Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jimy
Paul Ryan shares as much blame for the wall failure, as do today's democrat's .

Paul Ryan didn't campaign on building the wall.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tansun
Sure looks to the average guy on the street, that Trump is slowly caving. Sure do not see where he is gaining anything. Maybe one of you folks with better foresight could explain hs way of thinking?

It ALL depends on whether or not he declares an emergency and starts building a wall. At least now he can say he tried to negotiate, and democrats refused to come to the table.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
The SCOTUS stuff is real for sure. The rest, not so much. North Korea? Hell the little fat boy smoked Trump, just like Pelosi did. Trade deals? Those ain't looking so good at all. The economy? Served up for you by GWB and Obama. But I understand your wanting to blame Trump for it.

You really are that stupid. I wondered if it was an act. Nope.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep, this is all on Trump. He's always been a stupid bully, enabled by Cohen, Stone, Cohen, etc. But New York's shady real estate world isn't national politics. You can't just lie and bullsh*t your way now that the Democrats have the House and will hold everybody accountable. The Republicans have failed to perform oversight and have actually obstructed the investigations whenever possible. They continue to do so even now by delaying the Intel committee by not naming anybody to be on it. Funny. How long will they keep that up? I even heard the Dems are going to investigate House Republicans who obstructed justice. Awesome.

No, there will be no racist vanity wall. Anybody care for a third kick from a mule? He's been beaten and knows it. Everything from here on is bluster. The amazing thing is you guys still swallow his BS.

Last edited by Paddler; 01/26/19.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paddler

Yep, this is all on Trump. He's always been a stupid bully, enabled by Cohen, Stone, Cohen, etc. But New York's shady real estate world isn't national politics. You can't just lie and bullsh*t your way now that the Democrats have the House and will hold everybody accountable. The Republicans have failed to perform oversight and have actually obstructed the investigations whenever possible. They continue to do so even now by delaying the Intel committee by not naming anybody to be on it. Funny. How long will they keep that up? I even heard the Dems are going to investigate House Republicans who obstructed justice. Awesome.

No, there will be no racist vanity wall. Anybody care for a third kick from a mule? He's been beaten and knows it. Everything from here on is bluster. The amazing thing is you guys still swallow his BS.

So let me get your convoluted leftard reasoning straight.

If the leftards in congress refuse to negotiate, and refuse to fund the wall, THAT is Trump’s fault because he campaigned on it?
Now if he goes around congress, states a state of emergency, then you will come here and snivel that he is a dictator to the likes the world has not seen since Hitler.
With leftards it’s always Trump’s fault, even though it is leftards who refuse to come to the table.

You see, he can prove his renegotiation of NAFTA will bring in more money to the USA, that in the past would have gone to Mexico, that extra money can be used for the wall. But I suppose idiots like you, really thought Mexico would voluntarily send money to fund a wall that Mexico does not want built?

Last edited by Barkoff; 01/26/19.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

thank you....this is on one guy and one guy only...…...bob

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Three weeks from now Pelosi will dog-walk Trump again.

Shame on the Republican party if they allow this to happen again. Watching Trump flail and drown in his own flop-sweat is getting embarrassing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Tansun
Sure looks to the average guy on the street, that Trump is slowly caving. Sure do not see where he is gaining anything. Maybe one of you folks with better foresight could explain hs way of thinking?

Why your sudden interest in politics?

Sorros check come in?

I'll humor you (and others) as if asking a legit question. Let's take a look things.

Federal employees have not been getting a check. Historically, when this happens, the GOP takes a beating. Ask Newt about it. Trump let it run a while, and then decided enough is enough. You can bet he's been talking to people in the House about which way the wind is blowing and how he can get SOMETHING out of this. Get that? Politically, Trump wants something out of this standoff. A consession from the Left will NOT come easy. They are tired of losing and think they have momentum to push back.

All of you better realize that without a good majority in the House AND 60 votes in the Senate, Trump will NEVER get everything he wants. NEVER! He doesn't have 60 votes for cloture to end a filibuster. So............... best thing he can do is get as much as he can whenever he can get it. He will NEVER get all. Any of you politically naive fools who want to bitch and moan that "Trump ran on the wall and now he's betraying us" are idiots.

Trump has his people int he House working on the best deal he can get. The best deal he can get is THE BEST DEAL HE CAN GET. HE'S NOT KING! He's not a DICTATOR.

Question: When has Trump backed off anything? He's gone from one agenda item to the the next, but he has not backed off of Immigration, and just because he hasn't gotten all he wants now does't mean he's done with the topic or the issue is closed. You Right leaning idiots should have foreseen that that the next 2 years will be a battle. Trump will win some, and not win others. I haven't seen him lose. This is a 3 week negotiating period, and by opening back up the gov't, he escapes the criticism that killed Newt. namely that these "poor federal workers were starving" because of the shutdown. Trump just took that card away from the Dems. He now can negotiate. What if he only gets $1.5 billion for the wall and suspends action on DACA for 3 years? You idiots going call that caving? NO! It is the first step. Trump builds 250 miles of wall, kicks DACA down the road (none of them will EVER be deported under virtually any circumstance anyway), and maybe he gets an end to chain migration. If he doesn't? He still gets 250 miles of wall. He can come back in 2021 after the elections (and a likely GOP House) and get more. Incremental works! Ask the Dems!

You people need to quit being such short sighted cry babies. In three weeks, Trump can walk away with some of what he wants, and it is the best deal available under the present circumstances. If you are disappointed by that, then go fire bomb Paul Ryan's house for not helping out the past two years.

If the Dems don't throw Trump a bone, then Trump can use the National Emergency card and build the wall himself and give Nancy and Chuck the Presidential FU.

