Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by WTF
Originally Posted by jnyork
Be sure to buy plenty of fence wire, posts and "no trespassing" signs eek

You noticed that too ?

I would. Too many self important azzholes that think they have some right to hunt my property without even asking first. We call 'em "trespassers". (Still can't figure out why there is no open season for 'em yet.)
You might look into a solar powered electric fence system for it as well, and make sure to wire it to the "no trespassing signs, to remind folks to leave your signs alone as well. I would suggest locking gates at access points while you're at it. (Can you tell I don't like trespassers? If you don't have the courtesy to even ask, the answer is always NO. )

You missed the point.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
He's trolling.

But in the spirit of brotherhood I'll give my unwarranted $.02. I don't really agree with folks living in one state and owning recreational property in another. It's one thing to have a vacation home or whatever. But then the scams come in with residency and resident tags and taxes et al. If it's so grand then [bleep] live there. Property taxes on non resident owners should be in my humble opinion of many orders of magnitude higher than them that actually live there. Cali aside, same holds true anywhere. There many examples out there where local folk born and bred can't afford to buy a house in the town they grew up in, simply because the price of real estate has gotten retarded from shidt eating [bleep] that make bank in a high cost of living area, then retire and bring there out of state money and politics with them to their "rural paradise" that they then turn into mini______ .

Not a popular sentiment I know, but I'll back it.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
He's trolling.

But in the spirit of brotherhood I'll give my unwarranted $.02. I don't really agree with folks living in one state and owning recreational property in another. It's one thing to have a vacation home or whatever. But then the scams come in with residency and resident tags and taxes et al. If it's so grand then [bleep] live there. Property taxes on non resident owners should be in my humble opinion of many orders of magnitude higher than them that actually live there. Cali aside, same holds true anywhere. There many examples out there where local folk born and bred can't afford to buy a house in the town they grew up in, simply because the price of real estate has gotten retarded from shidt eating [bleep] that make bank in a high cost of living area, then retire and bring there out of state money and politics with them to their "rural paradise" that they then turn into mini______ .

You're right, every major league sports figure should live where they work too, no more traveling for games, they can just phone it in and work from home..... right,?

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's trolling.

As much as Montanans claim to hate Californians, I am really surprised nothing has been done regarding carpet baggers and property taxes.

As I've been told, it aint just locals not being able to afford houses where they grew up (happens everywhere) but locals having to get a second or third job to afford the property taxes on the family homestead after someone pays high dollar for a place down the street.

Seems you folks would wanna pass laws that prevent higher taxes, but apparently not?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's trolling.

Reckon we're guilty of just that you speak. Waaay back when my sister was NCAA and FIS competitive we bought a place in Squaw Valley so she could experience/train on diametrically different snow than we get here. Met lots of locals who couldn't afford to ski or live locally, or certainly not on the lake. Sold it after 12 years for a freaking obscene profit...and brought that money back home to Idaho, where we are now six generations, been here since 1904... I killed some nice deer and bear there, and don't apologize for it a bit.

So, is me investing money in California, all the while working for conservatism and Constitutionalism, the same as liberal sleazebags buying here in my state, or in yours, trying to bring their values the same as I did back then?

To me the answer boils down to the fight. I believe I'm right so have no guilt. "They" think I'm wrong so have no guilt.

That many, even here, don't realize the depth and importance of that fight, and are apologetic to the enemy makes me hang my head. I read on here where guys say their wives, siblings, etc are liberals, and they put that blood or friendship before ideology...and I fear we may be lost...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Like vampires, ya wanna keep a low profile.

Buy a place where you want and STFU! Or lie.

Friends of mine, when they started traveling (Club Med the first couple years). learned on their first trip to tell fellow travelers that they were from New Jersey. If they told them "Alaska", the questions never ended.... New Jersey? ,.... not one further question... smile

Last edited by las; 09/12/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Up North for sure, bigger bucks

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can buy whatever property you want wherever you want, but, be aware that, in Wyoming, you will be considered a nonresident for hunting purposes until you are domiciled and have continually resided in Wyoming for 365 consecutive days (90 days for active duty military stationed here). So, there won't be any advantage other than owning an asset unless you actually move here. That means higher license fees, having to draw for just about everything, and lower odds. You also can't hunt in a wilderness area without a guide.

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Am-I-a-Wyoming-Resident:

Can I apply for a Resident License?
To qualify for any resident game and fish license, preference point, permit or tag, a person shall be domiciled and shall physically reside in Wyoming for one (1) full year (365 consecutive days) immediately preceding the date the person applies for or purchases the license, preference point, permit or tag and the person shall not have claimed residency elsewhere for any other purpose (including, but not limited to, voting, payment of income taxes, purchase of resident hunting, fishing or trapping licenses, etc.) during that one (1) year period.

Any active duty member of the armed forces of the United States who has been stationed in Wyoming for ninety (90) days shall qualify for resident licenses so long as the member remains stationed in Wyoming.

I am not familiar with landowner tag rules, and whether they apply to nonresidents, but they require an amount of land that could get expensive, there are a lot of rules, and they are limited to the particular land to which they apply. That is its own research project.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To answer the OP without getting into what his/her personal politics may be, I would do what you suggested if I were in your position.

From a personal standpoint and to be an a-hole I will say two things. First, please, please don't bring any more liberalism to my state. Second, most people here don't use "than" and "then" synonymously. Some do, most don't. I guess a third thing as a corollary to my first. If you are conservative, please, please come here and help.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Higbean

As much as Montanans claim to hate Californians, I am really surprised nothing has been done regarding carpet baggers and property taxes.

