B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
They just updated a bunch of DNA tests as they "... have refined their techniques with over five times the comparison DNA samples" to use now. Original results were almost 3/4 Irish and a total of 11 genetic components. Had a number of tiny portions, like 2% Norse, and 8% WOP. New results have just 10% Mick, 40% French, and 50% Great Britain... for some reason I just lost a lot of faith in both results.

The new results obviously rely on family history and written genealogy. I already have that. I wanted the reality. The nice round numbers also bother me.

I came to the conclusion some time ago that an educated guess is still just a guess.

Must be something to it. They do a good job of matching you with close relatives.

GB1

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

WTF does this mean?

Nevermind, I stopped reading and don't GAS

"To those of you who missed the drama, allow me to start from the beginning. In their latest round of updates, 23andme stumbled upon the Behar et al. (2003) or the later Rootsi et al. (2013) co-authored by Behar and many other scientists that associated the Y haplogroups R1a1 or R-M198 with Near Eastern populations and possibly with the Khazars (given that this was one of the largest conversion events in the history of the region). Here is what Behar et al. (2003) wrote:"

Dave

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by RDW

WTF does this mean?

Nevermind, I stopped reading and don't GAS

"To those of you who missed the drama, allow me to start from the beginning. In their latest round of updates, 23andme stumbled upon the Behar et al. (2003) or the later Rootsi et al. (2013) co-authored by Behar and many other scientists that associated the Y haplogroups R1a1 or R-M198 with Near Eastern populations and possibly with the Khazars (given that this was one of the largest conversion events in the history of the region). Here is what Behar et al. (2003) wrote:"

The second linked article spells it out fairly plain.

https://theconversation.com/ashkena...y-scientists-thanks-to-ancient-dna-97962

For a more scientific take on the Jewish origin debate, recent DNA analysis of Ashkenazic Jews – a Jewish ethnic group – revealed that their maternal line is European. It has also been found that their DNA only has 3% ancient ancestry which links them with the Eastern Mediterranean (also known as the Middle East) – namely Israel, Lebanon, parts of Syria, and western Jordan. This is the part of the world Jewish people are said to have originally come from – according to the Old Testament. But 3% is a minuscule amount, and similar to what modern Europeans as a whole share with Neanderthals. So given that the genetic ancestry link is so low, Ashkenazic Jews’ most recent ancestors must be from elsewhere.

That wouldn't bother most people. But just being a garden variety Caucasian isn't good enough for some.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
They're 97% Goyim.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
My only comment about all of Bristoe's links is, "So what?"

After all, go back far enough, and Bristoe's ancestors were black Africans. As were all of ours.

About 70,000 years ago (or thereabouts) a group left Africa and later evolved into all other races. Many changes evolved. Among these are a shorter lower face (maw), less sloped backward forehead, more gracile bones (on average, as are all characteristics--there is much ovefrlap), and possibly some mental abilities. White skin was relatively recent, about 10,000 years ago, and was a good survival mechanism where there is less sunllght at high latitudes. Many Asian groups have features that help living in the cold.

The groups left in Africa also evolved.

It also seems that the invention of farming and towns has caused our bodies to get less robust, our stature to get shorter, and our brains to get about 10% smaller. At least those things happened more or less concurrently.

Many changes are still going on. But now there is merging due to interbreeding. About 25% of "African American" DNA is Caucasian. What impressed me about blacks in Africa was how black they were.

So whether Ashkenazi Jews came from Turkey or Antarctica is a "don't care," as is 23andme information.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JSTUART
They just updated a bunch of DNA tests as they "... have refined their techniques with over five times the comparison DNA samples" to use now. Original results were almost 3/4 Irish and a total of 11 genetic components. Had a number of tiny portions, like 2% Norse, and 8% WOP. New results have just 10% Mick, 40% French, and 50% Great Britain... for some reason I just lost a lot of faith in both results.

The new results obviously rely on family history and written genealogy. I already have that. I wanted the reality. The nice round numbers also bother me.

I came to the conclusion some time ago that an educated guess is still just a guess.

Must be something to it. They do a good job of matching you with close relatives.

Yeah because of genealogy records and they reverse engineer the results.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

After all, go back far enough, and Bristoe's ancestors were black Africans. As were all of ours.

