Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Karl sorry to hear of your health probs and sorry it didn’t work out for you to be in AK, it’s a beautiful place, no doubt I’ve been spoiled

Gents when you have your health all possibilities remain, be grateful indeed for good health, but no matter where you’ve lived or what you’ve done getting to participate in this game called life is a blessing

Thank you sir. I admit its a [bleep] feeling and it gets to me - I am just praying to God that somehow I can be buried anywhere else, that is how bad I detest this [bleep] hole. I'm hoping that my sister can bring me back home when the time comes so I can be buried there.

Well damn, saddened to hear of all of this.

Karl, if you can arrange to have yourself cremated, give us a location and with all the guys we got here it seems likely we could have your ashes planted most anywhere. PM me if ya want.

A good friend of mine passed before her time ten years ago, when she died she left a list of places where she wanted her ashes scattered with the goal of making people VISIT those places. I left some in a grove of trees in Costa Rica within the sound of howler monkeys, a beautiful spot on the Mescalero Rez, and at a certain spot in Letchworth State Park in Upstate NY.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been contemplating this exact question myself over the past 3+ years. Still haven't come to a decision!

I absolutely love the picturesque scenery of the mountainous West, but not a fan of extreme cold, wind, snow, and ice. Had plenty of that (and then some) growing up in Germany. No thanks. Mild winters for me thank you very much!

Then there's the issue of undesirable demographics to consider when contemplating a new AO... ugh
Another issue, the big cities in each state have too many liberals that end up controlling and dictating to the rest of the state.

For now, I'm staying in the Texas hill country. When (as it's simply a matter of time) Texas eventually goes blue.... will not matter where... the Dems will hold the keys and it'll be time to look outside our boarder. Where? No idea...

Depressing to think about...

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Alaska,I've been here almost 50 years. Thought about northern Idaho but not acclimated for anything over 70 degrees anymore.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Karl sorry to hear of your health probs and sorry it didn’t work out for you to be in AK, it’s a beautiful place, no doubt I’ve been spoiled

Gents when you have your health all possibilities remain, be grateful indeed for good health, but no matter where you’ve lived or what you’ve done getting to participate in this game called life is a blessing

Thank you sir. I admit its a [bleep] feeling and it gets to me - I am just praying to God that somehow I can be buried anywhere else, that is how bad I detest this [bleep] hole. I'm hoping that my sister can bring me back home when the time comes so I can be buried there.

Karl, if you can arrange to have yourself cremated, give us a location and with all the guys we got here it seems likely we could have your ashes planted most anywhere. PM me if ya want.

A good friend of mine passed before her time ten years ago, when she died she left a list of places where she wanted her ashes scattered with the goal of making people VISIT those places. I left some in a grove of trees in Costa Rica within the sound of howler monkeys, a beautiful spot on the Mescalero Rez, and at a certain spot in Letchworth State Park in Upstate NY.

I wouldn't accept a penny from any Texan if my life depended on it. I will find my own way.

Last edited by Quick_Karl; 05/11/19.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I wouldn't accept a penny from any Texan if my life depended on it. I will find my own way.

well that's almost a thank you...…...nice offer bird...…...bob

IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by BobMt

well that's almost a thank you...…...nice offer bird...…...bob

I moved to Texass 4-1/2 years ago. All I have seen since moving here are a bunch of disgusting blowhards that all hire low wage illegal alien workers while concurrently complaining about a wall or the welfare that the illegal collects, as well as the welfare the out of work American seeks, while ignoring that fact that Beto almost beat Ted Cruz. This is because of the nature of Texans - they cannot stand paying anyone to work, and even the $8.00 an hour they pay the illegal is too much - and the out of work American is who paid for his F350 and bass boat.

Then when you challenge them on it, they call you a liberal or a Yankee...

I have nothing against an F350 and/or bass boat - if you got it without taking it from your neighbor's or fellow countryman's pocket.

I'd much rather be a Yankee and, in case you missed it, I wouldn't accept a penny from any Texan even if my life depended on it.

In truth - I think America should pay Mexico to take Texass back.

Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I heard the sirens call when I was 35 YO. I kept hearing them whisper alaska....alaska..ALASKA.
So I sold my business and moved on faith to the Great land.

