Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
To the OP, at funerals everyone is going to a better place and everyone is a good guy. Funerals don't seem to be a place for the truth.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
It is a very sad situation. It seems to be more evident all the time. Some prescription drugs are depressive as a side effect, booze can be a depressant.
I think inactivity is a trigger and egocentricity.
I honestly believe the best thing a guy can do is pray, read scripture, go to church and get exercise- and get a saddle horse
Everyone has got to find this on there own, however.
Yup, I have had friends and family do this.
God Bless

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calvin
To the OP, at funerals everyone is going to a better place and everyone is a good guy. Funerals don't seem to be a place for the truth.

That's because funerals are for the living Not the dead

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I wonder if there is something to it being hereditary. A buddy's grandfather several years back sold him the family farm for a dollar, after that, he went out to find his grandfather hanging from one of the trees a few weeks later. His father killed himself last year. Must be something to live with knowing your grandfather and father committed suicide.

Never had anyone close to me do it, mostly family members you may see once in a blue moon at a reunion or something. Had a good buddy who overdosed a few years back, no note was left so we weren't very sure if it was one or not, he had just gotten a divorce.

Our local BPS seems to be a popular place to do it. Law enforcement told me multiple people have off'd themselves in the parking lot since it opened. I guess they just want to make sure they are found quickly.

Last edited by killerv; 05/02/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There more lies told at funerals than deer camp.

IC B2

B
BangPop Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B

Yes Calvin, you are correct. I have read with great interest the responses in this thread, including the douche that threatened to rip my f.....ing face off. I empathize with those poor souls who are depressed and are in a bad place in their lives. I have spent my entire professional life helping people make it through, what for most of them, is the greatest risk they will ever experience in their life. I take care of cardiac surgery patients while they are on the life support devices in surgery. It's a weekly thing to see families broken apart by the stress of the potential loss of a loved one or a death. I have seen children at odds with step mothers or fathers fighting to want to treat a hopeless end stage situation when the spouse wants to let the patient pass. I know all about all that chit.
Those of you who have said I don't know what is inside a suicide victims head are right, I don't know. What I do know is that by their action they have escaped their demons and quite possibly burdened those who they left behind with demons of their own. If you would have asked the young fishing guide that I referenced earlier if he would take his 12 year old son down by the river and killed him I'm sure he would have bristled and sad no way in hell. But by doing himself in he has set a precedent and provided and example to the young man of how to escape your problems. Ten or twenty years later the son may be having marital problems and go down to that same river and shoot himself leaving a wife and a couple of kids. And the cycle goes on and on.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sounds like our prison system.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Depression is a scary deadly disease. It makes you think those around you including your own kids would be better off with out you. If you have an unsupportive spouse that makes you feel the same way it can be hard at times to fight though it and hold on. I've had friends and family that have ended it and in doing so transferred their pain to those around them. Crappy deal and hard to understand unless you've faced severe depression yourself. I can tell you that having extreme chronic pain that has kept me awake for weeks at a time has put me in some bad places. I fight for my kids the same way I would if I was defending them personally.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
There more lies told at funerals than deer camp.

Lordy there’s some truth ^

Friend killed him self back in our thirties, had pistol whipped his gf, she called cops so he went out in the yard and used said pistol to end his problems

At the funeral I needed to peek into the casket to make sure the preacher was talking about the same guy

They asked friends to speak, but I declined, his parents didn’t need to hear about what a rake and rogue he was. They knew in their hearts. Him and I had some fun times going on Bender’s

Hit me hard cause I’d chewed his azz a few days earlier about a paint job he’d done on a vehicle for us Felt guilty about it.

Had to be left alone for a few days just doing mindless physical labor.

He was an only child, felt bad for his folks

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Theys a lot of depressed people at Bingo parlors. If you go bingo before they do, they ready to kill you and themselves.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by BangPop
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

Your know what, given all you have cited, I think you need to see the power of depression that would make a man kill himself and leave a child behind. You think it doesn't take a little bit of balls to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger?

You anger just shows that you have no understanding of how debilitating depression and PTSD can be. A lot of pretty brave dudes who served overseas, came back in a lot of pain and depression, and no doubt tried a lot before the depression overtook them.

You need to realize a lot more about depression than you do.

Good post Barkoff.

So why are so many of you so hateful about dude's suck dudes cocks? You need to realize a lot more about homosexuality than you do.

You boys have all bought in the ongoing liberal onslaught, basically EVERY [bleep] thing is a disease and nothing anyone does is their fault, except guns, guns are at fault for most things.

Understanding and tolerance are overrated, but they are California chick'ish.

