Well said....

Illegitimi non carborundum

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Have you guys forgotten hiliary? How about the supreme court justices? The trade deals? taxes? JOBS? The economy? The North Korea talks?

Technically, you are not punching while drawing back your fist.

Thanks God for DJT. He is NO quitter.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What is really important is how this battle ends. I suspect Peelosi will play games and 21 days will transpire with no real resolution. She is more interested in sabotaging Trump than finding solutions. As a result, DJT will evoke "national emergency" and the fight will move to the courts. It will take about 6 months for the SCOTUS to hear the case and DJT will win. Both parties are at fault over immigration but finally, we have someone who will not quit. It likely will take incremental steps to ultimately secure the border.

The concept of "bipartisanship" is a Democrat Trojan Horse designed to obscure reality.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/26/19.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The SCOTUS stuff is real for sure. The rest, not so much. North Korea? Hell the little fat boy smoked Trump, just like Pelosi did. Trade deals? Those ain't looking so good at all. The economy? Served up for you by GWB and Obama. But I understand your wanting to blame Trump for it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
I just can’t work up much sympathy for all these movers and shakers getting their tits in a wringer with a S P for lying to Congress.

Gene, I must disagree with you on this. When they put a citizen in prison for doing the same as them, that is unacceptable. If the witness has to tell the truth, then all should have to tell the truth. miles

I agree about lying congresscritters but letting all of ‘me off just because you can’t get everyone doesn’t make sense either. These damn Lobbyists are half of the problem. The Politicians that sell out to them are the other half.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
The SCOTUS stuff is real for sure. The rest, not so much. North Korea? Hell the little fat boy smoked Trump, just like Pelosi did. Trade deals? Those ain't looking so good at all. The economy? Served up for you by GWB and Obama. But I understand your wanting to blame Trump for it.

Hahaha. So how many billions is Trump sending Kim to stop chunking missiles around?

You and Jell0 are two fine examples of reasons not to be a doper.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
OP, i thot i remembered Schumer and piglousy say they would talk about wall if Trump started govt up.

Suckers step in trap?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what's up next for The Liar in Chief? He can't have his wall, never mind making Mexico pay for it. His minions are struggling mightily to revision this as yet another "win", many are jumping ship, but there is nowhere to land except in deep caca. Lawyers are circling overhead.

The music is starting to sound ominous, guys. I think this might end badly for y'all.

I’m hoping for another SCJ nominee

That would make things end nicely for my kids and grandkids to grow up under Constitutional law. Ymmv

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sure looks to the average guy on the street, that Trump is slowly caving. Sure do not see where he is gaining anything. Maybe one of you folks with better foresight could explain hs way of thinking?

He made a tactical error. He's a negotiator and one of his tactics is to stake out a bold position and then negotiate back from there for what he really wants, ala "Trade Wars are great and easy to win" with China. Which is the same as threatening China with a full-scale trade war. And then negotiating for what he really wants which is something less.

His mistake was saying he'd shut down the government and be proud to do it. Once he said that he owned the shutdown and all of the backlash that came with it. He didn't take into account the unitended consequences like air traffic slowdowns and collateral damage to small businesses that depend on the government staying open, from restuarants to staff augmentation companies.

What works in the commercial world doesn't always work in the government world.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hatari

Why your sudden interest in politics?

Sorros check come in?

I'll humor you (and others) as if asking a legit question. Let's take a look things.

Federal employees have not been getting a check. Historically, when this happens, the GOP takes a beating. Ask Newt about it. Trump let it run a while, and then decided enough is enough. You can bet he's been talking to people in the House about which way the wind is blowing and how he can get SOMETHING out of this. Get that? Politically, Trump wants something out of this standoff. A consession from the Left will NOT come easy. They are tired of losing and think they have momentum to push back.

All of you better realize that without a good majority in the House AND 60 votes in the Senate, Trump will NEVER get everything he wants. NEVER! He doesn't have 60 votes for cloture to end a filibuster. So............... best thing he can do is get as much as he can whenever he can get it. He will NEVER get all. Any of you politically naive fools who want to bitch and moan that "Trump ran on the wall and now he's betraying us" are idiots.

Trump has his people int he House working on the best deal he can get. The best deal he can get is THE BEST DEAL HE CAN GET. HE'S NOT KING! He's not a DICTATOR.

