Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ribka
That’s a nice giraffe

But am guessing if it was not for social media she would probably not be hunting.
Seems like quite a few hunters and fisherman, especially the younger generation, get off more on adulation and likes on social media than the actual process of hunting and fishing.

See a lot of crappy shooting , poor woodsmanship and wounded animals on YouTube hunting videos and hunting shows and the posters still seem to be super proud of their skills.

But maybe I’m wrong

I think hunting shows...you tube.....are the worst thing to happen to our sport...…..bob

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BobMt

I think hunting shows...you tube.....are the worst thing to happen to our sport...…..bob

While there ought to be some common sense with anything a person does...

I have to disagree. It's liberals not minding their own fuggin' business that is the worst thing to happen to our sport. (That is if you consider hunting a "sport".)

People have had so much freedom taken away from them that many don't even know what freedom and liberty is anymore.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I am fine with her kill and with it being a female doing it. By the way....I love this new Big Stick, just like the old days....please no one screw that up...I would like to see more great pics from him.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 700LH
Well just damn, that stupid [bleep] killed a crtitter and took a picture with it, just like hunters have been doing since the camera was invented..

What we are witnessing is a new breed of men.

But, but, but......What will the anti hunting crowd think of us??? The ones that already hate our guts. And don't forget the millions and millions of fence sitters who can't figure out if they approve of hunting or not.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I thought her interview with CBS wasn't all that bad except for being outnumbered and the stupid questions they asked. Hunting is probably the best and most prolific form of conservation. Booking hunts in Africa pays a lot of salaries of wildlife officials there. Where does CBS think the money comes from for wildlife conservation. The article she wrote on her facebook page is really pretty good. It explains why she chose the Giraffe and some about the hunt. I would be more interested in what rifle and caliber, so on.

Jack O'Connor wrote a good piece on African conservation and where the money goes and also what happens when the idiots ban hunting and the wildlife suffers. It really doesn't matter what we as hunters do because they will attack us no matter what. I don't believe in being in the closet so to speak. soo Good on you girl!!

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Its getting kinda full, under the bus. Lotta pots calling the kettle black. A little different, but not much.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by BobMt

While there ought to be some common sense with anything a person does...

I have to disagree. It's liberals not minding their own fuggin' business that is the worst thing to happen to our sport. (That is if you consider hunting a "sport".)

People have had so much freedom taken away from them that many don't even know what freedom and liberty is anymore.

I agree with that....but people acting like idiots , doesn't do our side any good....it portrays us as a bunch of dumbasses...…"sport hunting"....depends on what you are hunting and or your end use...….bob

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I have no problem with hunting legal game, whatever it may be. Good for her on shooting a fine bull - even better eating it.

I'm not a fan of the grandstanding that she knew would hit the media. She's already done it before, but her 15 minutes of fame wore off. Hugging your kill and smiling? That's weird. And of course, CBS news in puts quotes around the word "proud". What hunter isn't proud of the planning, effort, and skill it takes to finally realize the fruits of their labors? Isn't that why we do it? I refused to be judged by some producer in NY sitting in a cubicle overlooking a concrete jungle - but playing into their hands is just stupid.

Personally, I don't think I'd shoot a giraffe. The house addition I'd need for a shoulder mount would be cost prohibitive. wink

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I didn't see anything objectionable in the interview. But she missed every softball they lobbed to her, lots of opportunities to make solid points about hunting/conservation seemingly went right over her head.

Not my spokesman, and not a good representative. She made it all about her, came off as a dumb blonde IMO. Nothing wrong with a dumb blonde going hunting but at least prepare for the interview and have your answers ready to go, if you're going to pretend to be some sort of spokesman.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Put your hero shots on social media and show your friends.

When people get pissed, defend yourself on those venues.

But don't go on CBS and speak for everyone. You're not equipped to play at that level and you're taking bait you shouldn't be taking. Of course I've said the same about Wayne Lapierre for about 20 years and that stupid fugk is still giving interviews so what the hell.

By the way, I was listening to a podcast with one of the producers of MeatEater and he wants all hunters to stop taking "hero shots" because of incidents like this. LMAO. So now we got dick heads like him essentially apologizing for the lifelong traditions of hero shots.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some years back, when I still had sat tv, one of the African hunting shows featured some fat bastard sponsor and his young son on a hunt. They spotted a nice critter from the truck and the boy hopped off and popped it, across the hood IIRC. I emailed the main sponsor and said I thought that looked bad for all of us. We traded cranky emails for a bit before he finally said that his company supported all legal hunting methods and he was through arguing about it. Okay, but it's not always prudent to showcase methods or incidents that might be perceived as unfair or cruel, even to kiss a sponsor's ass.

