-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry you were abandoned, Karl. I'm sure that explains a lot of your current views.

What I find ironic, however, is that you support the party that promotes the kind of behavior that got you tossed aside like so much week-old fish.

Politics is War by Other Means
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Have all these conversations and convinced to vote D the rest of their lives. Gonna have to say that intelligence shows a lack of...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam Houston,,,,,,,

Birdy said,,,,,,

" Most of the men who were actually AT San Jacinto actively despised Houston the rest of their lives, calling him a liar who had assumed credit for the battle that they had actually won."

Very true Birdy!!! Especially three of the higher ranking officers from here in Bastrop. Edward Burleson, Robert Coleman, and Jesse Billingsley.

Ed Burleson in particular was the real deal, a man among men in his time and place cool I take stock in his opinion of folks.

One thing that impresses me about Burleson was the fact that he was smart enough to cultivate a friendship with the cannibal War Chief Placido of the Tonkawas, recognizing what a formidable band of warrior the Tonks actually were, even though always few in number. It was Ed Burleson who enlisted Placido and around thirty of his warriors to run the twenty five miles or so overnight to take part in the famous 1840 Battle of Plum Creek, where as it turns out they did most of the killing and all of the stock recovery. Burleson knew his man.

The Tonks are generally all but written out of the script in popular Texas history, which is a pity, in their day were highly regarded and/or feared by those who knew them. Quanah Parker for one in 1874 wanted to go against their inveterate enemies the Tonks on their reserve in Oklahoma rather than the buffalo hunters at Adobe Walls, and by that time there were only a relative handful of Tonks left. Even so, because they were consistently guiding Ranald MacKenzie's cavalry down on them Parker considered the Tonkawas a greater threat.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Sam Houston,,,,,,,

Birdy said,,,,,,

" Most of the men who were actually AT San Jacinto actively despised Houston the rest of their lives, calling him a liar who had assumed credit for the battle that they had actually won."

Very true Birdy!!! Especially three of the higher ranking officers from here in Bastrop. Edward Burleson, Robert Coleman, and Jesse Billingsley.

Ed Burleson in particular was the real deal, a man among men in his time and place cool I take stock in his opinion of folks.

One thing that impresses me about Burleson was the fact that he was smart enough to cultivate a friendship with the cannibal War Chief Placido of the Tonkawas, recognizing what a formidable band of warrior the Tonks actually were, even though always few in number. It was Ed Burleson who enlisted Placido and around thirty of his warriors to run the twenty five miles or so overnight to take part in the famous 1840 Battle of Plum Creek, where as it turns out they did most of the killing and all of the stock recovery. Burleson knew his man.

The Tonks are generally all but written out of the script in popular Texas history, which is a pity, in their day were highly regarded and/or feared by those who knew them. Quanah Parker for one in 1874 wanted to go against their inveterate enemies the Tonks on their reserve in Oklahoma rather than the buffalo hunters at Adobe Walls, and by that time there were only a relative handful of Tonks left. Even so, because they were consistently guiding Ranald MacKenzie's cavalry down on them Parker considered the Tonkawas a greater threat.

Thanks to Mike & Bob on the info on Houston’s / Burleson’s ongoing feud and hatred for each other. Puts it into a better perspective for me. Learn something good everyday here on the Camp🔥 from our many knowledgeable members.
I had read somewhere before that Quanah Parker and the Comanche’s hated the Tonks. Seems like I also read somewhere that the Comanches eliminated what was left of them quickly when they all reached the Reservations in OK Territory. Maybe one of you two have read something else about this?

Last edited by chlinstructor; 06/06/19.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Birdy and I made a trip a while back to the old Manor hill ( aka JJ Manor) cemetery in the environs of the highlands above Webber’s prairie. This was the actual locale of many of the early settlers homesteads and not Webberville down on the river.

We reflected on "Puss" Webber, Edwin Webber’s mulatto wife, loaning the local Tonkawas her washpot to use as a cookpot for a Comanche prisoner they had captured, tortured, and killed. (Then boiled for lunch).

Also we visited the Coleman massacre site where Col. Robert Coleman’s wife and eldest son were killed by the Comanches. The small creek there that crosses the highway is still known as Coleman’s branch on the maps.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Birdy and I made a trip a while back to the old Manor hill ( aka JJ Manor) cemetery in the environs of the highlands above Webber’s prairie. This was the actual locale of many of the early settlers homesteads and not Webberville down on the river.

