Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bart185
Originally Posted by MColeman
We need to get together and have us a good cry, don't we?

I'm done crying anything but tears of joy....

Sad to say but I know the feeling.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Homeade biscuits, homeade sausage gravy and hash browns or fried taters....Add a couple of eggs, over easy with homeade salsa on top, and about a half a pig of bacon and you got some good stuff.....Or the cholesterol sandwich....two pieces homeade bread, toasted, with mayo, sausage patty, two eggs broken with cheddar cheese grated on top when frying them...add a slice of fresh tomato.....salt and pepper to taste.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bart185
My favorite Homer Simpson quote is...
"I like my beer cold,my TV loud,and my homosexuals,FLAAAAMING!!!"

My favorite is when Mr. Burns tells Homer to leave and he says "Oh Boy! Half a day off!!!"

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[/quote]I remember an editorial in the Montgomery Advertiser when I was a teen. In it a 90-something year old was being interviewed and was asked the secret to a long life. "Don't smoke, don't drink and don't chase wimmen", he replied. The editor remarked that was all well and good but consider this: what is it to life to have never known the luxury of an after dinner cigarette, the twilight glow of drunkeness or the bitter sweet memories of an old love affair then get run over by some idiot on the highway just shy of your 40th birthday? There's more to life than getting old......but now that I'm old it ain't so bad. wink [/quote]

It's probably been 15or 20 years ago, but our local newspaper also interveiwed a woman from Ft. Laramie WY on her 100th birthday. When they asked her how she managed to live to 100, she said "It's because I haven't died yet". Still sharp after all those years. LOL

Last edited by JaquesLaRami; 04/22/07.

Too many people buy stuff they don't want, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Half a century ago, I worked awhile in a shoestring potato factory. The cut "strings" were first run through a water bath that removed quite a lot of starch. A weekly task was to get into the vats and shovel out the white starch mud. I believe that wash contributed to the crisp nature if the fried product.
I still prefer a crisp texture for hash browns, but rarely find it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sgt217
Homeade biscuits, homeade sausage gravy and hash browns or fried taters....Add a couple of eggs, over easy with homeade salsa on top, and about a half a pig of bacon and you got some good stuff.....Or the cholesterol sandwich....two pieces homeade bread, toasted, with mayo, sausage patty, two eggs broken with cheddar cheese grated on top when frying them...add a slice of fresh tomato.....salt and pepper to taste.....

Have you ever tried a bacon sandwich? Take two pieces of buttered toast, spread jelly on them and then put in some crisp bacon. Delicious!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh yeah, that is good stuff Mickey, I use boysenberry jam in stead of jelly. Les

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Violator22
Oh yeah, that is good stuff Mickey, I use boysenberry jam in stead of jelly. Les

Les, Dorothy and I took our honeymoon on a BMW 900. Went to the Grand Canyon and up through Utah to Yellowstone. We were eating breakfast in Utah and I tried some boysenberry syrup on some pancakes. frown That stuff would give a hyena the dry heaves but, then, my grandfather loved orange marmalade so I guess there are many different tastes....... wink . Not everybody likes grits if you can believe such a thing.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
country ham,grits,redeye gravy,eggs and rolaids..

my dream job.....life guard of the gene pool!!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oldie:

Kentucky Breakfast:

� half-pound beef steak
� fifth of Jack Daniel's black label
� four-year-old male black-and-tan hound*

*(to eat the steak)

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Makes you wonder about some of the stuff doctors tell you don't it. One thing about them, Daddy always says (and he's 85 and still goin' strong), they burry their mistakes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By gosh that sounds pretty good. I believe I'll try that. I got to get some tomatoes set out. All these late freezes have played he// with gardening in the four state area where I live.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I do the bacon, egg, cheese tomato with mayo and hot sauce in a tortilla thing here and there too...And WPD385 showed me a pretty wicked scrambled egg cheese sausage tortilla wrap a while back....

That is some good eatin' too....Man, I 'm hungry now....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
3 fried eggs
4 slices thick bacon
pan fried walleye filet
big mess of potatos o'brien
Tabasco
Coffee

Fresh air
Sunrise

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Being a Minnesota boy, you must of had a bacon and fried onion sandwich....Bacon, onion fried in the grease, and bread...A favorite for fishing trips "Up north"...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The key to a bacon and onion sandwich is to squeeze lemon juice over the onions and let it soak in for a minute before frying said onions.

I'm a lousy enough fisherman that I've shore lunched quite a few bacon and onion sandwiches!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah, that is how we make em too...even if you get fish for shore lunch you have to make the sandwich too...That's about the only time I have them, though....Maybe that's why they are so good...

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
can't let this post leave just yet
you fellars make a sandwish out of anything.
and houndgirl yes we all enjoy healthy food on occassion but this is the "perfect breakfast" and perfect and bran should not be used in the same sentence unless the sentence was "My colon is perfectly clean."
And also green is not a breakfast color.
I am having a delightful time reading our breakfast menu and I am thinking now of adding a few items to my perfect beakfast.

Thanks

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Am I the only one that enjoys bran cereal with a ripe banana? I also love sliced avocado/tomato on a crisp piece of romaine lettuce....and I always drink cranberry juice in the morning....loooooove that stuff!!

HoundGirl

Prolly so. HG, you plannin' on livin' forever?

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Option 1:

Country Fried Steak (with gravy) and Eggs (over easy), with Bicsuits and Home fries, Coffee, orange juice, and berry jam.

Option 2

Chorizo with Scrambled eggs, Fried potatoes and Coffee.

Option 3:

Blueberry Pancakes with Blueberry syrup, coffee.

Option 4:

2 Pork Chops and 2 Eggs (oever easy), with pork gravy, home fries, and sourdough toast with jam. OJ and Coffee, too.

BMT

Last edited by BMT; 04/23/07.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 21, 17CalFan, 1234, 63 invisible), 1,985 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,466
Posts18,508,335
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.