I watch a fair amount of hunting film, but click off when the slobbering, hugging, ass-grabbing, and Jesus-invoking starts. There's not much to be learned from the Yurrupeans on most subjects, but their respect for the game we hunt is an exception. I started to read some of Larry Potterfield's blog posts once, until he put his fuggin' hat on a bear, or something of the sort. That was it for me.

What fresh Hell is this?
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Pretty amusing when they start shouting “praise Jesus “ “praise Jesus “. after a shot and start weeping. Especially after shooting them in the gut or back legs

Originally Posted by Pappy348
Some years back, when I still had sat tv, one of the African hunting shows featured some fat bastard sponsor and his young son on a hunt. They spotted a nice critter from the truck and the boy hopped off and popped it, across the hood IIRC. I emailed the main sponsor and said I thought that looked bad for all of us. We traded cranky emails for a bit before he finally said that his company supported all legal hunting methods and he was through arguing about it. Okay, but it's not always prudent to showcase methods or incidents that might be perceived as unfair or cruel, even to kiss a sponsor's ass.

I watch a fair amount of hunting film, but click off when the slobbering, hugging, ass-grabbing, and Jesus-invoking starts. There's not much to be learned from the Yurrupeans on most subjects, but their respect for the game we hunt is an exception. I started to read some of Larry Potterfield's blog posts once, until he put his fuggin' hat on a bear, or something of the sort. That was it for me.

Last edited by ribka; 06/08/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus, she is annoying.

Painted up Nashville/Houston type split tails and their fake tan and bedazzled jean wearing boyfriends looking for fame.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There is real world fallout to media displays such as Miss Talleys. Our hunter numbers are falling. The evidence is in license sales. As our numbers drop, so does our ability maintain or even grow our beloved recreational pastime. A few examples:

We got a mourning dove hunting bill on the ballot some years ago in Michigan. 70 million birds with an 80% annual mortality rate. You'd think hunting them would be a no-brainer. More recreation for hunters and their families, lots more dollars in the local economies with very little impact to the resource. Well the Humane Society started dumping their ad dollars on a vote NO campaign saying don't shoot the "songbird of peace". And we got screwed. Even conservatives came out saying they don't need to be hunted. WTF?

A few years ago, a Federal judge put the clamps on hunting wolves in the U.P. purely because of emotional reasons. The MI DNR presented the case for hunting them based on sound science. No matter. Done deal. Meanwhile our deer herd gets decimated up there.

We have a huntable population of Sandhill Cranes now in Michigan, but no one want to even try to get those on the game list. It's just too heavy a lift that would probably get shot down anyway. Same with the moose on Isle Royale. The Feds would never allow it based on public opinion in the park.

All of this in the face of strong success stories including the reintroduction and hunting of both elk and turkeys here. Both have provided huge amounts of hunting time with friends and family, millions of dollars into the economy, and sound management of the resource.

The anti's propaganda, of which Miss Talley is an unwitting pawn (or maybe she just doesn't care), is killing our chances to show the non-hunting public that hunting is a good thing and should be treated as such. We need their support to get new game bills passed - simple as that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Any interview on any MSM outlet is nothing more than an ambush to push the Lestist agenda of no hunting, animal rights, and antigun BS.

Be smart enough not to walk into the ambush.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Chick and a Giraffe didn't turn Michigan into a schit hole...as it was one looonnggggggg before that.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You're much better when you're on your meds.

No hint; FACT.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SquawkTwat,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST,as you set mired and Whining in your perpetual Dumbfhuqjktitude. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking HILARIOUS,that a gal's Hunt upsets you so.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Mixed feelings on dealing with the MSM. Yes, some people are more eloquent that others. Yes, events like this can be used by the MSM to paint hunters as "bad guys" to the ignorant "sheeple" in the middle.

However, as best I am aware, being deferential to the Liberal Anti-Hunters has never GAINED hunters anything. The Anti's will never willing cede anything to hunters. Being deferential just kicks the can down the road. So, why not force the show down sooner versus later ???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guys post pictures of their daughters with a dead rabbit, rodent, deer or even a fish hooked on a line and bleeding from the gills and people cheer.
Girl kills a giraffe is proud of it and she is a moron ruining hunting
I think many are like the PETA type snowflakes in CA that pretend to be OK with deer hunting but fired the Fish and Game guy for legally killing a cougar here in Idaho
What a buncha two faced pussies,,, GFY

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

342 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 260Remguy, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,686
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.