Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dead is dead, no matter how traumatic the passing happens to be. There are a few people, ones like Jeffery Epstein, for instance, who should be worked over with a belt sander and forced to swim, laps in a vat of alcohol until they die of exhaustion, but I really don't wish that kind of final punishment on RBG. She just needs to croak, and soon.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I stated in my earlier post, I can't stand Ginsberg, and wish she was not sitting there on the SCOTUS. But, I do have sympathy for anyone suffering from cancer, and that includes people like her. It's a slow death, often painful, and it's hard on the family as well.

I watched my grandmother take her last breath....leukemia.

I watched my mother take her last breath......cancer of the pancreas.

I watched my younger brother take his last breath......oral cancer that had spread all over.

I am currently watching my best friend battle what appears to be an aggressive form of prostrate cancer.

I have to have blood work done every 4 months because I had a test show the potential of multiple myeloma developing.

So, yes, I have seen firsthand what cancer can do a person, and how it can radically change your outlook on life. It can happen to anyone of us, and that's why it's not something I take lightly.

There are a lot of people in this world that I don't like, including some on this site. There's no doubt that the world will be a better place when they are gone. But, I also believe that there are times when we need to keep our thoughts to ourselves, and just let things work themselves out. Ginsberg's days are numbered, it's just a matter of time now, and even though I won't shed a tear when she is gone, I believe in letting her die in peace.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JamesJr
As I stated in my earlier post, I can't stand Ginsberg, and wish she was not sitting there on the SCOTUS. But, I do have sympathy for anyone suffering from cancer, and that includes people like her. It's a slow death, often painful, and it's hard on the family as well.

I watched my younger brother take his last breath......oral cancer that had spread all over.

I am currently watching my best friend battle what appears to be an aggressive form of prostrate cancer.

I have to have blood work done every 4 months because I had a test show the potential of multiple myeloma developing.

So, yes, I have seen firsthand what cancer can do a person, and how it can radically change your outlook on life. It can happen to anyone of us, and that's why it's not something I take lightly.

There are a lot of people in this world that I don't like, including some on this site. There's no doubt that the world will be a better place when they are gone. But, I also believe that there are times when we need to keep our thoughts to ourselves, and just let things work themselves out. Ginsberg's days are numbered, it's just a matter of time now, and even though I won't shed a tear when she is gone, I believe in letting her die in peace.

She doesn't want to die in peace or she would step down. Knowing Trump is going to pick her replacement won't allow her to anyway.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pat85

She doesn't want to die in peace or she would step down. Knowing Trump is going to pick her replacement won't allow her to anyway.

I would be betting that is a particular type of angst.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Kagan and Sotomayor are gonna spend the bulk of their terms splitting the honor of writing the dissenting opinion.
Bet they get fed up and step down early to pursue endeavors where they can actually make a difference.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Kagan and Sotomayor are gonna spend the bulk of their terms splitting the honor of writing the dissenting opinion.
Bet they get fed up and step down early to pursue endeavors where they can actually make a difference.

Don't bet on it.

Roberts will help them if they get fatigued.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They are reporting that she's cancer free. Again.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Declared Cancer-Free, Again

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been cleared of pancreatic cancer after quietly undergoing outpatient treatment earlier this month, the U.S. Supreme Court announced Friday. The 86-year-old justice reportedly began three weeks of localized radiation therapy for a tumor on her pancreas on August 5, and according to her doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, the cancer does not appear to have spread.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/ruth-bader-ginsburg-cancer-free-after-tumor-treatment.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been cleared of pancreatic cancer after quietly undergoing outpatient treatment earlier this month, the U.S. Supreme Court announced Friday. The 86-year-old justice reportedly began three weeks of localized radiation therapy for a tumor on her pancreas on August 5, and according to her doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City, the cancer does not appear to have spread.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/ruth-bader-ginsburg-cancer-free-after-tumor-treatment.html

You have got to give it to her, she is a tough old bugger.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Don't bet on it.

Exactly!

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...anced-cases-to-provide-end-of-life-care/

It seems most news is missing a key part of the Supreme Court press release on the condition of Justice Ginsburg.

As part of her pancreatic cancer treatment a bile stent was placed.

From the press release today on Justice Ginsburg’s health.

This is important because a biliary stent is only installed if a tumor was large enough to cause blockage of the bile duct from the liver to the intestine.

It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer.

Again the stent is typically only used in advanced cases and often only surgery is done for early cases:

The are two types of stents often used, plastic and metal. Plastic ones only last about 3 months before needed to be replaced, thus doctors tend to use plastic ones in patients they do not expect to live more than 3 months (since they are more comfortable and cheaper).

Stents are often used in patients who are inoperable to provide end of life care.

Lastly, given Ginsburg’s tendency to imbibe alcohol in the daytime, one may suspect she has some form of dependency. In this case the prognosis is complicated greatly.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I'll agree with you 100%..........but any of the other liberals on the court would do exactly the same. They know that if Trump appoints someone, that person will be a Conservative.....on most issues, anyway......and they don't want that.

My point is this.....I think Ginsberg having cancer, and the fact that she won't step down, are two separate things. She wouldn't step down even if she didn't have cancer, and she was suffering from dementia, or Alzheimers, or anything else, and while any of those diseases would be bad, there's just something about cancer that's particularly nasty.

I'm just not one of those people who wish someone would hurry up and die that's suffering from cancer.....even though I won't shed a tear after she is gone, and will be glad to see her seat on the court vacant, with Trump given a chance to put a Conservative in.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I don't wish cancer on her, I just want the bitch to retire like a normal person would.

Wishing cancer on her isn’t what this is about. She has been battling forms of cancer for years now and if she dies, so what.

All this misplaced sympathy for an old woman that has screwed up millions of people’s lives is wasted on dear Ruth. She is no different than any lesser form of life that preys on the human condition with no compunction for her fellow man.

I can guarantee there are millions of Americans that have watched family members and loved ones die from the ravages of cancer but to apply the same emotion to a pathetic human being is nonsense.

The sooner she is gone, whether she dies or leaves the bench, the sooner her blight on all Americans will stop...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

False hope for the Lefties.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the lowliest magistrate to the state supreme court justices North Carolina has a MANDATORY retirement age of 72

That is at least a little bit of a safeguard against old ass , demented , terminally ill judges remaining in office when they have outlived their usefullness.

That RBG has not retired due to her illnesses and her advanced age proves her mental incompetence.

Problem is , short of impeachment there is no way to remove a SC justice , a glaring error in our Constitution.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Don't bet on it.

Nailed it. Roberts is perhaps the worst of the bunch.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Don't bet on it.

Nailed it. Roberts is perhaps the worst of the bunch.

If only they didn't have all that footage of him on Pedo Island.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (21, 35, 7887mm08, afisher, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 917 guests, and 843 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,978
Posts18,519,919
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.