-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice looking rig OM. Too bad the rifle didn’t come with a Sherpa to pack out his elk from the coast range. That would justify the price point a little. Grin! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by KenMi
So, it looks like the general consensus is that hunters have become a bunch of pansies that can't bear to carry a 9 pound gun on a sling. Maybe they should just lose a few pounds from their gut, and then not worry about the 3 or so difference in pounds on a sling. Once the shot presents itself, the heavier gun is going to be much more stable.

If I had not owned both rifles you describe , I may believe you . I just got back from the field with a Fieldcraft and took many opportunities at taking sight pictures and that rifle is real smooth and steady. An 8 pound rig can be smooth and steady too I suppose but I’m really liking the lighter one. I have not weighed it but it’s got a 3.5-10x40 Vx3i Leupold on it (Barrett).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone handle or shoot the Christensen Arms Traverse pictured above?

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
So, it looks like the general consensus is that hunters have become a bunch of pansies that can't bear to carry a 9 pound gun on a sling. Maybe they should just lose a few pounds from their gut, and then not worry about the 3 or so difference in pounds on a sling. Once the shot presents itself, the heavier gun is going to be much more stable.

If I had not owned both rifles you describe , I may believe you . I just got back from the field with a Fieldcraft and took many opportunities at taking sight pictures and that rifle is real smooth and steady. An 8 pound rig can be smooth and steady too I suppose but I’m really liking the lighter one. I have not weighed it but it’s got a 3.5-10x40 Vx3i Leupold on it (Barrett).

He's just jealous because he's still using rifles from the 80's.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by peeshooter

As one guy said, “if you’re going to be dumb, you better be tough.”

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

So what is your 3 and 7 day pack weight, rifle included?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by iddave

My apologies if someone already posted this. Gonna be a lot of these sold I suspect. Several interesting rifles in that article.

Outdoor Life- 16 new rifles from shot show.

Plenty of keepers. Might have to do an extra trip for a PRC

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Fixed it....

He's just jealous because he's still using white spacered rifles from the 80's.

How do you know a Trump hater? They'll tell you.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by Hudge
I think I may have to spring for a Fieldcraft in .280AI. They have my attention now. Any idea of barrel length?

24” of goodness...

8 twist I suspect smile

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Brad

I sure don't need one as much as some of you, but NEED has nothing to do with it. I want one!

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
When does this Barrett Fieldcraft go on sale?. I'm waiting in line

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I heard quarter 1 this year, but that's second/third-hand info.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I've been looking for a light weight 280 AI. I think this will end my search.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be looking for one in 280AI and two in 223....a 18" threaded and a 21"....or whatever they decide to make.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Brad

Yeah, he joined my Ignore List recently. Never has anything of any value to say.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
I heard quarter 1 this year, but that's second/third-hand info.

Hopefully that is true. I get home for good in late July/early August, I think I'm going to order one. It might be next year, but I will have one!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Hoping to have one to wring out before the end of summer.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have not played with a Fieldcraft yet, but a 24" 280 AI 8 twist has me really intrigued. However there seems to be a decent amount of feedback that the LA 24" barreled rifles have shorter/more confined mag boxes. Is this more fact or fiction? If it is Fact, would that lead you away from this rifle/cartridge if your goal was to shoot long/heavy bullets?

The 180 ELD in this combo is what I am really eluding to...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
I have not played with a Fieldcraft yet, but a 24" 280 AI 8 twist has me really intrigued. However there seems to be a decent amount of feedback that the LA 24" barreled rifles have shorter/more confined mag boxes. Is this more fact or fiction? If it is Fact, would that lead you away from this rifle/cartridge if your goal was to shoot long/heavy bullets?

The 180 ELD in this combo is what I am really eluding to...

The long action mag box is 3 3/8". I like having a little extra room in the mag box to load close to a kiss. The rifle will probably be put together well enough that it won't have trouble shooting well at a lot of different OAL seating depths with different bullets.....and in the end I'm good with that so I'm willing to give it a run.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Definitely will be order one of these along with a 223 Fieldcraft as soon as they're available.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

473 members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 40 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,206
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.