About 70,000 years ago (or thereabouts) a group left Africa and later evolved into all other races. Many changes evolved. Among these are a shorter lower face (maw), less sloped backward forehead, more gracile bones (on average, as are all characteristics--there is much ovefrlap), and possibly some mental abilities. White skin was relatively recent, about 10,000 years ago, and was a good survival mechanism where there is less sunllght at high latitudes. Many Asian groups have features that help living in the cold.

It also seems that the invention of farming and towns has caused our bodies to get less robust, our stature to get shorter, and our brains to get about 10% smaller. At least those things happened more or less concurrently.

Many changes are still going on. But now there is merging due to interbreeding. About 25% of "African American" DNA is Caucasian. What impressed me about blacks in Africa was how black they were.

So whether Ashkenazi Jews came from Turkey or Antarctica is a "don't care," as is 23andme information.

Actually they are seriously questioning the whole cradle of Africa these days. A number of new finds all over are being looked at.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
This is only a fraction of the trouble they are causing. Families are being ripped apart because they are learning that have half siblings they never knew of or that old uncle Joe raped a girl back in '79.

Be careful what you put in the public domain.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I'm not sure what you mean by that. But I did the ancestry.com thing a few years ago and it accurately connected me with many relatives across America that I'm familiar with.

I've worked though the family tree a bit and found that ancestry.com correctly sorted out some family history that wasn't common knowledge even within many members of the family.

It's been very accurate in the way that it linked things together.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm not sure what you mean by that. But I did the ancestry.com thing a few years ago and it accurately connected me with many relatives across America that I'm familiar with.

I've worked though the family tree a bit and found that ancestry.com correctly sorted out some family history that wasn't common knowledge even within many members of the family.

Because adopted children get put in the same place with papered relatives.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

I bet a lot of the Ashkenazi Jews care.

Bottom line. There's nobody on earth today that is closely related to the Biblical Israelites. Yet that's the idea that a large group of people base their entire identity on.

The Yemeni Jews have 10% DNA that can be linked to the biblical Israelites. They're only 90% Goyim. The Ashkenazi have such a small trace amount (3%) that it's not worth mentioning.

The whole thing is a hoax.

The Biblical Israelites mixed themselves into non-existence long, long ago.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

No they don't.

A man's children don't get counted as his nieces and nephews, either,..as evidenced by some history in my extended family.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No they don't.

A man's children don't get counted as his nieces and nephews, either,..as evidenced by some history in my extended family.

Our family stuff has evidence of distant relations in wrong places.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Somebody need to PM Remsen and let him know he a gentile.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I bet a lot of the Ashkenazi Jews care.

Bottom line. There's nobody on earth today that is closely related to the Biblical Israelites. Yet that's the idea that a large group of people base their entire identity on.

The Yemeni Jews have 10% DNA that can be linked to the biblical Israelites. They're only 90% Goyim. The Ashkenazi have such a small trace amount (3%) that it's not worth mentioning.

The whole thing is a hoax.

The Biblical Israelites mixed themselves into non-existence long, long ago.

So the Jewish dominance in science, Nobels and such, is purely a function of nurture?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

No, go back far enough and our ancestors were the same as black Africans' ancestors but they were not what we call black Africans today.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

No they don't.

Our family stuff has evidence of distant relations in wrong places.

You're obviously not familiar with how the test data is composed.

Ancestry.com linked me to relatives that I knew existed, but I've never met them. It also accurately composed the way that I was related to them and went back to the common ancestor we shared.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Actually they are seriously questioning the whole cradle of Africa these days. A number of new finds all over are being looked at.

Anybody who believes''they'' know who/what/when/where happened 70,000 years ago sure has far more confidence in the research than I do . It's all nothing but theory and there isn't much modern text that doesn't have an agenda .
Not directing this at you Sitka deer - just giving an opinion on the topic .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Yemeni Jews have 10% DNA that can be linked to the biblical Israelites.

Where's the DNA data base of biblical Israelites?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The Yemeni Jews have 10% DNA that can be linked to the biblical Israelites.

Where's the DNA data base of biblical Israelites?

If you had read the articles I posted you would know.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 160user, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 55 invisible), 2,472 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,429
Posts18,470,760
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.