Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm no expert on geography,...but Tierra del Fuego ain't on the African continent.

yes you are right but also the ch ithole country of Ghana has been mentioned several times and birdwatcher has made mentions of going back their and wants some of his zany ass buds from 24 hour to go with him. So here is your chance to go to africa with birdwatcher and ph uckign party like their is no tomorrow.

Pretty much describes it but Africa ain’t near as crazy as the Rez. If we was in Ghana we’d all go down to the bar for Akpeteshie (translation:”Kill me quick”); rotgut moonshine distilled from the fermented sap of the oil palm.

All hard liquor is poison, Akpeteshie is just up front about that is all.. If you smell or taste it before you drink it, you ain’t gonna. What you do is pretend it’s water, and drink the whole half glass quick before your body has a chance to object. No worries, traditional wooden stools sit pretty low, and it’s probly a dirt floor anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Sitting here burning up the iPhone will watching over the grandkid...

What I would want in a motorcycle.

1) ABILITY TO PULL 80 ALL DAY LONG ON THE INTERSTATE.

...I have heard this eliminates the Harley Sportsters which do pull 80, but which beat you Death doing so.

3) THREE CYLINDERS OR LESS.

When loping along at a moderate speed, one to three cylinders impart a pleasant, companiable rhythm whereas IME inline fours are just dull as a post when not wound out.

4) SERIOUS CORNERINGING CLEARANCE.

When it comes to roadbike skills, corners are everything. Gotta be able to lean 30+ degrees in corners. This eliminates all Harleys except for the Sportster cafe racer, which barely makes the cut.

6) REBUILDABLE IN A PARKING LOT...

You really don't know what you're talking about.

CORNERINGING is very importantant.

Yeses it is.

I am MAGA.
pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

That is one seriously F'ugly bike.

[Linked Image]

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by pal

That is one seriously F'ugly bike.

[Linked Image]

I know. It's a damn shame that you can't have a pretty motorcycle that functions half as well as it does.

But I'm about riding these days,...not impressing people with my pretty motorcycle.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A Goldwing is almost as good of a long distance tourer as a 650 Burgman. But they weigh as much as a small Toyota and cost a fortune.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And neither one has any soul.

Rather not ride at all than ride one of those.

Love that old Cafe Racer, man, a real jewel.

MM

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

MM

Burgmans are for motorcyclists who have owned enough bikes to know a good one.

I've owned a bunch. It's a good one.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I also think a Tmax would be a good bike.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Kind of the old school version of the TW200, not nearly as high tech but you can get just about anyplace on one of these. 1979 Honda Trail 90 with a high/low gears laugh

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Oregonmuley; 04/28/19.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

MM

Burgmans are for motorcyclists who have owned enough bikes to know a good one.

I've owned a bunch. It's a good one.

I've had plenty too...........all the way back to 2-cyle, 3 cylinder Kawasaki's.

Not liking Bergmans & Gold Wings has nothing to do with whether they are good or not.

MM

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
If I had $11K that I could blow on a new bike, it would go for the Yamaha Tmax.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, OK, then...................to each his own, I guess.

[Linked Image]

MM

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Not liking Bergmans & Gold Wings has nothing to do with whether they are good or not.

MM

Well,...what's your criteria for a good bike if it's not that it's a good bike?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't say they weren't "good", read it again.

Just that I don't like them & would never own one.

Already said what I own & ride; if I were to change today, given the latest models, most likely be a Fat Boy or look around & find a mint 2014 CVO Road King.

2104 CVO Road King

MM

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
...Burgmans are for motorcyclists who have owned enough bikes to know a good one...

Burgmans are for motorcyclists who have no sense of shame. smile

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Didn't say they weren't "good", read it again.

Just that I don't like them & would never own one.

Already said what I own & ride; if I were to change to today, given the latest models, most likely be a Fat Boy or look around & find a mint 2014 CVO Road King.

2104 CVO Road King

MM

Yeah,...they're alright. But I've done the Harley thing a couple of times. I've done the Brit bike thing a few times. I've done the big inline 4 Japanese bike thing many times. I've done the Ducati thing. I'm just not interested in conventional motorcycles any longer.

The big, automatic transmission scooters are a whole different riding experience. My advice,...don't mess with them if you want to stay interested in conventional motorcycles. They'll spoil you rotten.

You'll never be able to go back to all of that upshifting, downshifting, looking for neutral, and being locked into one riding position again.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Paddler
2003-2004 Suzuki 650 Burgman's had faulty primary spline adapters as they came from the factory. If the adapter took a dump it would fry the transmission,..and they were taking a dump with alarming regularity. A guy in Poland started manufacturing some that would fix the problem so I sent off to Poland for one of them and installed it in my bike. They've got videos in English that detail the process now. But back when I installed mine I only had this to go by. I wanted my wife to translate, but she was unfamilar with a lot of the mechanical terms he was using.

I didn't know what da fug he was saying, but after watching the video a couple of times, I figured it out. I didn't beat the hell out of mine with a brass hammer, however.

Just buy the DR650 and be done with it. Rode it around a bit today, great bike.

DR650's are dual purpose bikes. They're good for what they're good for. But a 650 Burgman is a middleweight Goldwing. They're made for eating up lots of miles at interstate speeds comfortably.

Dude, it's a scooter. On steroids, but in the final analysis, a scooter.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

You Harley Guys ain't none too bright.

We do what we can with the poor, feeble minds that have been bestowed upon us.

Understood. Not judging, just feel a little sad for y'all.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
2003-2004 Suzuki 650 Burgman's had faulty primary spline adapters as they came from the factory. If the adapter took a dump it would fry the transmission,..and they were taking a dump with alarming regularity. A guy in Poland started manufacturing some that would fix the problem so I sent off to Poland for one of them and installed it in my bike. They've got videos in English that detail the process now. But back when I installed mine I only had this to go by. I wanted my wife to translate, but she was unfamilar with a lot of the mechanical terms he was using.

I didn't know what da fug he was saying, but after watching the video a couple of times, I figured it out. I didn't beat the hell out of mine with a brass hammer, however.

Just buy the DR650 and be done with it. Rode it around a bit today, great bike.

DR650's are dual purpose bikes. They're good for what they're good for. But a 650 Burgman is a middleweight Goldwing. They're made for eating up lots of miles at interstate speeds comfortably.

Dude, it's a scooter. On steroids, but in the final analysis, a scooter.

Yeah,...it's a scooter that will cruise smoothly and comfortable at triple digit speeds all day long if the cops leave you alone and carry a suitcase under the seat.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

You Harley Guys ain't none too bright.

We do what we can with the poor, feeble minds that have been bestowed upon us.

Understood. Not judging, just feel a little sad for y'all.

Feel sad for yourself. You show up here regularly to spit on your mirror. That's indicative of a fairly serious screw that has either came loose or was never properly tightened to start with.

Page 16 of 27 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260madman, 1minute, 160user, 48 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,857
Posts18,478,540
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.