"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think that fellow is pointing at the area of the brain that controls sense of humor.

Unfortunately, the actual location may be physically lower, so input or stimulus for that area may go right over...

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Only if it is an AI

Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ben.... That's just TOO much gun. I'd look at a .17 HMR

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
One PH/Writer I forgot which from Zimbabwe shot a buffalo with his 22 Hornet when he was a youngster. He got a good hiding for it but he dropped the bull with one head shot. He recommends the solids.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Shouldn't this be in the Africa forum?

The experts who have never been there all hang out over here!

laugh laugh laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
My .177 springer shoots 1000 fps, that ought to get the job done.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Vic_in_VA,

Unfortunately, I fear that you're dead wrong & he's just a HATER & a FOOL of the first rank. = We have a FEW such brainless/hopeless/arrogant morons on the forum, who believe that THEIR OPINIONS are 100% TRUE & don't like being disagreed with on any subject.
(Sadly, I've also had responses from OUTRIGHT RACISTS, who don't like the fact that I'm NOT a "white" person, am a "part-blood" & also am a forum member. = Over the years, I've had several PMs sent to my "mailbox" that tell me that this forum is, "FOR WHITE PEOPLE ONLY" & to "get off the forum". - In 2019, MOST Americans are NOT "pure-blooded anything". - Instead they are MUTTS, like me.)

ImVho, we have far too many young folks (and some "not so young") who have NEVER hunted anything more dangerous than a cottontail rabbit & I hate to see people post outright BILGE, which may get a "kid" (or somebody/anybody else) hurt or even killed.

IF you want to be "humorous", I suggest that those "jokers" POSITIVELY identify their "funny posts" as
"JOKES" and/or "NOT SERIOUS"", so that them & their posts are not taken seriously by "beginners".
(ALL of us, regardless of age/experience WERE beginners once. = In my case, "when dinosaurs roamed Planet Earth".)

Sadly in 2019, all too many people BELIEVE EVERYTHING that they read on "The Worldwide-WEIRD".

just my OPINION, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
17 HMR....the obvious choice.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Owl

I suggest using the 20 gr. In the .17 HMR.

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
62 Barnes between the eyes

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Badgerloader
Originally Posted by Owl

I suggest using the 20 gr. In the .17 HMR.

Negative Ghostrider, they don't do the buzzsaw trick. Da buff will stomp you into paste.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a guide in Alaska that shot a grizzly with a .17 on a bet. I think the story is in "Cartridges of the World"?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by satx78247
Vic_in_VA,

Unfortunately, I fear that you're dead wrong & he's just a HATER & a FOOL of the first rank. = We have a FEW such brainless/hopeless/arrogant morons on the forum, who believe that THEIR OPINIONS are 100% TRUE & don't like being disagreed with on any subject.
(Sadly, I've also had responses from OUTRIGHT RACISTS, who don't like the fact that I'm NOT a "white" person, am a "part-blood" & also am a forum member. = Over the years, I've had several PMs sent to my "mailbox" that tell me that this forum is, "FOR WHITE PEOPLE ONLY" & to "get off the forum". - In 2019, MOST Americans are NOT "pure-blooded anything". - Instead they are MUTTS, like me.)

ImVho, we have far too many young folks (and some "not so young") who have NEVER hunted anything more dangerous than a cottontail rabbit & I hate to see people post outright BILGE, which may get a "kid" (or somebody/anybody else) hurt or even killed.

IF you want to be "humorous", I suggest that those "jokers" POSITIVELY identify their "funny posts" as
"JOKES" and/or "NOT SERIOUS"", so that them & their posts are not taken seriously by "beginners".
(ALL of us, regardless of age/experience WERE beginners once. = In my case, "when dinosaurs roamed Planet Earth".)

Sadly in 2019, all too many people BELIEVE EVERYTHING that they read on "The Worldwide-WEIRD".

just my OPINION, tex

OK, Tex, you apparently missed it. The humor escaped you...

First, you compared me directly to some individual directly for the use of one word. I and the individual I *think* you compared me to are definitely two different people with totally different personalities. You said to me, key words are, "another one". That is somewhat inclusive, so....

I don't know why you are preaching to me about you not being white....so what...I've not said a word to you about race, so don't bish at me about it. I could give a rat's ass what color, mix, pedigree, or whatever you are, it just don't matter to me. There's buttholes in every bunch.

I am one "not so young", but I do have extensive experience with operations of a military nature far, far beyond visiting the DFAC.

As far as humor, if you cannot recognize it, I respectfully suggest developing that skill. Your suggestion is noted, and there are things said, displayed, and threads started over topics I don't care for. I simply ignore them, and if I didn"t want to read topics I consider crap, I'd start my own forum...or not open that thread...Something other than asserting my will on others on a forum I don't own. I really hate dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator and frankly find suggestions to do so quite condescending.

I hate typing slow...

Now I have to sell my .223 bolt rifle, and I fear I'll lose my deposit on a hunt I booked next year.

Anybody want to buy a buff hunt?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Placement, placement, placement !!!

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any decent .224" bullet should work if using a 223 for Cape Buffalo. But don't try it with a mere bolt gun......It has to be fired from an AR-15 pattern rifle, AKA an "assault rifle" . Because "everybody knows" that those are "killing machines" and fire bullets at such high velocity that they are incredibly lethal on any living thing they hit. As previously mentioned those ultra high velocity projectiles also tumble on impact and create HUGE wound channels so theoretically a Cape Buffalo wouldn't stand a chance. But don't take my word for it. Ask any big newspaper editor about those deadly bullets.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So I don't have to sell my bolt rifle, but rather get an "AR Platform weapon System Assault rifle", that's a relief.

A bullet I've considered is the TSX, I assume that is "Tumbler Super Xtreme".

Kids, don't try this at home...ain't no buff there, anyway.....

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mudhen: Now that is provocative for provocatives sake!
But it is also funny.
He-he
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by satx78247
mudhen,

Even IF you could reliably kill a Cape Buffalo with a 5.56NATO/,223REM (which I seriously doubt), NO African nation would allow you to try such a "carnival stunt". = Other than the 9.3x62mm (which most African nations allow "by exception"), the minimum bore-size for Dangerous Game is .375.

Fwiw, when one of my "hunting buddies" (She is the President of our TX XB hunting club, btw & has taken a house-full of trophies of all sorts with her XB.) decided to take a Cape Buffalo with a 200# pull XB, the Game Department of that nation REQUIRED her to be "backed up" by a PAIR of Game Wardens, who were armed with .470 caliber double rifles.
(The 2 Wardens were STUNNED when the Cape Buff was hit, bellowed once, took 2 steps & went down, as if pole-axed between the eyes. - The Buff did NOT require a "follow-up" shot & when "dressed out" it was found to have had his aorta completely severed just above the heart.)

yours, tex

[Linked Image]

Not to mention that he’s full of SCHITT as usual.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
chlinstructor,

PITY that you seem to be incapable of common decency, minimal politeness to other members and/or even good judgement. - What you certainly are very adept at is being HATEFUL, VULGAR-talking, MEAN-spirited & terminally IGNORANT..

You share those "qualities" with most outright BIGOTS.

yours, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

F'by 24, 1836
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,082
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.