As I've been told, it aint just locals not being able to afford houses where they grew up (happens everywhere) but locals having to get a second or third job to afford the property taxes on the family homestead after someone pays high dollar for a place down the street.

Seems you folks would wanna pass laws that prevent higher taxes, but apparently not?

Not just Cali, but it is low hanging fruit smile. Money talks. The towns see dollar signs when taxes go up, and they don't seem to give a phugg about anything else. That's why so many areas are getting so very congested, over built, and too expensive for most to live.

Originally Posted by kellory

You're right, every major league sports figure should live where they work too, no more traveling for games, they can just phone it in and work from home..... right,?

You truly are retarded. I don't follow any pro sports and haven't since I was a kid. Roid monsters getting millions to play a game lol. But for arguments sake, if a player was signed to a team, why wouldn't they live in the locale that hired them?

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Reckon we're guilty of just that you speak. Waaay back when my sister was NCAA and FIS competitive we bought a place in Squaw Valley so she could experience/train on diametrically different snow than we get here. Met lots of locals who couldn't afford to ski or live locally, or certainly not on the lake. Sold it after 12 years for a freaking obscene profit...and brought that money back home to Idaho, where we are now six generations, been here since 1904... I killed some nice deer and bear there, and don't apologize for it a bit.

So, is me investing money in California, all the while working for conservatism and Constitutionalism, the same as liberal sleazebags buying here in my state, or in yours, trying to bring their values the same as I did back then?

To me the answer boils down to the fight. I believe I'm right so have no guilt. "They" think I'm wrong so have no guilt.

That many, even here, don't realize the depth and importance of that fight, and are apologetic to the enemy makes me hang my head. I read on here where guys say their wives, siblings, etc are liberals, and they put that blood or friendship before ideology...and I fear we may be lost...

Congratulations on your investment?

I'm not saying it should be illegal, just taxed at an astronomical rate.

MAGA
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by double_LUNG_em
Hey guys so I’m a general contractor and I live in sf bay California. I hate the politics and the people and the hunting sucks but it’s hard to argue with the money you make here. We have a small property here in California and we have horses on it which is pretty awesome. My dads buddy owns a hunting property in Idaho but lives and runs his own company in California so he can work here most months but during elk and deer season he stays in Idaho and just runs the business from there. I was thinking about trying to do the same thing but in Montana or Wyoming and than just hiring a ranch foreman to look after the property and my livestock when I’m in California working. Than since I make California money I can live a comfortable life but go out there regularly and be there for most of hunting season. What do you guys think of this plan? I will eventually move to that property but while I’m young and still can work hard and make money I think I should. Do any of you guys do this?

Holy Crap!

You are on the wrong site for this post.

On the other hand it has led to some very amusing posts.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm going to assume you guys don't work for the Welcome Wagon.

Guess how many fingers I'm holding up.

I sure don't mind folks (like you) moving here that want to leave the politics of California behind them, and live and vote to keep those policies away. I even welcome them.

But by and large that hasn't been the case. They fugg up one place, then move to the next to escape it, and be damned if they don't fugg the new place all up to, by making it just like where they came from.

It's not just California either.

I've seen it happen from all the illegals too. Move here from Mexico and then make it just like where they came from... crazy

rock, I hear ya. We've got so many NY'ers moving down here right now, it's incredible. I often run into them at the Mom & Pop lunch spots I like to frequent.

They always have a lot of questions. I used to just politely answer them and go about my business. I stopped doing that a while back.

Now, I ALWAYS include a sidebar conversation about not bringing the idiot politics and ideologies they're running from to my backyard.

Wish I had a photo album of all the deer in the headlights from THOSE conversations. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Hey guys so I’m a general contractor and I live in sf bay California. I hate the politics and the people and the hunting sucks but it’s hard to argue with the money you make here. We have a small property here in California and we have horses on it which is pretty awesome. My dads buddy owns a hunting property in Idaho but lives and runs his own company in California so he can work here most months but during elk and deer season he stays in Idaho and just runs the business from there. I was thinking about trying to do the same thing but in Montana or Wyoming and than just hiring a ranch foreman to look after the property and my livestock when I’m in California working. Than since I make California money I can live a comfortable life but go out there regularly and be there for most of hunting season. What do you guys think of this plan? I will eventually move to that property but while I’m young and still can work hard and make money I think I should. Do any of you guys do this?

Holy Crap!

You are on the wrong site for this post.

On the other hand it has led to some very amusing posts.

This is true.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tired of all the Californians moving here and the other western states. As soon as they land they start telling everyone how its done in California and that it should be here. This is the reason our State is bright blue, same with Western Montana and southern Idaho. If California is so great stay there making all that money, you'll need it to survive!

Last edited by Switch; 09/13/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J

I am pretty sure that if you are not a resident of MT even if you own property here you still have to apply for tags as a non resident. So your tags are not guaranteed, even for deer and elk. However, it usually isn't a problem drawing those tags for non residents if you are looking at a general tag. What we would call an over the counter tag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While increasing property tax rates for out of state landowners sounds good, I can't support ANY property tax for US citizens.

My issue is more with foreign nationals buying property in America. The PNW is slap full of Chinese that are hiding money over here and snatching up property left and right. It's had a pretty big impact on home values out here. Nice for me and others that got in during the recession, but other young folk are fugged.

How much of Texas is owned by foreigners? Montana?

Last edited by MadMooner; 09/13/19.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Agree OP is probably trolling.

That said Idaho YOUR FÛCKED, LOL

You been the number 1 inbound migration and population growth State for several years now.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever you can afford to do. Do it. You only go around once. No regrets.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Good grief....not this schit again.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good grief....not this schit again.

Calm down Charlie Brown.

MAGA
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.