Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Dad (lastround) traded in a couple rifles for a Barrett Fieldcraft today. He got the special edition with the #2 contour, green stock and black cerakote. He bought the 6.5 Creedmoor. I bet it the all up weight isn’t 7 pounds. It shoots exceptionally well - we had to try it out!

It could possibly be the more perfecter combo. Barrett quality and consistency still amazes me. Like I said earlier in the thread, I believe they’re the highest quality production (actually semi custom) rifle on the market today.

Did he get the 22" threaded or 24" non-threaded with green stock?

The 22" #2 is my cup of tea. All that and a box of chocolates. They should be marketed as an anti-depressant......5 shots, go look at the target and just smile.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dad (lastround) traded in a couple rifles for a Barrett Fieldcraft today. He got the special edition with the #2 contour, green stock and black cerakote. He bought the 6.5 Creedmoor. I bet it the all up weight isn’t 7 pounds. It shoots exceptionally well - we had to try it out!

It could possibly be the more perfecter combo. Barrett quality and consistency still amazes me. Like I said earlier in the thread, I believe they’re the highest quality production (actually semi custom) rifle on the market today.

But, but, but..... Doug, shooting a Creedmoor? 😜

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Yep...and he likes it!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

The 22" #2 is my cup of tea. All that and a box of chocolates. They should be marketed as an anti-depressant......5 shots, go look at the target and just smile.

24” non threaded. We just shot some factory ammo. Pretty impressive.

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Brad

I recently bought the Lipsey’s Special run Barrett FC 6.5CM w/ 24” no.2 bbl. (the exact one I lobbied for, Whittaker’s proposed, and Barrett rejected). It’s a fine little rifle that groups 140 NAB’s into .6” groups. I just wish Whittaker’s had gotten my $...

[Linked Image]

Brad,

That’s the same rifle dad has, but has the green stock and black cerakote. I can’t remember where I got them, but I think it was a buy group deal. Little better direct pricing than that model and I thought they’d move a little better in the unique configuration.

The deal I was trying to get worked out had a cut rifle barrel. And I’ll still take your money any time you want to send it 😀😀

Last edited by shortactionsmoker; 06/27/19.

IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Threw on an AAC suppressor and slung some 143 ELD-X’s. POI shift, but accuracy is still there around 1/2”ish.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Damn Remington Outdoors Co, formally Freedom Group... BTW, how many weeks did it take to get that rifle zeroed?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

24” non threaded. We just shot some factory ammo. Pretty impressive.

Sweet. I hope he enjoy's the heck out of it.

I agree on the FC's rifles rating up there at the top of the quality heap. Another I'd put in that category is the Seekins PH1. Neither of those makers are low cost, but I think you get your $'s worth and more from them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That’s the same rifle dad has, but has the green stock and black cerakote. I can’t remember where I got them, but I think it was a buy group deal. Little better direct pricing than that model and I thought they’d move a little better in the unique configuration.

The deal I was trying to get worked out had a cut rifle barrel. And I’ll still take your money any time you want to send it 😀😀

Ahh, I'd forgotten you wanted a cut barrel. I'm not a Ceracote guy, so I opted for the Lipsey's model from our own warpig602 who was a real pleasure to deal with.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Brad

I recently bought the Lipsey’s Special run Barrett FC 6.5CM w/ 24” no.2 bbl. (the exact one I lobbied for, Whittaker’s proposed, and Barrett rejected). It’s a fine little rifle that groups 140 NAB’s into .6” groups. I just wish Whittaker’s had gotten my $...

[Linked Image]

Brad be pimpin' da bling with the silver TLW's......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

Marty,
I think I have drank the Coolaid! I’m still a large fan of the 7mm-08, but this Barrett in 6.5 CM is sweet! Darrik and I took it down to the range with some factory ammo (143 gr. ELDX and 130 gr. Tipped Gamekings) and after getting on paper, it immediately put both bullets into less than an inch with both of us shooting. I’m impressed! I can’t wait to see what I can get handloads to do.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

As an aside, I usually shoot 3-shot groups from the bench, but this rifle was shooting so well I had to try a 5-shot. It put all five in a nice cluster measuring slightly less than an inch with the Sierra 130 gr. Tipped Gameking factory load. Like I said, I’m impressed!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

My perfect whitetail combo for the last 37 years has been a first year (1981) Remington 700 Classic, 270 Win. topped with a Leupold M8 4X. More often than not shooting 130 gr. Partitions, but have used factory ammo. Shoot bucks just behind the front shoulder in the ribs, lots of them went right down and an equal mount have embarked on the 50 yard death run. I’m proud to say I’ve never lost a buck that I’ve hit.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Poconojack

My perfect whitetail combo for the last 37 years has been a first year (1981) Remington 700 Classic, 270 Win. topped with a Leupold M8 4X. More often than not shooting 130 gr. Partitions, but have used factory ammo. Shoot bucks just behind the front shoulder in the ribs, lots of them went right down and an equal mount have embarked on the 50 yard death run. I’m proud to say I’ve never lost a buck that I’ve hit.

A very practical combination I'd say.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
just take a 3006 in almost any combo and your set !! 2cent worth.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Hopefully, this is the start of Remington doing things "right" in building their rifles again.

It is a very nice package, that's for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by domit
just take a 3006 in almost any combo and your set !! 2cent worth.

For whitetail only... why?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
never been a deer made that a 3006 can't do in ! the title said deer.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

What scope?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by domit
never been a deer made that a 3006 can't do in ! the title said deer.

Agreed, but it's a LOT of cartridge. I've found it absolutely ideal for elk. Perhaps, the "ideal" elk cartridge.

But for diminutive WT deer, there are many lighter recoiling rounds that are more fun to use... no?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hard to argue with a light kicking 7-08 or 6.5 Creed IMO. I'm not into lightweights, so something like the OP showed would be great. A 7mm08/120 BT combo is a deer killing machine.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 66 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,754
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.