Let's say he gets nothing. Zero funding, zero action on chain migration and quotas, amnesty for DACA. Well, IF that happens in three weeks I will be more angry than any of you! But I don't see that happening.

Trump is not GHWB or GWB who might try once, and give up is not successful. Trump is passionate about the southern border. More so than GWB was about Saddam Husain.. W was gonna get that phoucer for authorizing a hit on his Old Man come hell or high water. Trump is going to get control of our Southern border come hell or high water. If he can't do it in big bite, he'll do it small bites, but i don't see him giving up.

All you nervous Nellies chill and let's see how these three weeks work out. Johnny Isakson is my Senator. He's a reasonable sort. Word is he and others have worked something out that gives Trump some of what he wants, yet let's the Dems save face for now. That's the best scenario any of us can hope for. The Dems won't budge unless they can save some face, otherwise, they have betrayed their people. Trump will take what he can get right now. Move the needle to the Right degree by degree.

If none of this good stuff happens in three weeks, I promise I will be the loudest critic on the 'Fire. However, I have watched Trump, and am starting to understand what makes him tick, and I have been given a glimpse of how Washington works and think this is all a strategic give and take, and sometimes you get the best deal you can get at the time and move on until the winds change. Make sure in 2020 the winds change. I got a check into the RNC to get my District, which went GOP by 21 points in 2016 back from the Dems in 2020. Anybody else put your money where you mouth is??????

Think strategically, realize the other side plays offense and defense too, and realize with the Dems controlling the House, there is a give and take. Without 60 votes in the Senate, there is going to be a give and take. Trump will get as much as he can as often as he can. He's not going to shelve the immigration problem. Just because you punt now and then, or take the open receiver at 8 years when nobody was open in the end zone doesn't mean you lose the game.

Great post

Exactly. And, we'll never get everything we want from the House. Ever. But Nancy isn't Queen.

Last edited by local_dirt; 01/26/19.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Damn! I didn't realize we had so many closet liberals and rinos on this site. Well we know who we can count on when the schit hits the fan.

My take is with Pelosi and Schumer refusing to fund the wall and refusing to pass a bill to get American citizen pay that they earned amounts to being criminal activity and potentially damaging to the security of the United States of America. If so, they should be charged, tried and if found guilty life in prison with all assets forfeit to the government.

Maybe it's time WE THE PEOPLE realize that we need to get rid of all those career politicians and institute term limits.
No longer should Congress men and women and Senators be allowed to keep being voted back in making them the "royalty" of government. It also should be a much easier process to recall people like Schumer and Pelosi who think they're so far above us peons.

I've been pissed with government since LBJ so pardon the rant.

"What good fortune for government that the people do not think." Adolph Hitler

Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Disagree with your fearless leader and go to jail - Isn't that what's happening in Venezuela right now?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Disagree with your fearless leader and go to jail - Isn't that what's happening in Venezuela right now?

Another troll plant. This one pretends to be more consrvative than thou.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Originally Posted by DryPowder
I'm still not tired of winning

Neither am I, but I sure am tired of losing. All these foreigners will fight for this country if the time comes right?

At least as much as Donald Trump, Dick Cheney, Jeb Bush, Newt Gingrich, Ted Nugent, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Karl Rove, Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Rudy Giulianni.

Think of the heroism, think of the patriotism, imagine the military parades!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Damn! I didn't realize we had so many closet liberals and rinos on this site. Well we know who we can count on when the schit hits the fan.

My take is with Pelosi and Schumer refusing to fund the wall and refusing to pass a bill to get American citizen pay that they earned amounts to being criminal activity and potentially damaging to the security of the United States of America. If so, they should be charged, tried and if found guilty life in prison with all assets forfeit to the government.

Maybe it's time WE THE PEOPLE realize that we need to get rid of all those career politicians and institute term limits.
No longer should Congress men and women and Senators be allowed to keep being voted back in making them the "royalty" of government. It also should be a much easier process to recall people like Schumer and Pelosi who think they're so far above us peons.

I've been pissed with government since LBJ so pardon the rant.

"What good fortune for government that the people do not think." Adolph Hitler

Paul B.

So, Paul, did you miss the part where Trump said he'd own the shutdown, that he'd be proud to shut down the government? Youtube it.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART

ps, I added this last not so as to hijack the thread so much as to express consternation as to what the "leadership" is doing by importing the filth of the world.

How'd that work out for Oz, weren't they founded on convicts and debtors, and the unwanted and unwashed of Merrie Olde Englande?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another troll plant. This one pretends to be more consrvative than thou.

laugh No, just believe in the rule of law starting with the Constitution. And limited government.

Hm. Maybe that does count as radical conservative these days.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
What Stray said "He's building a case."

For us here on the 'fire, he's got Paddler, et. al. wetting themselves like excited puppies, instead of their usual crapping all over themselves like demented retards.

Last edited by las; 01/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

Shame on the Republican party if they allow this to happen again. Watching Trump flail and drown in his own flop-sweat is getting embarrassing.

You should move to Mexico. That form of government and social structure suits you perfectly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by RollingThunder

You should move to Mexico. That form of government and social structure suits you perfectly.

If the Republican party allows Pelosi to bitch-slap Trump again in three weeks then they have nobody to blame but themselves. It would have been more respectful had she pantsed him in front of the world than what she did to him yesterday. She ate his lunch and then made him say thank you. You want to see that again?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"He's building a case."

Any clue whats in this case?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by watch4bear
"He's building a case."

Any clue whats in this case?

Sure. More BS. Just like his entire life. Obama told us he was nothing but a bullsh*tter. When will y'all wake up?

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

101 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 17 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 961 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.