Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It's all been said to them before.... Lack of cock measuring or lots of cock measuring ain't going to matter one damned bit. We're just a pimple on the ass of the market and I think they couldn't care less. Millions happily buy their stuff and that's all they need. Easy money. No admission of fault. Bliss.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
It's all been said to them before.... Lack of cock measuring or lots of cock measuring ain't going to matter one damned bit. We're just a pimple on the ass of the market and I think they couldn't care less. Millions happily buy their stuff and that's all they need. Easy money. No admission of fault. Bliss.

I'd compare us more like a rash on the ass of the market.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Higbean

Oops, yes, you are right.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I think you have no idea...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

I think you have no idea...

Awesome.

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How's Lew-Pold taking the news? Devastated?

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Gotta imagine they got their rulers out. grin

--- Kid Rock 2022

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Leupold has been hard up against it for a long time... Chinese counterfeits (sold cheap at gun shows) have trashed Leupold's reputation without the idiots (that are buying the counterfeits even knowing they weren't actually Leopolds).

Years ago there was a Swap Meet called Shomeys in Middleton Ohio... many things on display and many things "wink and nod" behind the table...

Anyway, one day... plain closed FBI came into the show... quietly proceeded to all the exits and secured the perimeter...

THEN they announced themselves...

All the vendors kicking stuff into bags under the tables etc.

They went to ONE VENDOR ONLY... a guy selling $20 Roloxs (i.e. counterfeit Rolexs)... took him away in cuff... took all his stuff.

Seems Rolex had had just about enough.

---------------------------

I gather from the scuttlebutt that Rolex had put out a bounty (AND OVERTIME PAY) on such vendors...

Kinda felt sorry for the guy... everybody knew his stuff was Rolox (even spelled that way).

China manufacturing can clone about anything... that is also a killer. And at $5 a day on labor (or whatever it is) damn hard for anyone to compete.

Having trouble finding anything on this and have several problems with the tale...

OK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=P_ZTqC2Yxxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgqgGz2nPw

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean

Oops, yes, you are right.

True, but perhaps the fact that a major dealer like Doug recognizes that there's an issue that is seriously impacting sales just might, maybe, perhaps. As has been pointed out already, they know what's going on, and to all appearances don't give a rat's ass, unless there's a secret shake-up in progress. If QC is the major culprit, things could get better pretty quick; if design and/or materials are the issue, I'm probably too old to ever benefit from any changes they make.

Meanwhile, if some enterprising outfit should come out with scopes that feature all the usability goodies we like about Leupold combined with additional dependability, they should prosper. A bunch are already reaping in that field.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks. It would be cool to have Leupold on the dead nuts reliable list. wink

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think any manufacturer would be nuts to discount what's being said on sites like this one. There have been over 24,000 views of this thread. I don't know whether that count includes folks who are not registered, but a lot more guys read than post, it seems. And there's the fact that "Leupold" is on the thread's title just might suggest that a lot of those views were a result of a web search for "Leupold" which further suggests many of these views were guys who are considering a scope purchase.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leupold has been hard up against it for a long time... Chinese counterfeits (sold cheap at gun shows) have trashed Leupold's reputation without the idiots (that are buying the counterfeits even knowing they weren't actually Leopolds).

Years ago there was a Swap Meet called Shomeys in Middleton Ohio... many things on display and many things "wink and nod" behind the table...

Anyway, one day... plain closed FBI came into the show... quietly proceeded to all the exits and secured the perimeter...

THEN they announced themselves...

All the vendors kicking stuff into bags under the tables etc.

They went to ONE VENDOR ONLY... a guy selling $20 Roloxs (i.e. counterfeit Rolexs)... took him away in cuff... took all his stuff.

Seems Rolex had had just about enough.

I gather from the scuttlebutt that Rolex had put out a bounty (AND OVERTIME PAY) on such vendors...

Kinda felt sorry for the guy... everybody knew his stuff was Rolox (even spelled that way).

China manufacturing can clone about anything... that is also a killer. And at $5 a day on labor (or whatever it is) damn hard for anyone to compete.

Having trouble finding anything on this and have several problems with the tale...

OK...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=P_ZTqC2Yxxs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgqgGz2nPw

No problem at all with the knock-off concept and have seen Rolex fakes all over Taiwan and Thailand first hand for over 20 years. I saw dozens of shops in Bangkok's China Town with Yeti knock-offs by the pallet in February. That was not the question.

The specifics of a raid involving "Rolox" watches is the problem. Fakes made with an obvious change, especially in the name, are only illegal if they impinge on a patent. And the "fake" aspect is mooted by the change.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah I kinda screwed that one up lol

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I think any manufacturer would be nuts to discount what's being said on sites like this one. There have been over 24,000 views of this thread.

Yeah but, it's the same 10 guys, over and over.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
You can actually condense 99% of the 20+ pages into this:

Leupold, please fix zero retention and tracking issues due to your inferior erector assembly. Wouldn't that pretty much cover it? I got the point after a page or two.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You can actually condense 99% of the 20+ pages into this:

Leupold, please fix zero retention and tracking issues due to your inferior erector assembly. Wouldn't that pretty much cover it? I got the point after a page or two.

That's it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have it on good authority (whatever that is) that the Chinese infiltrated the Leupold factory, which coincidentally is located very close to their west coast base of operations in the US. While they are stealing your technology, they are also introducing bad tech at a number of American companies like Leupold. You have no idea that it's even happening. You will be powerless to resist as they invade - not by force - but through immigration. A quiet, non-violent takeover.

Gentlemen, you're doomed.

P.S. I have an 1980s vintage Leupold 4x33 scope, bought used, that had a bum erector assy. How long has this quiet takeover been happening? It was sent into Korth Group in Alberta, Canada for warranty work. DON'T PHONE THEM! There are a series of strange clicks and electronic buzzing sounds which I believe are wire taps. They are listening in Beijing. We have trapped the Chinese here by herding them to Okotoks, AB.

Even their online store is a fake on Korth. You click, but cannot buy anything. Still, they count the number of clicks and gather intel. They know from where you visited. How long you stayed, and develop a portfolio of your interests. They know you have firearms. eek

https://www.korthgroup.com/product_service

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I heard they sneaked into the homes of all the employees and placed giant vegetable pods beside their beds. Next morning, the scopes were being made by large walking okra-people.

What fresh Hell is this?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“Unsolved Mysteries”

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I

Sitka,

Been fishing and hadn't the time to check this site. I see you self-proclaim to be the Alaskan expert with these naive Outside wannabes. Your posted pictures from the bragging board at Sportman's Warehouse don't count. Your BS is transparent to those of us up here. Tell me, are you in momma's basement in New Jersey talking chit to these guys all the time?

If you are a legitimate bear guide, what is your license number? I know most of them and never heard of you. Time to fess-up!

BTW, if you don't know what IceCut means, you are no Alaskan...you are simply full of CHIT!

Page 27 of 31 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,472
Posts18,471,452
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.