-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't disagree with the above statement and I'm glad that he was found not guilty of the most serious charges. Unfortunately, the one that cost him his anchor is legit. As a Chief you have a responsibility to prevent things like that photo. Or at least not be in it. Rank comes with responsibility and he apparently admitted the misjudgment early on. Seems a bit heavy handed considering his service. The punishment will need to be approved at a higher lever, maybe someone will intercede on his behalf. SECNAV would be a good place to start.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hugh
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by scoony
So for all the service members that choose the hard right over the easy wrong????? Guess it doesn't matter anymore. It is not about tying their hands, its not about judging them from AC offices, it's about expecting a certain level of professionalism. There should be a distinction between a soldier and a murderer. IMO he crossed that line. But yeah, it was a major CF.

You have no idea what occurred.

Not a soldier. A sailor ,frogman ,Navy Seal. You know jack [bleep].

Whatever, dude. You know what he meant. I mean, if you want to be persnikkity's about it just be advised that SEAL should be in all caps.

Last edited by Triggernosis; 07/03/19.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I've got a good friend (NCIS agent) who is very close to this story. Gallagher had become an out-of-control operator that was doing stuff that even his fellow SEALS thought was wrong and exceeding the levels of humanity. Thus, they ratted on him as it was the only way to get him stopped and prevent ALL of them from ending up on the wrong side of Heaven.

Something was uncovered during the investigation of the medics' past that could have caused them some grief and they were given immunity from prosecution to testify against Gallagher. What they didn't expect was for the medic to claim he killed the haji. As a result, it ended up being a win-win - they were able to "save" a fellow SEAL and not be sent to the brig themselves for some bullshit they dug up in the medics' past.

Truth is, Gallagher had gone rogue

Completely feasible . Happens in every war...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
SEAL !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Foxnews has a new article up that says he's being reduced in rank and sentenced to 4 months, which he's already served. He plans to retire in a couple months when he hits his 20 years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If the government don't want somebody to be dead, then don't send in the SEALs

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What was the reduction in rank and corresponding reduction in retirement pay? Substantial?

Also, is a Presidential pardon possible when convicted by court martial?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I've got a good friend (NCIS agent) who is very close to this story. Gallagher had become an out-of-control operator that was doing stuff that even his fellow SEALS thought was wrong and exceeding the levels of humanity. Thus, they ratted on him as it was the only way to get him stopped and prevent ALL of them from ending up on the wrong side of Heaven.

Something was uncovered during the investigation of the medics' past that could have caused them some grief and they were given immunity from prosecution to testify against Gallagher. What they didn't expect was for the medic to claim he killed the haji. As a result, it ended up being a win-win - they were able to "save" a fellow SEAL and not be sent to the brig themselves for some bullshit they dug up in the medics' past.

Truth is, Gallagher had gone rogue

Completely feasible . Happens in every war...

^^^^ Alright. Acquitted is acquitted.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
MtnBoomer,

I suspect that CDR Gallagher will not need a pardon, as the "flag", who must endorse his "sentence", will likely quietly set the only count of which he was convicted by GCM aside.

yours, tex
USA, Retired

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Stand alone question on the pardon issue.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Sometimes the good guys win.

Even with a liberal laced military justice system stacked against them.

This is President Trump’s military now, why hasn’t the stench of Obama’s military been removed?

Is this a serious question or are you just ignorant of how military contracts/careers work?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
After a "ride" like that I'd be out ASAP. I would not give those bastards the chance to frame me on something else.

He reaches his 20 year retirement in three weeks. He is demoted one rank.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Good news. If a Navy SEAL kills you, it's cuz you needed kill'n!

++ 10

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Bobmar
I wouldn't disagree with the above statement and I'm glad that he was found not guilty of the most serious charges. Unfortunately, the one that cost him his anchor is legit. As a Chief you have a responsibility to prevent things like that photo. Or at least not be in it. Rank comes with responsibility and he apparently admitted the misjudgment early on. Seems a bit heavy handed considering his service. The punishment will need to be approved at a higher lever, maybe someone will intercede on his behalf. SECNAV would be a good place to start.

It's a shame about that photo. You tell your kids not to be stupid and post compromising photos on the internet, they'll be there for ever. Who would have thought you would have to tell a multiple tour Navy SEAL that?

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

676 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 3,003 guests, and 1,384 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,479
Posts18,471,757
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.