Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by GregW
Leupold should have left it alone. They just lost more customers and made it worse.

Calling folks who shoot alot idiots for having issues with their scopes is not a good marketing strategy but that's what their marketing guy just said....

I have to agree. I have a bunch of Leupold scopes and mostly they have served me well for hunting. But the tracking is often inconsistent which can make zeroing a pain.

They seem to have no interest in addressing this. I have an SWFA 10x on an accurate AR-15 and it has no such problems. They seem to have themselves convinced that there are no tracking issues. This is no way to get more customers among serious shooters.

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Password = goldring

On next screen enter your name and email address

Next screen will say Live Event is off air but there is a link on the right side of the screen to the archive.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
As a long time fan I have to say, this effort by Leupold to establish credibility was a self inflicted wound. Sad to see this happen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That’s a tough position for them to be in. If a video of them confessing that scopes didn’t track was recorded tonight how long do you think they’d be employed? I think they did what they could do, which was stress to call them and talk to them about issues.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by woods_walker
As a long time fan I have to say, this effort by Leupold to establish credibility was a self inflicted wound. Sad to see this happen.

There's a lot of you brother.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
That’s a tough position for them to be in. If a video of them confessing that scopes didn’t track was recorded tonight how long do you think they’d be employed? I think they did what they could do, which was stress to call them and talk to them about issues.

I would’ve been cool with them just listening to the problems were having and saying they’d look into them... they didn’t care about listening as much as telling us why there were no problems.

Semper Fi
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I don't own a lot of Leupold stuff. I have a VX7 that's served me well thus far, but I set-and-forget it and don't dial it.

When they were planning to launch the VX6, it was supposed to come out in the spring. Makes sense for a hunting scope. I called. Yep, spring.

Then June. Then July, then September. I called several times to get an update because I was putting a rifle setup together and wanted a VX6 for it.

I got much of what we saw on that livestream in the personalized version on their sales/support line even way back then.

Finally I gave up and got the VX7 on a closeout from Midway.

As was said on the livestream by several members, I WANT to like Leupold. I was hoping to see something that made me feel better about them and their product.

I did not see anything that did that.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I got the impression the Leupold gentlemen are so saturated with company doctrine that they just don't get it, nor will they until they leave the company and actually do some serious shooting without Leupold propaganda running in their veins. I've had over 30 Leupold scopes and over half of them shift point of impact when the variable power ring is turned to another setting. It's a shame, I'd love to love their products.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Dang, I missed it!!! I didn't even know this went down until just now. Damn!! Being from Oregon, there are still a lot of people here that think Leupold is better than sliced bread. However, those people really don't shoot much, and they for damn sure don't dial and shoot further than point blank range. For some reason Leupold is convinced they don't have problems or they think they can just pull the wool over everyone's eyes. For those of us that shoot a lot, we know better. Generally when we have had multiple failures from Leupold or any other brand, we make the switch to a better product. By better I don't mean spending tons of money on glass either. SWFA is one that a lot of us go to because we know they offer reliable and accurate tracking with good solid internals. When we want to step up to a nice piece of glass with excellent tracking (like the SWFA), we look into Nightforce. It's just the way the cookie generally crumbles...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I absolutely love everything about the 6x42 except the reliability and the wide duplex. But, my failure rate over time of Leuopold scopes not holding zero to the point of moving 12" plus from shot-to-shot is probably 25-30 percent and none of them track. After fighting zero on a 6x42 after a long flight to Africa and using up 20 rounds to re-zero, I gave up on Leupolds and started voting elsewhere in the optics world with my money.

I bet I've had 50 Leupolds and love their features other than their quality is absolute junk---almost all of them. I hope they get it straightened out, but it would surprise me if they ever do.

Last edited by DesertMuleDeer; 07/09/19.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh well, at least y'all might get some special offers via email...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
After this fiasco, think I'll sell or throw away the Leupold products I have left, and never buy another.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
After this fiasco, think I'll sell or throw away the Leupold products I have left, and never buy another.

But they drop test them on an expensive machine.....

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Whoa big fella! Give me an addy and I’ll send a prepaid box you can toss all the shiny black ones in.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My rural connection is wreaking havoc...I heard up to the point that they wanted to address tracking; there is no problem; they have lots of cool stuff downstairs to measure the intricacies without variables induced like a firearm. What’s the readers digest version after that?

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Wow, didn't see that coming.... LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higbean
Rick and Doug,

I think we'd all appreciate hearing your thoughts on how that went.

Thanks,

Higgins

Again.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I'm hoping Rick is chewing some corporate ass right now and too busy to respond.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tracking is not a problem they have a really cool million dollar machine to check it............. smile
To be fair what did you expect? ya we have a problem and we are working on it? never gonna happen

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
S
SWJ Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I found it interesting that the first slide used to address their 3rd point (I believe) was labeled "Myth #5 Leupold scopes don't track well at 100 yards", about 9:50 min. Clearly, 24HR live stream wasn't the first time they have addressed tracking. Prior audience required a slick power point presentation. Sounds like Form is correct, the questions been asked before, just not answered or the problem addressed. Wonder what were myths #1 to #4?

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 63 invisible), 2,195 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,085
Posts18,521,874
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.