Page 4 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I already know what the responses will be, so I'm checking out. Not interested in being involved, just cleared the air on a feel good but inaccurate statement.

7 out of 44 replies are yours.
You say one thing then do another, yet it's all everyone else?

10 of 54

Last edited by Raeford; 06/25/19. Reason: Slipped one in

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

You're being a nutcase? Yes or no?

There were times when Steelhead and his harpies were on the attack, that yes, I did feel like you'd have to be nuts for even trying. But, the tide was turned and eventually the fire saw him for what he was. The fanboys melted away, the chatter died down, Steelhead left, I guess? I tried several times to make peace with Steelhead, and it rarely got anywhere. It seemed like the logical thing to do, try to keep peace, but it was impossible. Eventually, it was too much even for the campfire.

Was I wrong about Steelhead?

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Fireball, I think northern Dave addressed your question best and as far as good men go I think he’s definitely in that group. Giving someone a bag of gold doesn’t mean you’re going to get a bag of gold. Getting what you give is more abstract than a this for that type proposition. If you give someone something because you want to bring them happiness then you’re intentions aren’t selfish so the act of bringing someone happiness by giving them something also brings the giver happiness when they see that they’ve brought happiness....if that makes sense.

At the same time if you try to bring meanness or unhappiness to someone then you’re likely to be unhappy. If your heart is angry and you want to bring that anger to bear on others then you’re likely to be angry, either at your intended recipient, at others or most importantly at yourself....once again I don’t know if I’m being clear but I know what I’m trying to say. Bad chit has a way of coming back to you just like if you were to go through life bringing happiness to others....it has a way of coming back to you, the giver, often in intangible ways.

I haven’t gotten involved in your other threads but I did want to point out that you were 100% wrong in your assertion that the good men here somehow had a duty to come to your internet aid. The good men here don’t generally get involved in childish rants nor do they involve themselves in the pile on threads. That’s partly why their reputation here is what makes them good men, they aren’t interested in bringing you or others any misery or anger, they prefer to bring support and happiness to those that need it. There are a lot of good men here and they have NO requirement to join you in your one man crusade, that doesn’t diminish their “goodness” it reinforces it.

I don’t have any problems with you nor do I wish you anything but happiness. I decided to answer this post because your question is a fair question and I felt it deserved a fair reply which is what I’ve tried to give you. You have to be happy and give happiness in order to be open to receiving it. Lately I’ve noticed that you are NOT happy .....your posts speak volumes. The way you responded to Doug on the Leupold thread and your posts here on the campfire are evidence of your unhappiness. I’ve chosen to not respond to your previous posts because I have no desire to bring you any further unhappiness but those posts were not constructive and were “mean spirited”. You chose to act in a way that brings upon you what you’ve “given”. You seem to be itching for a fight everywhere you go and then when someone obliges you get upset. You can’t have it both ways so ultimately it’s up to you to decide if you’re going to carry anger and hatred or love and happiness.

I’m sure that the stress you have with the medical issues of family can be emotionally taxing but you’ll not find happiness by taking your frustrations out on guys on the internet. If this place is really getting to you like I think it is I would suggest taking some time out to enjoy life with those people that truly love you, your family. Try to bring some joy into your life and make memories with those that are really important to you. Don’t try to bring misery to those that you don’t like on the internet expecting that will bring you joy because as you’ve seen it just brings more misery.....there’s that pesky “getting what you give” thing again.

I wish you and your family health and happiness. 👍

Address content, or attack the person saying it. In politics, when the right addresses a topic, it is logically dissected and dealt with. When the left deals with a topic, it's all about feelings.
————————————————————————————————————

......what do you think of the statement that the people here use personal attacks as a substitute for addressing the validity of the content of what was said?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Raeford, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, it really doesn't seem valid. My contention is that the people here use personal attacks as a substitute for addressing the content and spirit of a topic posted. Do you disagree?

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

You're being a nutcase? Yes or no?

There were times when Steelhead and his harpies were on the attack, that yes, I did feel like you'd have to be nuts for even trying. But, the tide was turned and eventually the fire saw him for what he was. The fanboys melted away, the chatter died down, Steelhead left, I guess? I tried several times to make peace with Steelhead, and it rarely got anywhere. It seemed like the logical thing to do, try to keep peace, but it was impossible. Eventually, it was too much even for the campfire.

Was I wrong about Steelhead?

I have no opinion on Scott or wtf you are talking about. However, about you, YOU need to get a clue. Geebus.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Done trying Roy. GFY

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How many of you were right there when Steelhead was causing so much trouble? There were plenty of people here willing to ride his coattails when it was going with the tide. I bet those same people rode the tide against him when it changed directions.

