Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by hanco
They going nuts on the radio about him. Makes me puke!

I hope your puke bag was handy .... laughin'''

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Jack was 46 with the physique of the Pillsbury doughboy when he last won Augusta in 86. Phil is 48, almost 49, and was in contention this year with a -6. Freddy put up a couple good rounds past the age of 50 and Watson damn near won the British at 65. Tiger works out every morning before playing- I've seen it. His physique is unmatched for his age. If his back holds out, I see him having 10-12 years of truly competitive golf ahead of him. As for the mind set, you could see he was in the zone yesterday - haven't seen that look in 10 years from him.

There is a very good possibility Tiger will go down in history as the best, as a matter of fact I think he may already be there just by the way he plays, the man has no equal.

Just think how good he would have been if he hadn't fuqked up his life so much, hell if his back wouldn't have given him problems he'd be on top statistic wise right now.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
His physique is unmatched for his age. If his back holds out, I see him having 10-12 years of truly competitive golf ahead of him.

I agree Tiger can easily have another 10-15 or more competitive years left, but come on, "Unmatched physique"?

Lol. The boys in shape but don't go full rimjob on the fella.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wageslave
For clarification,
Florida still sucks.

Erroneous.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Ha! Re-reading what I wrote and it does sound kinda gay. Lol.

Seriously though. Jack and his generation - the Walrus, Ray Floyd, all those cats were kinda middle age men. Didn't work out, kinda doughy, and they peaked about 40.

Tiger has a serious workout regimen. And if you stood next to him you'd see he has a V shaped torso and not a pear shape as the generation of golfers before him. The golfers coming along after him, this new generation, are using the physical discipline that Tiger sort of pioneered on the tour. There are outlyers to be sure... Reed, Herron, Stadler #2, Gore, etc. But because of their bodies, they won't last the long haul. It's just too much strain on the joints and muscles.

Being a, ahem, John Daly physique myself, I could always hit the ball a long way, but now have a draw/hook because of my gut. No matter, Big Tool = Big Shed, right?

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Jack was 46 with the physique of the Pillsbury doughboy when he last won Augusta in 86. Phil is 48, almost 49, and was in contention this year with a -6. Freddy put up a couple good rounds past the age of 50 and Watson damn near won the British at 65. Tiger works out every morning before playing- I've seen it. His physique is unmatched for his age. If his back holds out, I see him having 10-12 years of truly competitive golf ahead of him. As for the mind set, you could see he was in the zone yesterday - haven't seen that look in 10 years from him.

There is a very good possibility Tiger will go down in history as the best, as a matter of fact I think he may already be there just by the way he plays, the man has no equal.

Just think how good he would have been if he hadn't fuqked up his life so much, hell if his back wouldn't have given him problems he'd be on top statistic wise right now.

He's good there's no doubt. The numbers are there. Too hard to compare eras to say he was the best. Give Hagen a jumbo clubhead with some boron/graphite shaft and a ProV1 ball then look out! Sorta like one of those old Sharps shooters from the late 1800's that were so accurate going up against the Bergara boys at a 1000 yards with the best optics.

As for Tiger, the pressure cooker blew when his wife found out about his extracurricular activities. His mind was toast after that. Very private guy with his world laid open. Went to sex therapy classes for a couple years. His body gave out too. Broken leg during the 2008 US Open, numerous back surgeries led to pain killers and that not so pretty arrest. Is that behind him? I think so. IT was 10 years ago. His focus are his kids and his game now. I think he grew up a bit. His ex-wife Elin is doing okay too - reports are a $100mm worth of okay.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

He's good there's no doubt. The numbers are there. Too hard to compare eras to say he was the best. Give Hagen a jumbo clubhead with some boron/graphite shaft and a ProV1 ball then look out! Sorta like one of those old Sharps shooters from the late 1800's that were so accurate going up against the Bergara boys at a 1000 yards with the best optics.

As for Tiger, the pressure cooker blew when his wife found out about his extracurricular activities. His mind was toast after that. Very private guy with his world laid open. Went to sex therapy classes for a couple years. His body gave out too. Broken leg during the 2008 US Open, numerous back surgeries led to pain killers and that not so pretty arrest. Is that behind him? I think so. IT was 10 years ago. His focus are his kids and his game now. I think he grew up a bit. His ex-wife Elin is doing okay too - reports are a $100mm worth of okay.

Physical breakdowns are going to cause mental breakdowns in somebody like Woods.

As far as I'm concerned the only athlete that he should (maybe) be compared to is Michael Jordan.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by sse
typical cast of idiots dumbing down something that isn't as simple as, 'dey all played da same course'

What place did you get in this years Masters?

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Exactly. I don’t play golf and generally don’t watch golf being played. But I do like to watch the masters for the simple fact of how perfect everything is.

I don’t have a favorite golfer but anyone that can beat the players before they even tee off has to be something to be reckoned with. I only saw about an hour of it yesterday but he was clearly in much better shape physically than the rest. Looked as if he was hitting the weights pretty good.