We reflected on "Puss" Webber, Edwin Webber’s mulatto wife, loaning the local Tonkawas her washpot to use as a cookpot for a Comanche prisoner they had captured, tortured, and killed. (Then boiled for lunch).

Also we visited the Coleman massacre site where Col. Robert Coleman’s wife and eldest son were killed by the Comanches. The small creek there that crosses the highway is still known as Coleman’s branch on the maps.

Dang I’m jealous. Visiting historic sites with you two old farts would have been a blast! 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The impression i get re: the Tonkawas is that they practiced a particularly dark form of spirituality hated and feared by other tribes. From the accounts we have theComanches’ reaction to them leans towards a sort of hysterical hatred, perhaps folks killing and eating your relatives can incite that sort of sentiment.

We tend to think that the Comanches had it all their own way on the Texas Plains, not so. From Gregg we get accounts of Pawnee war parties traveling on foot deep inside Comancheria with the intention of returning home on Comanche horses. Apparently the Tonkawas practiced the same MO.

The Tonkawas were always far outnumbered by the Comanches, yet their villages persisted within range of Comanche war parties for at least the 34 years between Plum Creek and the Red River War while remaining implacably hostile.

The famous Placido himself had two Comanche wives, both likely captured, so he was screwing some Comanches while eating others, and IIRC he survived to a reasonably old age.

Famous Ranger Captain RIP Ford enlisted the assistance 100 of the Brazos Reserve Tonkawas in his 1860 expedition against Buffalo Hump’s Comanches encamped in the Wichitas. Ford in his memoirs calls the Tonkawas superior men with a encyclopedic knowledge of the West. Point of interest it was a Tonkawa that shot the legendary Comanche Iron Jacket in his Spanish mail with a skillful shot with a .53cal Mississippi rifle.

100 men of combat age implies a total population of a 1,000or less in 1860. Fourteen years later MacKenzie employs 30 as scouts which we are given to understand was most of what was left. Though so few in number, they were still killing and eating Comanches.

The Indian Territory (Oklahoma) was an exceedingly rough place, and more’n a few Indians there besides Comanches had it in for the Tonkawas. It is my understanding that the few survivors intermarried among the Caddos.

Nevertheless the modern day Tonkawas apparentl still persist as a separate tribal entity up in Oklahoma.

http://www.tonkawatribe.com/

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike, the Tonkawa’s must of been some bad SOB’s.
Any good books you can recommend on them?
I’m not too far from where the Brazos Reservations were located, as the crow flies.

Our Boy Scout Camp that we went to in the summertime was called CampTonkawa. It’s located close to a major creek which was a great source for finding arrowheads and also runs parallel kinda to the Texas Fort Trails

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
" Point of interest it was a Tonkawa that shot the legendary Comanche Iron Jacket in his Spanish mail with a skillful shot with a .53cal Mississippi rifle."

Kit Carson when asked what rifle the aspiring pioneer should obtain for a westward trek, his answer was the "Mississippi Rifle". (US Rifle, Model1841).

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
" Point of interest it was a Tonkawa that shot the legendary Comanche Iron Jacket in his Spanish mail with a skillful shot with a .53cal Mississippi rifle."

Kit Carson when asked what rifle the aspiring pioneer should obtain for a westward trek, his answer was the "Mississippi Rifle". (US Rifle, Model1841).

Was that a smooth bore Bob ?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
No it was a rifle.

It was also refered to as the American Jäger rifle.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 06/06/19.

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No it was a rifle.

Saw a replica once but I couldn’t remember

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yeah many of the replica Mississippi’s from Italy are the Civil War variant rebored to .58 calibre. However Euroarms did make some .54’s

Founder

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I read about an Osage war party traveling on foot to what is now Southwest OK in the Wichita Mointains ansnkilling every man woman and child in a Comanche village and putting their heads in several piles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah many of the replica Mississippi’s from Italy are the Civil War variant rebored to .58 calibre. However Euroarms did make some .54’s

Yep. The Italian .58 cal version was the one I saw.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Q
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Quick_Karl
I can't stop you from doing what you are going to do. But I shall not respond any longer to your hate, lies and contempt... That's a game you are going to have to play by yourself from now on. At least on my part.