This thread isn’t about Steelhead, it’s about YOU. 😉......and YOU choose to continue to play the victim, something at least Steelhead didn’t do. I’m not interested in running down someone that isn’t here to defend themselves, that’s a chickenshit move. Quit hiding behind Steelhead’s robe and address the content of my previous post. You’re only a victim because you allow yourself to be. You talk about responding to the content of someone’s post but YOU YOURSELF chose to ignore the content of my post and continue with one liners, ad hominem attacks and your “woe is me”....”everybody is picking on me”....childish bullshit.

Stop trying to draw moral equivalence and understand that you’re the one that has a problem with US. Therein lies the difference. When everyone has a problem with one person it’s likely that everyone is correct.

When one guy has a problem with everyone else......it’s obvious where the problem lies. A smart man once said.....

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
If you meet an azzhole in the morning, you had the bad luck of meeting an azzhole. If you run into azzholes all day, YOU'RE the azzhole..................

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Alwaysoutdoors, what do you think of the statement that the people here use personal attacks as a substitute for addressing the validity of the content of what was said?

I have seen quite a bit of both types of responses here. What personal content do you think isn’t being addressed, big R?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
How many of you were right there when Steelhead was causing so much trouble? There were plenty of people here willing to ride his coattails when it was going with the tide. I bet those same people rode the tide against him when it changed directions.

This thread isn’t about Steelhead, it’s about YOU. 😉......and YOU choose to continue to play the victim, something at least Steelhead didn’t do. I’m not interested in running down someone that isn’t here to defend themselves, that’s a chickenshit move. Quit hiding behind Steelhead’s robe and address the content of my previous post. You’re only a victim because you allow yourself to be. You talk about responding to the content of someone’s post but YOU YOURSELF chose to ignore the content of my post and continue with one liners, ad hominem attacks and your “woe is me”....”everybody is picking on me”....childish bullshit.

Stop trying to draw moral equivalence and understand that you’re the one that has a problem with US. Therein lies the difference. When everyone has a problem with one person it’s likely that everyone is correct.

When one guy has a problem with everyone else......it’s obvious where the problem lies. A smart man once said.....

Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
If you meet an azzhole in the morning, you had the bad luck of meeting an azzhole. If you run into azzholes all day, YOU'RE the azzhole..................

Don’t fall for it,Roy.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Raeford, I'm not sure the point you're trying to make, it really doesn't seem valid. My contention is that the people here use personal attacks as a substitute for addressing the content and spirit of a topic posted. Do you disagree?

The only point that I've made is the fact that you have been bitching and moaning about everything 24HR campfire for near a week.
No matter what you may think, folk here are a bit concerned.
Frankly, some of what you have said is pretty much off the wall.
You stated in the 2nd post that you were "checking out/not interested in being involved" yet near 20% of the replies are from you?
Dude, if you need help, get it.Or take a break for a bit.
If it's all drama just to be drama then that's what you've got here

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Low T I’m telling you!

I’m Actually not even trying to be rude.. Fireball you have a women’s outlook on life but lack a woman’s ability to keep their crazy hidden. I mentioned it a few years ago to just leave if you’re this miserable on a thread you stated just like this one, one of many threads just like this one.

The world is going to hell fast, everywhere you look depravity is considered acceptable, you constantly whining here isn’t helping anything it’s only making you crazier.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm thinking this whole issue could go away, if someone would take some time, and learn to understand the difference in "your" and "you're" it could be the key to solving this problem.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rosco1
Low T I’m telling you!

I’m Actually not even trying to be rude.. Fireball you have a women’s outlook on life but lack a woman’s ability to keep their crazy hidden. I mentioned it a few years ago to just leave if you’re this miserable on a thread you stated just like this one, one of many threads just like this one.

The world is going to hell fast, everywhere you look depravity is considered acceptable, you constantly whining here isn’t helping anything it’s only making you crazier.

Are you asking him to get an operation?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by ironbender
Furball
You sound like you are very close to harming yourself or others. I hope I’m wrong on that count.

Please seek a competent mental health provider. Strongly suggest logging off for a cooling off period.

+1 Roy this chit is weird. You are the phucqked up one. Goodness.

Really, why not just read the OP, and respond to that? What JGRaider said is absolutely my point. America is sick, and this board is a reflection of what's going on in America right now. The right complains the left shouts down opposition they don't agree with, w/o dealing with the logic of what is being said.

That is exactly what these threads are! The people on this board do EXACTLY what they complain the left does. Rather than read something, and reply, or develop a conversation around what was said, it is immediate and non-stop persoanl attacks!

Sorry folks, but these are the tactics of Saul Alinsky from his book Rules for Radicals. Someone here can post them. Society is very sick in America. The tactics used by the communists have literally infected this country and this board,

Everyone here has treated me well.

No offense Greg, but it is actually not that hard to just get along, avoiding making any kind of controversial stand, never bucking the tide when you feel in your gut maybe you should. Again, not personally directed at you, but yes men rarely have trouble.