Question: When has Trump backed off anything? He's gone from one agenda item to the the next, but he has not backed off of Immigration, and just because he hasn't gotten all he wants now does't mean he's done with the topic or the issue is closed. You Right leaning idiots should have foreseen that that the next 2 years will be a battle. Trump will win some, and not win others. I haven't seen him lose. This is a 3 week negotiating period, and by opening back up the gov't, he escapes the criticism that killed Newt. namely that these "poor federal workers were starving" because of the shutdown. Trump just took that card away from the Dems. He now can negotiate. What if he only gets $1.5 billion for the wall and suspends action on DACA for 3 years? You idiots going call that caving? NO! It is the first step. Trump builds 250 miles of wall, kicks DACA down the road (none of them will EVER be deported under virtually any circumstance anyway), and maybe he gets an end to chain migration. If he doesn't? He still gets 250 miles of wall. He can come back in 2021 after the elections (and a likely GOP House) and get more. Incremental works! Ask the Dems!

You people need to quit being such short sighted cry babies. In three weeks, Trump can walk away with some of what he wants, and it is the best deal available under the present circumstances. If you are disappointed by that, then go fire bomb Paul Ryan's house for not helping out the past two years.

If the Dems don't throw Trump a bone, then Trump can use the National Emergency card and build the wall himself and give Nancy and Chuck the Presidential FU.

Let's say he gets nothing. Zero funding, zero action on chain migration and quotas, amnesty for DACA. Well, IF that happens in three weeks I will be more angry than any of you! But I don't see that happening.

Trump is not GHWB or GWB who might try once, and give up is not successful. Trump is passionate about the southern border. More so than GWB was about Saddam Husain.. W was gonna get that phoucer for authorizing a hit on his Old Man come hell or high water. Trump is going to get control of our Southern border come hell or high water. If he can't do it in big bite, he'll do it small bites, but i don't see him giving up.

All you nervous Nellies chill and let's see how these three weeks work out. Johnny Isakson is my Senator. He's a reasonable sort. Word is he and others have worked something out that gives Trump some of what he wants, yet let's the Dems save face for now. That's the best scenario any of us can hope for. The Dems won't budge unless they can save some face, otherwise, they have betrayed their people. Trump will take what he can get right now. Move the needle to the Right degree by degree.

If none of this good stuff happens in three weeks, I promise I will be the loudest critic on the 'Fire. However, I have watched Trump, and am starting to understand what makes him tick, and I have been given a glimpse of how Washington works and think this is all a strategic give and take, and sometimes you get the best deal you can get at the time and move on until the winds change. Make sure in 2020 the winds change. I got a check into the RNC to get my District, which went GOP by 21 points in 2016 back from the Dems in 2020. Anybody else put your money where you mouth is??????

Think strategically, realize the other side plays offense and defense too, and realize with the Dems controlling the House, there is a give and take. Without 60 votes in the Senate, there is going to be a give and take. Trump will get as much as he can as often as he can. He's not going to shelve the immigration problem. Just because you punt now and then, or take the open receiver at 8 years when nobody was open in the end zone doesn't mean you lose the game.

Great post

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Paul Ryan shares as much blame for the wall failure, as do today's democrat's .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I wonder if there is now going to be a State of the Union address in Congress on the 29th? Will Pelosi be standing behind him then? I wonder if he will announce a National Emergency? Maybe they will pass some bills that Trump will sign and then the Congress recesses. Would that mean that Congress is not in session then?

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What is wrong with waiting and watching?
Maybe more can be learned than can be surmised?

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Smoked Trump?

Uh, where are the missle launches these days?

Who brought the remains of our GIs back after SEVENTY years of inaction?

Trump himself said those negotiations were a start, not the end you stupid communist.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leroy=Cockslurping phaggot.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is a black day, nothing good can come of Trump caving in. I wish he would've cut off Social Security. The Democrats would have come to their milk. Trump has opened himself and us up to ridicule. Read what I quoted, Mr. Beans isn't the only one dancing for joy. I still would vote for him over Hillary but a sure victory has been given away.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ya think?

https://twitter.com/clandestineros1...UpWNC1Bp0PBzP1bh3Y55y0vgxA2kRqPoWFUIsj2g

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To quote former Senator Phil Gramm of Texas "If anybody can put a pretty face on this they should be an undertaker". We have been betrayed.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 35, 69sportfury, 13 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.