Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good grief....not this schit again.

Calm down Charlie Brown.

Haha!

Wonder how long it will take him to change his screen name and ask all the same questions again??

I am MAGA.
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
While increasing property tax rates for out of state landowners sounds good, I can't support ANY property tax for US citizens.

My issue is more with foreign nationals buying property in America. The PNW is slap full of Chinese that are hiding money over here and snatching up property left and right. It's had a pretty big impact on home values out here. Nice for me and others that got in during the recession, but other young folk are fugged.

How much of Texas is owned by foreigners? Montana?

Non-citizens should not be allowed to own any property in the U.S. I couldn't agree more.

You are right, in that property taxes are abhorrent and I'd like to see them abolished too. You never really own it if the government can take it back for failure to pay taxes. My post was simply an idea to work within the framework that already exists to quell a problem. And though it's a view I genuinely hold, I thought maybe it'd poke some eyes. smile

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good grief....not this schit again.

Calm down Charlie Brown.

Haha!

Wonder how long it will take him to change his screen name and ask all the same questions again??

Good question. Might depend how many get spun up on this one lol.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Denver is like LA now. Full of democrats screwing up the state laws. People crapping on the sidewalks. Drugs and homeless all over. They have magazine restrictions. They want to shut down hunting. They want wolves in the state here too. Just a few problems brought here. The latest is the sex education brought to schools in grades 1-6 about lesbians, gays and transvestites Denver has enough people voting to control the state. And that doesn't count the illegal sanctuary city problems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Agree OP is probably trolling.

That said Idaho YOUR FÛCKED, LOL

You been the number 1 inbound migration and population growth State for several years now.

You got that right.

Fortunately (for me) the majority of that influx of west coast "conservatives" is in southern ID.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Denver is like LA now. Full of democrats screwing up the state laws. People crapping on the sidewalks. Drugs and homeless all over. They have magazine restrictions. They want to shut down hunting. They want wolves in the state here too. Just a few problems brought here. The latest is the sex education brought to schools in grades 1-6 about lesbians, gays and transvestites Denver has enough people voting to control the state. And that doesn't count the illegal sanctuary city problems.

As one who travels to Colorado regularly, it has been very sad to see this devolution. It's like they got done with Portland and Seattle and then decided, "let's do the same to Denver". It is very sad. I have always maintained that if they divided the U.S. in half and forced the conservatives to live in one half and the liberals to live in the other half and allowed them to run things as they chose, two things would happen. First, people in the liberal side would start migrating to the conservative side. Second, those migrants from the liberal side to the conservative side would immediately start trying to change the conservative side to be like the liberal side was. Oh, a third thing would happen, people on the conservative side would stay put.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean

As much as Montanans claim to hate Californians, I am really surprised nothing has been done regarding carpet baggers and property taxes.

As I've been told, it aint just locals not being able to afford houses where they grew up (happens everywhere) but locals having to get a second or third job to afford the property taxes on the family homestead after someone pays high dollar for a place down the street.

Seems you folks would wanna pass laws that prevent higher taxes, but apparently not?

Not just Cali, but it is low hanging fruit smile. Money talks. The towns see dollar signs when taxes go up, and they don't seem to give a phugg about anything else. That's why so many areas are getting so very congested, over built, and too expensive for most to live.

Originally Posted by kellory

You're right, every major league sports figure should live where they work too, no more traveling for games, they can just phone it in and work from home..... right,?

You truly are retarded. I don't follow any pro sports and haven't since I was a kid. Roid monsters getting millions to play a game lol. But for arguments sake, if a player was signed to a team, why wouldn't they live in the locale that hired them?

Originally Posted by Journeyman

Reckon we're guilty of just that you speak. Waaay back when my sister was NCAA and FIS competitive we bought a place in Squaw Valley so she could experience/train on diametrically different snow than we get here. Met lots of locals who couldn't afford to ski or live locally, or certainly not on the lake. Sold it after 12 years for a freaking obscene profit...and brought that money back home to Idaho, where we are now six generations, been here since 1904... I killed some nice deer and bear there, and don't apologize for it a bit.

So, is me investing money in California, all the while working for conservatism and Constitutionalism, the same as liberal sleazebags buying here in my state, or in yours, trying to bring their values the same as I did back then?

To me the answer boils down to the fight. I believe I'm right so have no guilt. "They" think I'm wrong so have no guilt.

That many, even here, don't realize the depth and importance of that fight, and are apologetic to the enemy makes me hang my head. I read on here where guys say their wives, siblings, etc are liberals, and they put that blood or friendship before ideology...and I fear we may be lost...

Congratulations on your investment?

I'm not saying it should be illegal, just taxed at an astronomical rate.

You missed my sarcastic point. They have to pay taxes where they earn the money, and at "home". He may already be paying double taxes, and you want him to pay even more of his "fair share". That's hypocritical.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Somehow I knew this thread wasn't going to end well for ol double lung.

Experience talking?