Barry

You started issuing threats to have the Texas Rangers come and visit me after accusing me of being a member of some Republic of Texas nonsense that I know nothing about, then when I challenged your absurd accusations, and gave you a taste of your own medicine in return, you issued further threats to come and visit me, as if you were going to intimidate me into not saying whatever the fugg I want. You and no one you know, scares me, or ever will. And since you want to broadcast what one of your surrogates communicated to me in a PM, you can ask him about other of my experiences and see if he thinks you or anyone else is going to intimidate me, about anything. I've dealt with much, much tougher people than you, and I would never accept any offer of friendship from anyone that would do what you've done trying to doxx me into submission.

If you or anyone else here doesn't like what I post, you can put me on ignore, or come back with your own arguments - none of which you have been able to get me to take personally, until you resorted to doxxing me and my personal health information and information about my aunt and uncle.

That is entirely on your shoulders, bro.

More lies, Karl. More lies. There was a guy here that claimed to be a Republic of Texas member, not long ago, and to be frank, you sound like him. I didn't threaten you. I mentioned that the Texas Rangers investigate ROT members and their activities. I didn't threaten you at all. Just stated a fact.

I also never threatened to come visit you. I merely suggested you attend a gathering where you could be educated. Never once did I threaten to come to you. More lies. You did however threaten to take the 1911 in my avatar away and beat my teeth out with it... Want me to quote that?

Karl, t'wernt "me" that doxed you. You were doxed TO me. I know you can't compute that. But it's the truth, and I can prove it. If anyone doxed you, it was you. You put enough info out there, that someone that's better at that sort of thing than you or me could find everything about you in about 10 minutes. So, that is a lie as well.

Nobody is trying to block your hate speech here. Hate speech is free speech. But don't be so surprised when all the hate you spew offends people and riles them up. That's a by-product of YOUR own words.

Godspeed with whatever you want to say or do.

Someone from another forum gave you the information (not to mention that it was 5-years old and inaccurate), but it was YOU that endeavored to USE that information and distribute it to your surrogate(s) in some childish effort to intimidate me into "shutting up" because you lost a war of words in an internet forum pissing match.

Only a proud Conservative Texan could do something like that, which is something I've been witness to since moving to Texas, 5-years ago - something that has turned out to be the absolute worst blunder of my entire life, which brings me to a larger point.

Throughout my entire life, whenever I had to face hardship, whether I was 8-years old, or now, or have been witness to the hardship of others, it has always been people like you that endeavor to use a person's circumstance and/or misfortune to try and inflict more pain on them. I cannot recall one liberal ever doing anything like it - not even once. Rather, they have been the first to offer whatever compassion they could, and encourage those facing a difficulty, to ignore people like you and keep moving forward - which is why nothing you've done has worked for you.

You'd be better off taking your Godspeed and directing it toward yourself, because you need it more than I do. Now stop trying to make yourself look good on my shoulders.

Like Sam Houston, I will vote for what is best for ME in 2020.
Texans read their Bibles to find what they want it to say, and are blind to what it actually says...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So you come out of the woods swinging..

Insulting, condescending, nasty, posts and threads.

You offend everyone here.

Yet, I'm to blame not only for your lack of integrity, self respect, and self control, but now for your cancer and being stuck in Texas?

You blame "people like me" for everything.

My surrogates... LOL. You leave out the part about "my surrogates" contacting you and informing you that there are people here willing to help you. And one of those offering that help was ME. That help was offered despite your efforts of insulting and threats by you, once we learned of your situation.

When are you going to start being honest?

Go read some of your threads... Then go look in the mirror.

Yeah, I took offense to your insulting posts. Many did. Many more than you know. Free speech is a double edged sword, Karl.

You think you can come here and insult and threaten people down to their very roots, and have nobody kick back at you. But when someone does bitch slap you you, THEY are the one's that are in the wrong.

Got it.

Fine. Blame me for your being miserable. Blame me for your cancer. Blame me for whatever you want. It's what people like you do.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I can't stop you from doing what you are going to do. But I shall not respond any longer to your hate, lies and contempt... That's a game you are going to have to play by yourself from now on. At least on my part.