I’m sure hookers were lined up at his door last night like wilt chamberlain used to have. Good for him.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by hanco
They going nuts on the radio about him. Makes me puke!

I hope your puke bag was handy .... laughin'''

Probably not as handy as the knob to change the channel or turn the radio off. But then what would there be to bitch about?

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Tiger works out every morning to get his back loosened up to play 18. He was up at 3:30-4:00 AM Sunday to meet a 9:20AM tee time.

Jack was in better shape in 1986 than he was in the first half of the career majors he won. He also still had the game to play at Augusta. Likely the only major he could have won at that time.......his words. In the next 12 years he had single-digit finishes twice. At the Masters. He shot an incredible 65 in the last round of the '86 Masters. And was gifted by Greg Norman, coming down 18 tied for the lead, and air mailing his approach from the middle of the fairway.......into the gallery. Tiger was similarly gifted by four players in contention, in the last two threesomes, dumping short irons into Rae's Creek on the 157 yard par 3 #12. They all suffered doubles. The penalty for being long on that pin position is severe. Well...............perhaps not as severe as being short and finding the drink, but Tiger didn't even attempt that shot at the pin. He bisected the traps intentionally. Course management.

All credit to Tiger for this comeback from a lengthy absence and this majors win. But I think there's something Tiger fans are dismissing. To win another 3-4 majors............he'll have to play better. Because his competition will. And there's a lot more great players now than he ever faced before.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I admire Tiger's resurrection of his successful play, but more I appreciate the fact that he appears to have become more human in his relation to the rest of the world. My only regret in his winning is that now, after the media's complete and total infatuation with him before and during the Masters will continue unabated at least through next year's Masters, with any and all developments as regards professional golf playing minor roles.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

He's had spinal fusion done. That's going to trash the discs immediately above and below the fused discs rather quick if he continues to play golf at the level he is. That said, I hope it doesn't happen.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was never able to play golf again after spinal fusion.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So, the most important thing in the news is that Tiger won.

Says a lot about our prioities.

Even Rush was gushing for far too long today.

Kinda surprised the news has as much coverage of the Paris fire instead.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i never said i didn't like tiger woods, hard to over-state the accomplishment. it is a fact the course was softened up, with the greens playing unusually easy. The commentators pointed this out numerous times, evidently no-one here understood or listened. plus the others caved like babies under the pressure, and due to the ramifications of the come-back, and all of tiger's fans in tow. It was the moment, and the contenders' stumbling allowed him to win with a bogey. He was lucky to benefit from these factors. if no one else agrees, WTH do i care

Contrast that to Jack's last win, he had to shoot sub-par on the back nine to steal away with the victory.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by sse
i never said i didn't like tiger woods, hard to over-state the accomplishment. it is a fact the course was softened up, with the greens playing unusually easy. The commentators pointed this out numerous times, evidently no-one here understood or listened. plus the others caved like babies under the pressure, and due to the ramifications of the come-back, and all of tiger's fans in tow. It was the moment, and the contenders' stumbling allowed him to win with a bogey. He was lucky to benefit from these factors. if no one else agrees, WTH do i care

Contrast that to Jack's last win, he had to shoot sub-par on the back nine to steal away with the victory.

The greens were “softened up” for everyone. Tiger held himself together and took advantage. With the mindset I saw he’d have held himself together if the greens had been rock hard and blazing fast. In fact the I’m of the opinion that the also rans would have folded sooner with tougher conditions.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
plausible

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There were 10 players within 3 strokes of the lead at the turn. Only Tiger took full advantage. JD, Schauffele, and Day made runs at it, but didn't have enough holes left to win. The pressure got to Molinari after 50 something holes of bogey free golf. He put 2 in the drink for a 74 and it was all over.

In '86 Jack birdied six of the last 10 holes and threw an eagle in there to boot. Impressive. Actually, legend.

In '86 Norman started 4 up on Jack on the back 9 with Norman leading at the turn -7 and Jack at -3. Jack ended up winning at -9 and Norman could only manage to shoot a 35 on the back for -8. You might say Norman choked for not getting more red numbers on the back...and that wouldn't be the last time he did that at Augusta either.

Fun fact: 58 year old Jack made a run in 1998 and was in it until midway thru the back nine. Winner was Mark O'Meara at -9, Jack at -5, and a young punk on the tour named Tiger at -3.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by sse

The greens were “softened up” for everyone. Tiger held himself together and took advantage. With the mindset I saw he’d have held himself together if the greens had been rock hard and blazing fast. In fact the I’m of the opinion that the also rans would have folded sooner with tougher conditions.

Yeah, nobody ever folded from seeing Jack coming from behind...he didn't intimidate anyone lol

Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1minute, 222Sako, 22250rem, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 16penny, 58 invisible), 2,678 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,915
Posts18,498,320
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.