B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by bludog
Chill out - coons are terrible pests, as are possums.
The hypocricy here is so thick you can cut it with a knife.

Come on, BH, quit actin lika dayom yankee, please. smile
The truth hurts.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

The truth hurts.

I don't know which of you has the worst case of vaginal irritation, you or Fireballz.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

The truth hurts.

I don't know which of you has the worst case of vaginal irritation, you or Fireballz.
Blow it out your ass.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Geno, you need to be getting out of Ca. Heres hoping you and Sal made it through the warning ok. God bless.

No problem up here with the "warning". I'm about a three hour drive north of where the farthest folk were barely feeling it.

Sal might get some shakers, our biggest worry is wildfire and the big f'n volcano about 100 miles due west and the other one (that last erupted 100 years or so ago) about the same distance SW.

I've lived through so many earthquakes I actually "miss" them in a way. Those volcanoes scare the ever lovin' poop outa me though. You can take precautions from earthquakes, life can get messy and all, but not many people make it out of a volcano eruption and once your schiedt is buried under 18" of ash and cinders there's not much salvageable. Not a fan of being "Pompeid".

Now that the wife and I are poor retired folk, unless one of her tickets hits on the Power Ball or something, I'm afraid I'm stuck in out little corner of the old west.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bunch of peta wieners....

IC B2

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Davey made a hat out of a dinidu nuffin coon that was eating his sweet corn.
Probably ate the thing also after letting it soak and tenderize in a pond sunk with a rock and rope also?????
I don't know if he ever went to Hopkinsville though?????
I dont think they had any wardens back then either????

I baited those traps with a LITTLE DEBBIE'S HONEY BUN just a little while ago, and put new Little Friskies in the dogproof traps. Tried to find some Fish Oil at the local Mennonite grocery, but they didn't have it. If I'd had the palsy, or a bad bladder, they had plenty of herbal cures for what ails you, but no Fish Oil. I wanted to fix that coon a good last meal......even though I'm technically poaching them.

I'm going to "relocate" it also.

I tried drowning a coon one time, and although it wasn't messy, it was not pretty watching it drown. Unless something has really pizzed me off, I believe in putting any animal I kill to death as quickly and painfully as possible.......and that includes a sweet corn eating coon. A 22 LR in the head does the trick, even if there is a lot of blood. I have gave them a good smack in the head with something like a shovel, and that'll do it too.

Renegade, I'll shoot you a PM if I catch another one, and you can have it so you can made you a Davy Crockett hat.

Ahhhhhh
Thanks but no thanks on the coonskin cap thing.....
Hahaha!!!

But if ya do get one in a havaheart trap.
Hold on to it for awhile.
Feed it
Lull it into a false sense of security.
Let slumlord have a couple of days ta get back from his craptastic western vacation.
They went thru Portland today.
Seen 3 antifa types on Enduro motorcycles.
Hahaha!!!
Some story earlier today he texted me about some special lettuce his wife needed and bad coupon compatibility for 12 packs of sprite????

He can bring up his AR
I will bring up my AK.

And we can do a dual mag dump on the next sweet corn bandit.
Slumlord can show ya how to use his phone or mine.

You can vid us doing a Pol Pot on the masked miscreant.

Then we can post it here while eating lunch somewhere up in Hoptropolis.

When can even set up survey

Do you think it was a quick demise for rocky?
Do you think a 7.62 or 5.56 did him in 1st?
Which caliber do think did more damage overall?
Do you think other coons get the message?

Slumlord can reimburse ya and give ya a replacement havaheart trap.

Haha, I was thinking about shipping the coons to New York, since some of the people up there seem to like them so well. He can make a pet out of it, and instead of walking his dog, he can walk his coon.

JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

The truth hurts.

Yep, the truth does hurt.............you. You give the damn Yankees a bad name.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't read the thread, but I did look at the OP's pic...... How far did the coon drag that trap? Cross-tie and a 't' post to anchor a coon cuff. grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman3
I haven't read the thread, but I did look at the OP's pic...... How far did the coon drag that trap? Cross-tie and a 't' post to anchor a coon cuff. grin

I wasn't going to take any chances, there are some big coons around these parts.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Coons love corn. A few years ago I decided to plant some silver queen in Dad's garden spot where he always made tons of it. Everything was going great, the corn was beautiful. Almost at the very moment some of it started to mature and it was time to start looking for ears with some dark silks, I went over one morning and it looked like a tornado had hit the patch. Coon tracks everywhere and they had pulled down most of the stalks eating or more correctly partially eating the ears. At first, they seemed to really prefer the big nice ears with no silk worm damage but as I recall, they eventually got all of it.

Dad never had trouble with them. I suspect development in the area forced them from more rural areas into the "suburbs". Most any solution is out....can't trap, can't shoot, can't have an electric fence. I just grow greens in the fall when I am motivated.