Just turned 67... Returned last week from Kodiak island, guess what I was doing ! I've had so many adventures that it takes hours to shut me up when I get started.

Have been on a few road trips and you can have the crowded west coast. I'll visit the lower 48 but Alaska is home...

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by budman5
I heard the sirens call when I was 35 YO. I kept hearing them whisper alaska....alaska..ALASKA.
So I sold my business and moved on faith to the Great land.

Just turned 67... Returned last week from Kodiak island, guess what I was doing ! I've had so many adventures that it takes hours to shut me up when I get started.

Have been on a few road trips and you can have the crowded west coast. I'll visit the lower 48 but Alaska is home...

I am jealous.

Ok not jealous but definitely happy for you!

Should have listened to my gut.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Heeler, was born in Humansville and raised in Bolivar, gooooo Liberators Lol

Save you from digging out the Atlas, 30 miles north of Springfield on hwy 13, 70 miles north of Branson.,

Still love my old MO home, just love AK more.

In every man’s heart is a beauty to be won and an adventure to be lived. Alaska gave it all to me, will love this place till the day I die

Not far from me at all . Ash Grove address. Born , raised , will die here on same farm.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I like this very much.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I want to retire to upstate NY... somewhere around 1890 - 1910. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
agreed. 1910 BC (Before Commies)

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by cas6969
I want to retire to upstate NY... somewhere around 1890 - 1910. smile

God do I wish! If people could only see how beautiful upstate NY really is. Spent lots of time in Jay and Gilboa - both are the definitions of beautiful country. Native Americans had it made.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by colorado bob
[quote=mtnsnake]

I am involved in politics. I make phone calls, I register voters, I go cold calling. I get voters to the polls. Never have seen Bloomberg at any function I'm at. It's take work to win elections. Not belly aching about it on a forum where everyone thinks like you.

I commend your efforts Bob but you are fighting an unwinnable battle here. People we know have been saying that the western slope is different than the front range forever (my family lives on the Utah side of the 4 corners) but it’s really down to just Grand Junction now. The liberals have invaded Durango and Pagosa now too, they are leaning harder to the liberal side every year and voting blue. At the rate that Denver is growing this is a no win battle. Republican votes for president in colorado are down 10% in the last 2 decades and each cycle it leans more to the dems. With the current governor and a majority democratic state govt they can’t pass new liberal bills fast enough.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dumbest thing the wife and I was to move to Colorado.
The smartest thing was the day we moved out.
Colorado has the most unfriendly people we ever experienced in our lives.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
. [/quote]
If you can stand the cold Michigan is not a bad place [/quote]

I can adapt to severe cold or heat easier when it is cold every day like Michigan winter, or hot every day like Texas summer. I like the upper peninsula especially the area around Marquette.

The biggest negative of snowy weather areas to me is the need to shovel sidewalks constantly, I would need to live in a rural area to get away from that requirement.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Idaho sucks..Not here for sure..

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by WTF
Yep, Denver is an armpit

The traffic on the two interstates I-70 & I-25 is a total waste of time.

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
Originally Posted by colorado bob
[quote=mtnsnake]

I am involved in politics. I make phone calls, I register voters, I go cold calling. I get voters to the polls. Never have seen Bloomberg at any function I'm at. It's take work to win elections. Not belly aching about it on a forum where everyone thinks like you.

I commend your efforts Bob but you are fighting an unwinnable battle here. People we know have been saying that the western slope is different than the front range forever (my family lives on the Utah side of the 4 corners) but it’s really down to just Grand Junction now. The liberals have invaded Durango and Pagosa now too, they are leaning harder to the liberal side every year and voting blue. At the rate that Denver is growing this is a no win battle. Republican votes for president in colorado are down 10% in the last 2 decades and each cycle it leans more to the dems. With the current governor and a majority democratic state govt they can’t pass new liberal bills fast enough.

Only the historians a hundred years from now will properly identify the underlying hypocrisy that has driven American youth into the hands of the liberal left.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am a Canuck in Eastern British Columbia. West slope of the Rockies. Hunting and Rodeo are my primary interests. I sheep hunt for approx.2 months every fall and could not imagine not having this at my backdoor.
Many of my friends winter in Arizona, I like it fine but hunting seems to be very limited. Lots of roping for the Snowbirds.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1337Fungi, 71 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,772
Posts18,476,877
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.