Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Originally Posted by UPhiker
It will be beat up some but if the country is to survive then the 2nd Amendment will survive. We must have faith in God.

Then why didn't He stop it?

God is testing the faithful, that is why.

The logic that follows that statement is that God caused it. God did not cause it, man's separation from God caused it. The question becomes why did not God intervene in this act. The fact is that if God interceded in every evil act of personal will there would be no personal will.

Contrary to popular belief, when The bible says 'made in our image he did not mean with arms, legs, eyes and ears. What actual use would God have of these things? What he means is a self determining will.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As a practical matter, overturning an amendment is an extremely heavy lift. It’s been done, but that was an overwhelmingly unpopular amendment. As long as you vote, it will be safe. Add the solid footing the SCOTUS is on and we’re good for some time.

Presidents come and go. The B of R remains. Recall that we voted for a SCOTUS in 2016 by voting for Trump. Certainly they will try to chip away at the 2nd, but they will not win. Stay in the fight.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
Hell, it's easier for a criminal to find what they want on the black market than from a dealer.
How about making a law "you shall not kill"? Oh wait, that was already done thousands of years ago. How about posting those laws in schools?

Or just go on producing video games that teach how to mass kill, and teach in school that life does not have any value, starting from when the life is inside the mother.

All good points.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
As a practical matter, overturning an amendment is an extremely heavy lift. It’s been done, but that was an overwhelmingly unpopular amendment. As long as you vote, it will be safe. Add the solid footing the SCOTUS is on and we’re good for some time.

Presidents come and go. The B of R remains. Recall that we voted for a SCOTUS in 2016 by voting for Trump. Certainly they will try to chip away at the 2nd, but they will not win. Stay in the fight.

That..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
"And then a bunch of libtard leaning states assist in ratifying the constitution."

What will happen when a state refuses to ratify a popular amendment? Same thing that happened to the 11th Texas legislature in 1866 when it refused to ratify the 13th and 14th amendments. A federal army General will enter the chambers and remove the whole legislative body under force of arms and install it’s own new legislators.

Precedence has already been established in several states. A bit dated, but established nonetheless.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Without a doubt the left wants to take away our guns. They are going about this in the slow approach. Each generation is being taught guns are terrible and no one needs one. At the point they feel they have the advantage, it will get ugly. I don't think the soldiers will all comply when the order comes. I see the dems bringing in the UN/ foreign soldiers to put down the revolt. We won't be fighting Americans, they won't have trouble shooting a neighbor, hunter or a farmer. To them we would all be the enemy. Dems will use or do anything no matter what. They themselves are pansies and would have someone else do their dirty work. If it was against them I would say cut food off, water and electricity and they would fall like a whores underpants

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Kingfisher: Just got home from a short trip and watched an hour of the enemy on messnbc, communist news network, and even cnn headlines news - they are in an absolute frenzy of hatred and lies regarding the President of the United States the N.R.A. and the Second Amendment!
It is shocking how deceitful and hateful they collectively are.
Stand by Second Amendment advocates this is gonna get serious, evil, nasty and prolonged!
I thought the lame stream media could not get anymore devious or deceitful - today I have been proven wrong!
They have gone completely beserk with lies, distortions and half truths plus the "name calling" (they refer to President Donald J. Trump as a "terrorist" and a "racist"!) ad nauseaum.
And their omission of pertinent facts is simply agenda driven.
Sad.
Hang on boys she's gonna get rough!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by kellory
The Right to Bare Arms predates the Bill of Rights.

Yep, wearing short sleeves is a God Given Right, LOL. grin

So sayeth Larry the Cable Guy. Amen. wink

Git R dun and GFY

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
[Linked Image]

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
VarmintGuy.....I watched and listened to normally conservative radio and TV shows today and even they are saying it is time to do something about so called "assault" weapons. I agree it is going to get rough.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by krupp
Originally Posted by jnyork
Within the next two weeks, you will see Congress recalled for a special session, the object of which will be the start of the movement to repeal the Second Amendment.

Dont think so? Watch.

I will take that bet. 457 shopping days till the next election the fallout will last for years. But maybe the Dims are that stupid.

Only a president can call a special joint session of congress and senate.

Repealing an amendment requires a 2/3 vote.

Who thinks...

1) Trump will call a special joint session of congress to repeal the 2nd amendment?