Best solution IMO is an electric fence. I have an Uncle who gardens out in the country and he finally broke down and got one because he could not grow much of anything because of deer. Now, wildlife is no longer an issue for him.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I know a guy that uses Fly bait and Coke mixed together and the coons drop dead within ten feet of the pie tin.

Scary crap.

Nothing goes far.
Grape is th e soda of choice here.
And no, I'm not joking. But I wonder if it started that way.
Illegal here. That makes one a no good poacher, with no coons.

I'll accept that.
I have done much worse, but not for years.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
JamesJr Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Didn't catch one last night. Slumlord's honey bun suggestion didn't pay off. I guess I'll have to go get some of his sweet corn.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor Blackheart. Bless his little black heart.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Last edited by renegade50; 07/05/19.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Probably ate the thing also after letting it soak and tenderize in a pond sunk with a rock and rope also?????

I baited those traps with a LITTLE DEBBIE'S HONEY BUN just a little while ago, and put new Little Friskies in the dogproof traps. Tried to find some Fish Oil at the local Mennonite grocery, but they didn't have it. If I'd had the palsy, or a bad bladder, they had plenty of herbal cures for what ails you, but no Fish Oil. I wanted to fix that coon a good last meal......even though I'm technically poaching them.

I tried drowning a coon one time, and although it wasn't messy, it was not pretty watching it drown. Unless something has really pizzed me off, I believe in putting any animal I kill to death as quickly and painfully as possible.......and that includes a sweet corn eating coon. A 22 LR in the head does the trick, even if there is a lot of blood. I have gave them a good smack in the head with something like a shovel, and that'll do it too.

Renegade, I'll shoot you a PM if I catch another one, and you can have it so you can made you a Davy Crockett hat.

Ahhhhhh
Hahaha!!!

Feed it
Let slumlord have a couple of days ta get back from his craptastic western vacation.
Hahaha!!!
Some story earlier today he texted me about some special lettuce his wife needed and bad coupon compatibility for 12 packs of sprite????

He can bring up his AR
I will bring up my AK.

Haha, I was thinking about shipping the coons to New York, since some of the people up there seem to like them so well. He can make a pet out of it, and instead of walking his dog, he can walk his coon.
I know all about coons you inbred, buck toothed, banjo playin, sister bangin, ignorant fuuck. I hunted and trapped them for decades. Kept one in a cage for training dogs for years.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Ahhhhhh
Hahaha!!!

Feed it
Hahaha!!!

He can bring up his AR
I will bring up my AK.

I know all about coons you inbred, buck toothed, banjo playin, sister bangin, ignorant fuuck. I hunted and trapped them for decades. Kept one in a cage for training dogs for years.

What kind of permit did you have to have to keep a wild animal year round in a cage to train dogs with? Thinking of getting one myself, but want to make sure eveything is by the law. Don't want to start a rucus.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I had a wildlife rehabilitators license. Never kept one year round. Only when I had a new pup to train. Would turn it loose when done and catch another next time I needed one.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I had a wildlife rehabilitators license. Never kept one year round. Only when I had a new pup to train. Would turn it loose when done and catch another next time I needed one.

LOL, which is a violation of your wildlife rehabilitaor license. "The hypocrisy here is so thick you can cut it with a knife."

From the NY DEC website:

What This License Allows:

Providing care for injured or debilitated wildlife for release back to the wild, including most of the following:
-Mammals
-Reptiles & amphibians
-Unregulated bird species (i.e. pigeons, European starlings, house sparrows)
-Some regulated game birds (i.e. turkey, pheasant, grouse)
-Capturing, housing, feeding, and providing emergency treatment to injured wildlife.

I guess it's ok for certain people to break certain laws under certain circumstances though ?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL, which is a violation of your wildlife rehabilitaor license. "The hypocrisy here is so thick you can cut it with a knife, "LOL.
I am not the one who is always on here with a holier than thou attitude toward folks who poach or otherwise break the law. I said in my first post to this thread that i might do the same as Jamesjr if I was having a problem with coons. You're just such a dim witted, ignorant ass hole who can't wait to ankle bite at any perceived opportunity that you missed it. The rehabilitators license did in fact allow me to keep a coon for a period of time without worry.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Blackie, you crack me up. Do game wardens in NY actually write citations for things like a guy trapping coons that are ruining his garden? Is that the kind of thing you all consider "poaching" up there?

If so, I can see why you're always pissed off at the world. I would be too if I lived in a place like that.

And PS, trapping a coon for the purpose of training a dog is much more than "not entirely legit," it's a blatant mis-use of the license. The license doesn't allow you to trap healthy animals for your own purposes, it allows you to care for injured animals until they can be released.

I guess it's ok for certain people to break certain laws under certain circumstances though ?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 45 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.