O.k., so you are a man....why do you seem to have so much trouble? I do not mean this to be a slur, but your recent posts are quite concerning.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[quote=AcesNeights]Fireball, I think northern Dave addressed your question best and as far as good men go I think he’s definitely in that group. Giving someone a bag of gold doesn’t mean you’re going to get a bag of gold. Getting what you give is more abstract than a this for that type proposition. If you give someone something because you want to bring them happiness then you’re intentions aren’t selfish so the act of bringing someone happiness by giving them something also brings the giver happiness when they see that they’ve brought happiness....if that makes sense.

At the same time if you try to bring meanness or unhappiness to someone then you’re likely to be unhappy. If your heart is angry and you want to bring that anger to bear on others then you’re likely to be angry, either at your intended recipient, at others or most importantly at yourself....once again I don’t know if I’m being clear but I know what I’m trying to say. Bad chit has a way of coming back to you just like if you were to go through life bringing happiness to others....it has a way of coming back to you, the giver, often in intangible ways.

I haven’t gotten involved in your other threads but I did want to point out that you were 100% wrong in your assertion that the good men here somehow had a duty to come to your internet aid. The good men here don’t generally get involved in childish rants nor do they involve themselves in the pile on threads. That’s partly why their reputation here is what makes them good men, they aren’t interested in bringing you or others any misery or anger, they prefer to bring support and happiness to those that need it. There are a lot of good men here and they have NO requirement to join you in your one man crusade, that doesn’t diminish their “goodness” it reinforces it.

I don’t have any problems with you nor do I wish you anything but happiness. I decided to answer this post because your question is a fair question and I felt it deserved a fair reply which is what I’ve tried to give you. You have to be happy and give happiness in order to be open to receiving it. Lately I’ve noticed that you are NOT happy .....your posts speak volumes. The way you responded to Doug on the Leupold thread and your posts here on the campfire are evidence of your unhappiness. I’ve chosen to not respond to your previous posts because I have no desire to bring you any further unhappiness but those posts were not constructive and were “mean spirited”. You chose to act in a way that brings upon you what you’ve “given”. You seem to be itching for a fight everywhere you go and then when someone obliges you get upset. You can’t have it both ways so ultimately it’s up to you to decide if you’re going to carry anger and hatred or love and happiness.

I’m sure that the stress you have with the medical issues of family can be emotionally taxing but you’ll not find happiness by taking your frustrations out on guys on the internet. If this place is really getting to you like I think it is I would suggest taking some time out to enjoy life with those people that truly love you, your family. Try to bring some joy into your life and make memories with those that are really important to you. Don’t try to bring misery to those that you don’t like on the internet expecting that will bring you joy because as you’ve seen it just brings more misery.....there’s that pesky “getting what you give” thing again.

I wish you and your family health and happiness. 👍

Now there is ONE well reasoned response to what his is about. This kind of response is what is very sadly lacking both in America and on the campfire. Both have turned into a slugfest, shouting match, and dogpile. Aces and Eights shows the contrast with his post. And I WILL and consider what you've said. Thank you for acknowledging mine was a fair question. I am pretty sure you will be the ONLY ONE, which further proves my point that people are quickly losing the ability to reason and blindly lash out if any message is presented that they find offensive.

As for bad things having a way of making the rounds and coming full circle, would you say that Steelhead (for example) may have earned the ire of anyone here by his actions, or are responses to him completely unfounded and unfair? In your opinion has he ever done or said anything that might illicit a negative response, or are any of his detractors completely off base? What about Leupold, have they earned their current reputation, or is it completely unfounded? Is it wrong to recognize it if you fall into the camp of agreeing there are problems (with either Steelhead or Leupold for example)?

Would you say it is anyone's given right to express his opinion on this board, or is it only those opinions which are popular with other posters?

LOL
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You guys need to leave 'Ballz alone.

If you spent your whole adult life collecting Savages, you'd be pissed off too.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Just curious, are you actually TRYING to summon beetlejuice, er I mean Steelhead?

You've used his name wayyyyy too many times in this thread alone. Leave a sleeping dog lie.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gregintenn

why do you seem to have so much trouble?

I don't mind making an unpopular stand if that's what I feel is right. I have learned that many won't do that. That makes the majority in dis-agreement against that person by definition, which puts you in the crosshairs, especially on an internet forum were there is low accountability for a post. In person things tend to smooth out because there is more "accountability" if you will.

Internet forums are run amok. You would kind of expect it on a site like Democratic Underground, but does it concern you at all that so called conservatives seem so intent on character assassination rather than reasoning a topic thru? Again, not to harp on it, but it's straight out of Saul Alinsky. It's the enemy of the voice of reason!

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Just curious, are you actually TRYING to summon beetlejuice, er I mean Steelhead?

You've used his name wayyyyy too many times in this thread alone. Leave a sleeping dog lie.

Do you agree that Steelhead said things that earned him the ire of campfire posters or are all of the negative opinions of him unfounded?

LOL
Page 4 of 69 1 2 3 4 5 6 68 69

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,872
Posts18,518,060
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.