Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boomer,
$12.00 bucks an hour in Oregon is a high wage........ I suspect the real problem is all the employee's are stoned... it is Oregon after all... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Boomer,
$12.00 bucks an hour in Oregon is a high wage........ I suspect the real problem is all the employee's are stoned... it is Oregon after all... wink

Yeah, that reticle looks straight to me....Pass the blunt bru and stamp this scope gtg. 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Not directed at anyone specifically but there sure are a lot of assumptions being made.

This is what has happened to America. Assuming and people piling on whether it is scopes or tires. At the end of the discussion, I will bet Leupold continues to sell thousands of scopes to people that aren’t on the Campfire and will thank the Campfire for it’s input.

If Leupold sells that many scopes that don’t work, you would think it would show up unilaterally through consumers. I haven’t had the problems that the Campfire has with Leupold, but I have switched almost entirely to Swarovski, so I can’t ad to the educated discussion.

Whether or not there is any change will remain to be seen. I believe this squeaky wheel will get greased. My guess is grease isn’t what the Campfire is looking for...

I highly doubt Doug who is a major distributor of optics would have posted a thread on Leupold without certain criteria being met.

1. He would have had to talk with Leupold directly first and my guess is the conversation was about why his order for Leupold scopes was dwindling.

2. Doug and Leupold would have had to reach an agreement for Doug to approach campfire members because yes he is a major distributor and major distributors don't just start random threads discussing who there in business with

It's more than obvious Leupold is having a serious problem and if they don't get it sorted there future is at stake.

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 07/08/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yep, the optics forum never disappoints...

The others need to catch up...

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When is the gloss freaking black option coming back as a standard feature without having to pay $250 extra????????? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

smile

Sorry DF, couldn't help myself...... I am doin my best to get the other threads up to speed.... seem to be getting a little push back though...

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by irfubar

DF

smile

Sorry DF, couldn't help myself...... I am doin my best to get the other threads up to speed.... seem to be getting a little push back though...

laugh

Well, as long as you trying... cool

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
When is the gloss freaking black option coming back as a standard feature without having to pay $250 extra????????? Seriously!!!!!!!!!!

Say you have your own business. And for each shiny widget sold, you sell 250 of the matte-finish version.
How long until you probably just say to hell with the shiny widgets? smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SKane

Say you have your own business. And for each shiny widget sold, you sell 250 of the matte-finish version.

I can see that. But what about that dang wide duplex? Is it really what people wanted?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And for each shiny widget sold, you sell 250 of the matte-finish version.

I understand the widget theory, but for nearly 80 years Leupold sold a gloss version of their product(s) as a standard finish. For folks who have been loyal Leupold fanboys for a bunch of those years it's hard to swallow. I'm not asking for every scope on the line to have a no cost gloss option, but c'mon at least throw us a bone on a 2-7 or 3-9 in something.

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I understand the widget theory, but for nearly 80 years Leupold sold a gloss version of their product(s) as a standard finish. For folks who have been loyal Leupold fanboys for a bunch of those years it's hard to swallow. I'm not asking for every scope on the line to have a no cost gloss option, but c'mon at least throw us a bone on a 2-7 or 3-9 in something.

What if they found out that the matte finish was cheaper to produce.

How much of a premium would you be willing to pay for gloss...

Just assuming...

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's not a bad idea.
But then there'd be grumbling because it's not offered in XX. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

That's not a bad idea.
But then there'd be grumbling because it's not offered in XX. laugh

Yeah, this is the Optics Forum... laugh

DF

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What if they found out that the matte finish was cheaper to produce.

How much of a premium would you be willing to pay for gloss...

I have no doubt that the matte finish is cheaper to produce than the gloss. But...........technology has advanced quite a bit in say the last 20 years. Throw some powder coat on one or something - just make it shiny. The custom shop can make darn near any color you want, and they're all the same price as the gloss black finish that was the standard for so long. As for how much I'd pay extra for gloss??? Hmm.....not much if any and sure as heck not $250.

There's a market out there for someone willing to put forth the effort.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mathman

I can see that. But what about that dang wide duplex? Is it really what people wanted?

In nine years of painstaking devotion to the forum, best I can recall there's been one guy who's said he likes it.... LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Trystan

I highly doubt Doug who is a major distributor of optics would have posted a thread on Leupold without certain criteria being met.

1. He would have had to talk with Leupold directly first and my guess is the conversation was about why his order for Leupold scopes was dwindling.

2. Doug and Leupold would have had to reach an agreement for Doug to approach campfire members because yes he is a major distributor and major distributors don't just start random threads discussing who there in business with

It's more than obvious Leupold is having a serious problem and if they don't get it sorted there future is at stake.

Trystan

You are truly a dumbphucqk.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Trystan

Trystan

You are truly a dumbphucqk.

Never difficult interrupting what Boomer is saying...😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
6x42, MQ reticle...make it fat for ‘boomer if you must.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 16bore
6x42, MQ reticle...make it fat for ‘boomer if you must.

FireDot MQ. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1936M71, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,527
Posts18,491,115
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.