Hop To
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Huntress1956
Still trying to figure out how to quote people

Click on the “quote” icon next to “reply” and type your message after the last [/quote].

Welcome to the Campfire.

DF

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Still trying to figure out how to quote people

Click on the “quote” icon next to “reply” and type your message after the last /quote.

Welcome to the Campfire.

DF

And don't forget to wear your Wellingtons. There's a lot of...well, you'll know what I mean when you step in some.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
After all these years it is finally revieled the gold ring has nothing to do with mechanical integrity! Hmmm, imagine that!

Trystan

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Trystan
After all these years it is finally revieled the gold ring has nothing to do with mechanical integrity! Hmmm, imagine that!

Trystan

I beg to differ. A 13-year employee pushed like heck on the internals of a cut away scope and it held.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by battue
But i haven't seen anything, I understand that's what the topic is on this discussion; I guess I meant to say I came to late to see the presentation?

Leupold has a sock puppet...

Leupold has proven to be lacking on presentation, but I seriously doubt they could be that bad.

Humor me and try to imagine an idiot from Oregon tying to impersonate an idiot from New Jersey.

I’m not sure Rich Little in his prime could manage that act.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Trystan

I beg to differ. A 13-year employee pushed like heck on the internals of a cut away scope and it held.

Next you’ll be telling me the horseshoe mustache was fake.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But i haven't seen anything, I understand that's what the topic is on this discussion; I guess I meant to say I came to late to see the presentation?

Leupold has a sock puppet...

Leupold has proven to be lacking on presentation, but I seriously doubt they could be that bad.

Humor me and try to imagine an idiot from Oregon tying to impersonate an idiot from New Jersey.

I’m not sure Rich Little in his prime could manage that act.

Think Fireballz doing Jon Stewart.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by North61
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

"Leupold haters"? I highly doubt that it's a segment of guys who thought "hmmm, Leupold is a USA-based sport optics company that aligns very well with my hunting/shooting interests. Yup, I'm sure of it, I hate 'em".

What you are calling "Leupold haters" are predominantly regular guys like you and me that have had too many negative experiences with Leupold products to ignore. Most of them would really like to trust Leupold once again, but the company refuses to acknowledge and repair the major hurdles keeping these guys from doing so. I am one such individual. I would be happy to use Leupold riflescopes if I had the confidence in their function that I have in scopes like NF, SWFA, Bushy Elite Tac, etc. That doesn't seem "impossible to please" to me. I have no hate for Leupold, and I want them to come around and gain the reputation that they ought to have, and it frustrates me that they refuse to do what it takes. If NF can do it, so can Leupold. But they won't because they choose to look the other way.

Let us remember Leupold scopes starts at $199 while NF at $975. (Retail) . Is it realistic to expect the same quality?

And SWFA FF is $259 Black Friday. There is one reason Leupold doesn't, they're convinced their chit don't stink.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
👍

laissez les bons temps rouler
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I feel a bit sorry for Doug and Leupold on this one. This wasn't going to end well given the state of the strength of opinions on the subject. Doug comes across looking naive and probably damages his relationship with Leupold to boot. Leupold haters get to have a bigger field day and the poor sods who showed up from team Loopy probably damage their career's to some extent though I suspect it's also likely that 24 hour campfire members take their own reputation as "impossible to please" to a new height with management. Probably not the end game Doug was looking for.

I will continue to use Leupolds when I want a light weight option, but not without a bit of paranoia now, waiting for failures, that will likely not happen but waiting non the less.

"Leupold haters"? I highly doubt that it's a segment of guys who thought "hmmm, Leupold is a USA-based sport optics company that aligns very well with my hunting/shooting interests. Yup, I'm sure of it, I hate 'em".

What you are calling "Leupold haters" are predominantly regular guys like you and me that have had too many negative experiences with Leupold products to ignore. Most of them would really like to trust Leupold once again, but the company refuses to acknowledge and repair the major hurdles keeping these guys from doing so. I am one such individual. I would be happy to use Leupold riflescopes if I had the confidence in their function that I have in scopes like NF, SWFA, Bushy Elite Tac, etc. That doesn't seem "impossible to please" to me. I have no hate for Leupold, and I want them to come around and gain the reputation that they ought to have, and it frustrates me that they refuse to do what it takes. If NF can do it, so can Leupold. But they won't because they choose to look the other way.

Let us remember Leupold scopes starts at $199 while NF at $975. (Retail) . Is it realistic to expect the same quality?

And SWFA FF is $259 Black Friday. There is one reason Leupold doesn't, they're convinced their chit don't stink.

Id like to use some SWFAs and see how i like them.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

They're heavy, chunky and work damned good.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

For me their biggest weakness is the large diameter ocular. It prevents mounting them super low on hunting rifles—think bolt handle clearance. If you like your scopes mounted high, then bobs your uncle. .

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Trystan

Next you’ll be telling me the horseshoe mustache was fake.

You didnt see one side come unglued?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

For me their biggest weakness is the large diameter ocular. It prevents mounting them super low on hunting rifles—think bolt handle clearance. If you like your scopes mounted high, then bobs your uncle. .

Managed to use low rings everywhere, IIRC. It's the windage knob that irks me.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been a fairly good Leupold customer through the years. I don't like being called an idiot. I will never buy another Leupold product. I will try to steer others away from a company that has contempt for its customers.

Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Here are my Leupold products.

[Linked Image]

The bottom 3 are Redfield Revolution scopes with Accurange reticles. Fantastic scopes that to the best of my memory adjusted pretty close to as they should. They have been set and forget scopes. The glass and weight are best in the price class.

Next up is an old friction Vari X-1. It pretty well behaved as it should, but the Ruger it's on isn't terribly accurate, so I dis have to twist a bit to get it set.
Going up from there: a new VX-1, two silver VX-II and two VX-3. Again, weight and glass are price class leading. To the best of my recollection getting these set was an adventure.

My most accurate rifles don't wear Leupold. I twist them on occasion. I'd like for them to wear Leupold because I am big on made in the USA, but I have consumed enough reliable information to have doubts about how they would perform with regular twisting.

Summary: Love the glass, love the weight, love that I have set them and have never had to adjust them, love that they are made in the USA and love that they have been reliable once set. I should add that I don't shoot a whole lot. Don't love chasing bullseyes while dialing them in. It's maddening. Don't love what I have come to believe is a lack of reliability when dialing Leupolds. I do love what I have read about Leupold customer service.

My most recent scope purchases have not been Leupold. Leupold has some work to do. I hope they'll do it, but I have my doubts. I think they have done what Ruger has done in accepting customer returns as a part of their QC process. That's a damn shame too because Leupold is my favorite scope maker and Ruger is my favorite gun maker, but they are both unquestionably taking their customers for granted, and neither seems to give a damn.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Did we lose Huntress1956?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Did we lose Huntress1956?

Leupold sock puppet.
Created yesterday.......
Probably one of the assclowns from the spin session.
Playing devils advocate schitt....

TFF!!!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
... and his buddy HunterT...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She is on her way to meet me. Says I have a sexy handle......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here’s to hoping 1956 is Jersey girl’s ATM pin and not her birth year.

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (14idaho, 406_SBC, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,461 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.