Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Wife is going to take a cooler of salmon and caribou out to MT when she gets back from Spain and thence our remote cabin week(we got it covered alternatively frozen for a week in Fairbanks) That $26 dollar cooler from Fred Meyer, purchased 9 years ago and doing yeoman's duty to the Bush for 8 years, is on a one way trip...

Well, maybe not - we do drive out...... if they save it...

Last edited by las; 08/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i own a Yeti cooler yes these coolers are heavy and expensive but ice and frozen food do stay cold alot longer in a Yeti for me.i am glad i own one because when i am bowhunting in the mountains at least at base camp i still have some meat staying cold for up to 10 days as long as my Yeti cooler is in the shade with temps of 70 degrees during the day.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Way overpriced yuppie status symbol.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cotis
I interviewed with them in 2015 for a product development engineering manager position when my wife was in Austin and I was considering moving there. Figured why not switch industries while I was at it, go from medical device engineering - plates, screws, taylor spatial frame, etc. to outdoor stuff. Hell, the recently hired CEO to the company has the same background as me! The recruiter - from a 3rd party head hunter service - totally blew me off as not having any “outdoor brand experience” or some [bleep] like that. Only time in my life that an interview ended with the equivalent of “well [bleep] you too!”. It was surprisingly irritating and refreshing in the same day.

And Hell No, i won’t buy and Yeti [bleep]. RTIC all the way for me

And therein lies the problem with 3rd party headhunters having yeah-neah control over a qualified candidate. I can't tell you how many deadbeats I got stuck working with in high level IT mgmt positions because of this exact scenario.
They pick their exact schmoozer images with little concern or knowledge about the.professional requirements of the position.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Showdog75
They make good stuff. Everyone has copied them.

They were not the originators , not even close. Ever hear of IcyTek?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ive got a Yeti 65 , bought it about 7 years ago before the NRA crap came out and everyone copied them. No complaints, it has literally been on the back of my Tacoma the entire time. Other than fading out a little it looks just like when I bought it. Holds ice great, tough as hell . What more could you want.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by JMR40
Google "yeti butt"

I did, and found this. They seem to be pretty robust.

[Linked Image]

Try again

https://www.maxim.com/news/yeti-butt-instagram-trend-2016-9

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Don't bother with the "Roadie" sized cooler. It barely holds a 6-pack and a 10# bag of ice and if it does, it's too blooming awkward and heavy to carry with the fold over handle. Go the next size up with the two rope handles.

Yeti coolers are referred to as "Redneck Rolexes". Nobody really needs one, but it allows you to show everyone you have money to blow.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Coleman Extreme at about 1/10th the price keeps ice just as well.

No it wouldn't handle that fat obese gorilla sitting on it though.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You can watch a youtube vid comparing a yeti to a cheap igloo. the yeti actually won by a few hours over numerous days. If ice was $30 a bag I might consider a cooler that will hold it a small amt of time longer... I can buy a LOT of ice for what I save not owning a yeti.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
IC B3

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tikkanut

here ya go.......best $100 cooler you'll find.....

Walmart ships free........made in Utah !!!!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey/850043843

I have 2. While they were cheaper, there is a reason. They are cheaply made. The material used is not a hard plastic but a much softer plastic. There is a great deal of flex in the lids and quality control seems to be lacking. One of the gaskets broke the first time i used the cooler. I think I paid $99 each for the 50 qt. They work well, but they are no where near an Arctic or Yeti as far as toughness. Ice retention is good, but if I were to do it all over, I would get either the Arctic or the Ozark brands. Yeti's are way over priced.

JMO

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BLG
Originally Posted by tikkanut

here ya go.......best $100 cooler you'll find.....

Walmart ships free........made in Utah !!!!!!!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey/850043843

I have 2. While they were cheaper, there is a reason. They are cheaply made. The material used is not a hard plastic but a much softer plastic. There is a great deal of flex in the lids and quality control seems to be lacking. One of the gaskets broke the first time i used the cooler. I think I paid $99 each for the 50 qt. They work well, but they are no where near an Arctic or Yeti as far as toughness. Ice retention is good, but if I were to do it all over, I would get either the Arctic or the Ozark brands. Yeti's are way over priced.

JMO

Clyde

My brother was filling up his work truck at a mobil station in Florida. There is a train track about 100 feet from the gas station, A guy in a work truck was in a rush to go somewhere and his Cheap Walmart Cooler flew out and landed on the tracks. My brother drove home and saw it laying there, it was full of ice and beer and other then a scuff not a mark on it. It holds ice almost as well as his icy teks(which have no peer) . If that is not tough enough punishment for a cheap cooler I don't know what is.

In currently made coolers a Yeti cannot even come close to a Pelican. I have a 75QT one that can probably survive an atomic bomb last

W
wat Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Ive had a yeti 45 for a couple years and its a nice coolers and works fairly well, but i wouldnt go out and buy another. On the other hand, the soft coolers / bags that they make work very well i have several friends that have them and ive been impressed. Id definitely put the money down to buy one.

Have the RTIC 30 soft cooler and it held up for about 2 years but now its literally starting to come apart at the seams, would not recommend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeti Tundra (hard) Coolers are USA Made. Their soft coolers are Chinese made.

Rtic is Chinese made.

Orca is probably the "best" cooler out there. USA Made. https://orcacoolers.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIheGfutqg5AIVEbvsCh3LSAW-EAAYASAAEgLKgvD_BwE

I have a friend that regularly rafts rivers in the USA and Canada for up to a month at a time. He has about every cooler made. He maintains Orca is the best out there, better than Yeti or Rtic.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Here's a good comparison of 10 different brands of coolers. Yeti doesn't win. They have their reviews HERE

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Yetis are great and do hold ice a long time, but today I got 6 Coleman stainless coolers at a garage sale for $10.00 each...

[Linked Image]

now thats a deal !

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I won a YETI 48 full of bottles of whiskey.......works for me!

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Wow, there is a lot of hate for Yeti here!

If you use a cooler a few weekends a year, buy a Igloo or Coleman. If you use it daily a Yeti or one of their competitors will pay for itself. Both in ice savings and service life.

lightman
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Yeti f a g s....
Nuff said.

Last edited by fester; 08/26/19.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
My wife is a f a g......

She has a couple ramblers.....

Lesbian.....🤣

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 2,108 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,260
Posts18,504,811
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.