Only Scott can come along and inject sucking dick and California into a thread on suicide. You see Scott, that is why so many around here love and respect you, you stink to your core.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Some great posts here on a very difficult subject. Not to over-generalize, but I wonder if the lack of reverence for life in today's society is a contributing factor. People are told that before they are born, they are just a glob of "fetal tissue". Post-partum abortion is being cheered on by certain politicians. It's not difficult to see how this kind of culture could contribute to someone with depression thinking of their life as not having any value. Certainly not the entire explanation, but it can't help.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Some great posts here on a very difficult subject. Not to over-generalize, but I wonder if the lack of reverence for life in today's society is a contributing factor. People are told that before they are born, they are just a glob of "fetal tissue". Post-partum abortion is being cheered on by certain politicians. It's not difficult to see how this kind of culture could contribute to someone with depression thinking of their life as not having any value. Certainly not the entire explanation, but it can't help.

I think this is why we see so many troubled youth, think about it. When we were growing up we were happy, encouraged that life was ours for the getting, Sky was the limit, compare that to the message the left has instilled into today’s youth.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L

Yes Calvin, you are correct. I have read with great interest the responses in this thread, including the douche that threatened to rip my f.....ing face off. I empathize with those poor souls who are depressed and are in a bad place in their lives. I have spent my entire professional life helping people make it through, what for most of them, is the greatest risk they will ever experience in their life. I take care of cardiac surgery patients while they are on the life support devices in surgery. It's a weekly thing to see families broken apart by the stress of the potential loss of a loved one or a death. I have seen children at odds with step mothers or fathers fighting to want to treat a hopeless end stage situation when the spouse wants to let the patient pass. I know all about all that chit.
Those of you who have said I don't know what is inside a suicide victims head are right, I don't know. What I do know is that by their action they have escaped their demons and quite possibly burdened those who they left behind with demons of their own. If you would have asked the young fishing guide that I referenced earlier if he would take his 12 year old son down by the river and killed him I'm sure he would have bristled and sad no way in hell. But by doing himself in he has set a precedent and provided and example to the young man of how to escape your problems. Ten or twenty years later the son may be having marital problems and go down to that same river and shoot himself leaving a wife and a couple of kids. And the cycle goes on and on.

Well well can to call me names to my face ?? You want to lump all suicide victims a chickenshit. That's a pretty big lumping without knowing the facts and what was behind the history of that I would trade a little more lightly. You make some very valid points on certain things but the lumping all them victims as chicken s**** is not a very good idea that's a real douchebag idea

B
BangPop Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by ldholton

Well well can to call me names to my face ?? You want to lump all suicide victims a chickenshit. That's a pretty big lumping without knowing the facts and what was behind the history of that I would trade a little more lightly. You make some very valid points on certain things but the lumping all them victims as chicken s**** is not a very good idea that's a real douchebag idea

You seem like you're a bit mentally unstable. Have you contemplated suicide.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Life is precious.....
Wife lost her only brother to auto accident caused by a DD at 17years of age, only sister to brain cancer at 45 years of age, father to massive heart attack the day after he retired, one grandmother and a 5 day old nephew on the same day, one grandfather to a accidental hunting-falling down incident.

Life is precious....
So many ways to exit

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When things go bad in a person's head they can lose all discernment. It's terrible, but I am not as judgey as I used to be.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen a couple of examples recently where two individuals were declared great guys after they took their own lives. One was a early 30's fly fishing guide who left a 12 year old son behind to deal with the stigma of having his father do himself in with a pistol. Another was a mid 70's guy who left behind his wife of nearly 50 years. Everyone goes on and on about what great guys they were. Just splendid individuals. I have a different opinion of someone who would do that to a loved one or family member. Selfish chicken chits that didn't have the guts to deal with whatever was eating at them. They took the easy way out. Sad deal for those left behind.

People generally do what they think is best for them and those they love. That belief may be seriously distorted but that is how it lays.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Love this clip from a biographical movie on Martin Luther:

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
As mentioned, 70% of America's suicides are Caucasian males,....with the largest increase occurring in middle age.

It's not hard to understand. Working and middle class Americans have largely had the rug pulled out from under them. Caucasian males in America is the only group which isn't provided with a government funded safety net. A Caucasian male with a wife and 2 kids making $20 an hour is going to have a damn tough time paying $1200 a month for health insurance, $1000 a month for rent and $250 a month for a car that's reliable enough to carry him back and forth to work. That's before you figure in clothes, utilities, food, car insurance, and the typical costs associated with day to day living.

Bottom line,..the ends just don't meet for a lot of middle aged Caucasian men in America today. Some man gets laid off,..his car motor blows up, he's just fugged. There's a *lot* of people in America today living from paycheck to paycheck,..with nothing to fall back on. And the government isn't going to bail you out if you're a Caucasian male.

An illegal has more access to government social programs than a Caucasian male citizen.

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1234, 10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 153, 69 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,536
Posts18,472,786
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.