Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
[quote=antelope_sniper RJM thinks the .22LR is a better man stopper than a 9mm with modern hollow points.

Of course his calling you out for you "inexperience" doesn't exactly add to his credibility. [/quote]

I don't ever recall advocating for a .22 over a 9mm except when that is all the person can handle...

He made the statement that flies in the face of reality.... Every person shot is different, every shooting is different, different bullets at different velocities act differently....

Also LE isn't in the business of "killing people" they are in the business of "immediate behavior modification" when it come to people/animals that are trying to kill them and/or others and as one of my instructors one said, "the gun is the ultimate behavior modification tool". Unfortunately death is often the result of behavior modification.

I spent 30 years in LE, 15 in Dallas where there were 80+- LE shootings just by DPD Officers a year, plus many more in the D-FW Metroplex plus felons shooting people. If you ask questions you find out what works on the street vs. what looks cool in the lab....

...and your credentials sir.....

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RJM
[quote=antelope_sniper RJM thinks the .22LR is a better man stopper than a 9mm with modern hollow points.

Of course his calling you out for you "inexperience" doesn't exactly add to his credibility.

I don't ever recall advocating for a .22 over a 9mm except when that is all the person can handle...

He made the statement that flies in the face of reality.... Every person shot is different, every shooting is different, different bullets at different velocities act differently....

Also LE isn't in the business of "killing people" they are in the business of "immediate behavior modification" when it come to people/animals that are trying to kill them and/or others and as one of my instructors one said, "the gun is the ultimate behavior modification tool". Unfortunately death is often the result of behavior modification.

I spent 30 years in LE, 15 in Dallas where there were 80+- LE shootings just by DPD Officers a year, plus many more in the D-FW Metroplex plus felons shooting people. If you ask questions you find out what works on the street vs. what looks cool in the lab....

...and your credentials sir.....

Bob
[/quote]

I don't recall making any knowledge claims based upon personal experience in this thread. I do seem to recall you touting the benefits of a .22lr over larger calibers in a former thread, along with your general know it all cop attitude.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Usually 124 grain Golden Sabres.

R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
"I don't recall making any knowledge claims based upon personal experience in this thread. I do seem to recall you touting the benefits of a .22lr over larger calibers in a former thread, along with your general know it all cop attitude."

Any time you can find that statement please post it.... I never carry a .22 except occasionally walking around my neighborhood where a larger caliber might ricochet into a house off the pavement and only advocate carrying a .22 when one can handle nothing bigger....

...and my "attitude" is based on experience and observation, not InterNet BS....

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
For my carry guns, I stick to traditional bullet designs. The best of them, but still nothing out of the main stream.

What does “traditional” bullet designs mean to you?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jwp475
For my carry guns, I stick to traditional bullet designs. The best of them, but still nothing out of the main stream.

grin

[Linked Image]

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That looks dangerously close to the 22's RJM was talking about when the last 2 guys he saw drop from non CNS hits, might be a good bullet...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
we seem to be having fun with the .22lr. back a long time ago the only real handgun i had for the house was a ruger mark I.
i always figured a full mag of that in somebody's face probably would make them leave.

I have in my collection a little hi standard, only made for a couple of years in WWII. Had a ring around the barrel where a silencer at one time sat. They were used by O.S.S. and others. No problem sticking it in somebodies ear and pulling the trigger. I think the israeli's have some experience with this too. they can be nasty when they roll around in somebodies chest cavity.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by TWR

LOL, me either, pelvic region, hip sockets might be another story, thinking a bg would fold up pretty quick, had that in mind when I was talking about Dirtfarmers little 380 awhile ago.

Trump Won!
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

No Leighheighs, Underwoods or other "trick" or "gimmick" designs.

In other words, I have a preference for modern jacketed hollow points in typical for caliber bullets weights designed and tested by credible manufacturers.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lehigh Defense makes no "trick" or "gimmick" projectiles. They do make bullets for knowledgeable shooters and handloaders. Underwood uses them.

While I prefer HSTs and Gold Dots for carry, their Extreme Penetrators have found a place in my 45-70 Bear Defense rounds to keep my cast heavies...woke.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Lehigh Defense makes no "trick" or "gimmick" projectiles. They do make bullets for knowledgeable shooters and handloaders. Underwood uses them.

While I prefer HSTs and Gold Dots for carry, their Extreme Penetrators have found a place in my 45-70 Bear Defense rounds to keep my cast heavies...woke.

SJ,

There seems to be some debate regarding Lehighs as a defensive projectile in the 9mm, so until we have more real work data, I'll stick to rounds resembling those you mentioned for carry purposes.

If we are discussing Lehighs for hunting, such as in your 45-70, or in a subsonic .300 Blackout for killing pigs, well, that's a different discussion. Some of their hunting bullets look pretty interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

antelope sniper...well armed with kind words.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

antelope sniper...well armed with kind words.

Thank you SJ.

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y

No Leighheighs, Underwoods or other "trick" or "gimmick" designs.

In other words, I have a preference for modern jacketed hollow points in typical for caliber bullets weights designed and tested by credible manufacturers.

Underwood doesn't make bullets - they sell ammo loaded with other companies bullets, like Gold Dots for example. They are a good source for high quality ammo that performs as advertised, unlike some of the others that don't meet their velocity claims.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Pretty easy to start getting carried away with emotion on the keyboard trying to get a point across. Go back & read what RJM is telling you, he doesn't brag but he's giving a lot of good advice every time he speaks so take the time to listen. With just about any gun, caliber or bullet he can offer sage advice to all of us, that's a fact. Don't even get me started on what he can do with a six gun at long range.

Dick

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
Pretty easy to start getting carried away with emotion on the keyboard trying to get a point across. Go back & read what RJM is telling you, he doesn't brag but he's giving a lot of good advice every time he speaks so take the time to listen. With just about any gun, caliber or bullet he can offer sage advice to all of us, that's a fact. Don't even get me started on what he can do with a six gun at long range.

Dick

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm packing the new 69 grain depleted uranium frangible hollow point penetrators at 1500 fps from UnderLehigh. I've been hanging out in the sleasiest part of town but I haven't been able to shoot anyone yet so I can't comment on their effectiveness.
Maybe I'll get me some meat to shoot or some of that ballistic jello stuff if I can't find somebody that needs shooting.
I'll be sure and report back.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
tag

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1lessdog, 22250rem, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,949
Posts18,519,247
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.