2) It would have 2/3 vote and pass?

Some of you need to calm down, catch your breath, quit watching CNN, have a beer, and climb down off the walls... grin

No, an amendment cannot be repealed, only superseded by a subsequent amendment. If 2/3 of BOTH houses pass amendment, it then goes to the states for ratification. Congress cannot amend the Constitution on it's own.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think you would get 33 states to ratify such an amendment. 19-20 maybe but not 33. I think the libs know that so they would never push from that direction. They need the courts to gut the amendment. With the balance of the court right now that is not likely to happen.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Armednfree
I don't think you would get 33 states to ratify such an amendment. 19-20 maybe but not 33. I think the libs know that so they would never push from that direction. They need the courts to gut the amendment. With the balance of the court right now that is not likely to happen.

The court is really just a couple of heartbeats from doing that, we really need to keep trump and the senate in 2020 to replace RGB and Beyer with someone a little more in support of the constitution. then we will have a little breathing room SCOTUS wise.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

😀 It takes 38 states to ratify a constitutional amendment not 33

Three-quarters of the states in the United States are required to ratify an amendment to the United States Constitution. Therefore, out of 50 states, 38 states or more are required. All the rules, regulations, and the process followed when making any alteration to the constitution is highlighted in Article Five of the United States Constitution. For any amendment to be done to the constitution, all the laid down procedures have to be followed without overlooking any.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Three-quarters of the states in the United States are required to ratify an amendment to the United States Constitution. Therefore, out of 50 states, 38 states or more are required. All the rules, regulations, and the process followed when making any alteration to the constitution is highlighted in Article Five of the United States Constitution. For any amendment to be done to the constitution, all the laid down procedures have to be followed without overlooking any.

I stand corrected. 2/3rds in a convention, 3/4ths otherwise.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Armednfree & Everyone else: I am not talking about the Second Amendment being "repealed" I am talking about more and more "laws" that eat away at our Second Amendment Rights like what has been happening slowly over the last 40 years but on an escalated pace/rate!
Its a horror show on all types of mainstream media today (T.V., radio, print www etc).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by UPhiker
It will be beat up some but if the country is to survive then the 2nd Amendment will survive. We must have faith in God.

Then why didn't He stop it?

God is testing the faithful, that is why.

The logic that follows that statement is that God caused it. God did not cause it, man's separation from God caused it. The question becomes why did not God intervene in this act. The fact is that if God interceded in every evil act of personal will there would be no personal will.

Contrary to popular belief, when The bible says 'made in our image he did not mean with arms, legs, eyes and ears. What actual use would God have of these things? What he means is a self determining will.

God is letting Satan have his way, for now. It will get a lot worse, then will come a dramatic change when man's depravity reaches it max. God didn't interfere with these shootings the same as he didn't interfere with Stalin, Hitler, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, or many other Satanic tyrants throughout history. Satan is running loose for now. For now.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Rock Chuck: I am not new to God's plan of letting man commit horrific acts on others (I dealt with Ted Bundy's handiwork on more than one occasion!)!
I am dealing in (asking about) mans inhumanity in using "politics" to subjugate other humans with opposing political views.
I'm not worried about Hitler and Genghis Kahn - they have gotten theirs, I am worried about chuckfuckyou schumer and nancy drugaddled pelosi taking away more and more of my Second Amendment Rights.
And sadly it appears that momentum for this nightmare is building.
Sadly the N.R.A. is weakened and in a rudderless mode.
Like I say this is a perfect storm for anti-Second Amendment politicos.
Sad.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Swifty52

I stand corrected. 2/3rds in a convention, 3/4ths otherwise.

Pickin nits, maybe. But it always takes 3/4 of the states to RATIFY an amendment. Just to call for a convention requires 2/3 of the states. This does not mean that whatever the convention proposes becomes law. The convention then can submit proposed amendments which, again, must be ratified by 3/4 of the states.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Sprint11: I guess the bottom line is be careful, VERY CAREFUL who you vote for!
Imagine, if you will, what the power mad, greedy, anti-American, bull dagger known as "the hildabeast" would be doing TODAY if she were President of the United States of America?
I guarantee the evil bitch would be destroying our Second Amendment rights, TODAY!
Thank God Donald J. Trump is the President of the United States of America.
Even darker times are on the horizon, I fear.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,357
Posts18,527,093
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.