Barry

You started issuing threats to have the Texas Rangers come and visit me after accusing me of being a member of some Republic of Texas nonsense that I know nothing about, then when I challenged your absurd accusations, and gave you a taste of your own medicine in return, you issued further threats to come and visit me, as if you were going to intimidate me into not saying whatever the fugg I want. You and no one you know, scares me, or ever will. And since you want to broadcast what one of your surrogates communicated to me in a PM, you can ask him about other of my experiences and see if he thinks you or anyone else is going to intimidate me, about anything. I've dealt with much, much tougher people than you, and I would never accept any offer of friendship from anyone that would do what you've done trying to doxx me into submission.

If you or anyone else here doesn't like what I post, you can put me on ignore, or come back with your own arguments - none of which you have been able to get me to take personally, until you resorted to doxxing me and my personal health information and information about my aunt and uncle.

That is entirely on your shoulders, bro.

More lies, Karl. More lies. There was a guy here that claimed to be a Republic of Texas member, not long ago, and to be frank, you sound like him. I didn't threaten you. I mentioned that the Texas Rangers investigate ROT members and their activities. I didn't threaten you at all. Just stated a fact.

I also never threatened to come visit you. I merely suggested you attend a gathering where you could be educated. Never once did I threaten to come to you. More lies. You did however threaten to take the 1911 in my avatar away and beat my teeth out with it... Want me to quote that?

Karl, t'wernt "me" that doxed you. You were doxed TO me. I know you can't compute that. But it's the truth, and I can prove it. If anyone doxed you, it was you. You put enough info out there, that someone that's better at that sort of thing than you or me could find everything about you in about 10 minutes. So, that is a lie as well.

Nobody is trying to block your hate speech here. Hate speech is free speech. But don't be so surprised when all the hate you spew offends people and riles them up. That's a by-product of YOUR own words.

Godspeed with whatever you want to say or do.

Someone from another forum gave you the information (not to mention that it was 5-years old and inaccurate), but it was YOU that endeavored to USE that information and distribute it to your surrogate(s) in some childish effort to intimidate me into "shutting up" because you lost a war of words in an internet forum pissing match.

Only a proud Conservative Texan could do something like that, which is something I've been witness to since moving to Texas, 5-years ago - something that has turned out to be the absolute worst blunder of my entire life, which brings me to a larger point.

Throughout my entire life, whenever I had to face hardship, whether I was 8-years old, or now, or have been witness to the hardship of others, it has always been people like you that endeavor to use a person's circumstance and/or misfortune to try and inflict more pain on them. I cannot recall one liberal ever doing anything like it - not even once. Rather, they have been the first to offer whatever compassion they could, and encourage those facing a difficulty, to ignore people like you and keep moving forward - which is why

nothing you've done has worked for you.

Move out then. My guess is you moved in from Cali. Go back to San Fran....
You'd be better off taking your Godspeed and directing it toward yourself, because you need it more than I do. Now stop trying to make yourself look good on my shoulders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had to look up the word "jamonero" after Queef Karl used it. It explains everything about him:

Urban Dictionary: jamonero
[Search domain www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jamonero] https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jamonero
A perverted person that ogles over young, fresh meat, i.e. Young girls if he is straight or young to pubescent boys if he is gay. A jamonero is very open about being such and approaches his or her victims in a lecherous manner imposing sexual favors to be paid by cash, material items, etc.

I also noticed Mr. Queef states he moved to Texas about five years ago. Clearly a perfect example as to why Texas is in danger of becoming full blown democrat... You Texicans need to find this guy, a rall, some tar and feathers and give him a sendoff....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I read about an Osage war party traveling on foot to what is now Southwest OK in the Wichita Mointains ansnkilling every man woman and child in a Comanche village and putting their heads in several piles.

My favorite Osage story comes from the journal of Jean-Baptiste Benard de la Harpe. Who was sent to explore a big chunk of present day eastern and central Oklahoma in the early portion of the 18th century.

They came upon an Osage hunting party somewhere along the Canadian river. Thru interpretors they inquired of the Indians if the Canadian ever had more water in it that what was present. The Osage told him that what they presently saw was typical. That they had never seen much more water in it. Bet they’d like to see it now!!!!!

Founder

WS

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (3333vl, 44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,507 guests, and 866 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.