Probably still some folks there PO'd at you buying up that nice place with all that NV money. wink

Fortunately for us, they probably are happy my wife and I settled here in this part of Cali. Population has been stable to decreasing for years. We brought money from some of the several (5-6?) states we've lived in since we graduated from college years ago.

Sure seems like there's some relatively Anti-American thinking going on here. Man has money to spend, last I checked it's a freedom loving country, an association of entities called States with rules that allow free movement of citizens and commerce between them, no?

I certainly understand whoever it was that mentioned AZ "conservatives" doing all they can to turn their state into what they don't like. They love the money that comes with all that growth they propose and support, but don't like it when the folks with money show up and try to make it to their liking.

To the OP, if you're for real, and not a troll as some suggest, do what you need to do after researching it.

Because I love the desert, love AZ and like to hunt and fish there, if I was richer than I am I'd probably buy 40 acres outside a small community and put a trailer out there so I could escape here when I need to. And if I was really rich I'd buy some land back where the whitetail rats and feral hogs are so I could hunt more often than living out here in the west where tags are sometimes hard to come by.

America, gotta love it....................and all the free thinking that comes with it.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You been the number 1 inbound migration and population growth State for several years now.

You got that right.

Fortunately (for me) the majority of that influx of west coast "conservatives" is in southern ID.

Calguns.net is littered with Kali ex-pats that moved to the Gem state.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You got that right.

I have no doubt that it is but I don't think you'll argue the fact that areas west coasters (notice I didn't single out Californians) migrate to become more liberal.

Or do you think the residents of CO, ID, MT, WY, TX, etc are just making that chit up?

Sucks for the good guys trying to escape but it's the reality of the situation.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Caliotoeians love it when their chit is smeared into other places.
For the most part they don't really want to escape it, they like to bring it with them

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Caliotoeians love it when their chit is smeared into other places.
For the most part they don't really want to escape it, they like to bring it with them

I'd have to admit, you have that correct. Some just cannot shut they're mouths, keep they're politics and ideals to themselves. Then, you have some that simply, seamlessly fit right in. And don't bother anyone. Just want to be left alone.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Right now I am splitting my time between CA and MT. I'd be in MT full time but for my parents, who are in a nursing home in the Bay Area, so I have to be in CA a lot to help them.

Whether or not OP was trolling, the question is one I faced a few years ago. I ended up buying the land and having a hunting cabin built. For the first year, I flew to Montana about once a month for hunting and just enjoying freedom. The problem was that the more time I spent in Montana, the less I wanted to be in California and we ended up buying a house in Bozeman (I know, but we got a great deal on a beautiful old house that my wife fell in love with), then a vehicle for when we're in Montana, then all the furniture for the house, etc.

The point being, the odds of saving money by having hunting land in Montana while still living in CA are very low. Between travel costs and all the other expenses of maintaining two residences in different states, you ain't gonna come out ahead financially.

Also, while I hate CA for many things, there's still acceptable hunting opportunities in the state. My cousins live up near Lake Shasta and they do pretty well with deer hunting and fishing, all on public land. The state still makes life difficult for sportsmen, but all in all, they have good lives (thanks, in large part, to local government refusing to abide by the more draconian nonsense that the state pushes, such as CCW issuances). If I were planning to continue living and working in CA (which I'm not), I'd save the money that the OP intends to use to buy land in MT/WY and use it for out of state tag fees and maybe even guided hunts.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agree OP is probably trolling. That said Idaho YOUR FÛCKED, LOL You been the number 1 inbound migration and population growth State for several years now.
You got that right.Fortunately (for me) the majority of that influx of west coast "conservatives" is in southern ID.
I have no doubt that it is but I don't think you'll argue the fact that areas west coasters (notice I didn't single out Californians) migrate to become more liberal. Or do you think the residents of CO, ID, MT, WY, TX, etc are just making that chit up? Sucks for the good guys trying to escape but it's the reality of the situation.

There is an element of that argument which is undeniable.

Its very easy though for born and bred locals to blame transplants for their problems when its actually a cultural liberalism which over long periods of time that have infected all parts of our institutions yes even in steadfast conservative strongholds.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agree OP is probably trolling. That said Idaho YOUR FÛCKED, LOL You been the number 1 inbound migration and population growth State for several years now.
You got that right.Fortunately (for me) the majority of that influx of west coast "conservatives" is in southern ID.
I have no doubt that it is but I don't think you'll argue the fact that areas west coasters (notice I didn't single out Californians) migrate to become more liberal. Or do you think the residents of CO, ID, MT, WY, TX, etc are just making that chit up? Sucks for the good guys trying to escape but it's the reality of the situation.

There is an element of that argument which is undeniable.

Its very easy though for born and bred locals to blame transplants for their problems when its actually a cultural liberalism which over long periods of time that have infected all parts of our institutions yes even in steadfast conservative strongholds.

No argument what so ever about the slow liberal drip drip drip in our institutions.

It does seem that the influx tends to speed things up though.

It's complex........too hard for me to sort out so I mostly stay home and drink and eat cheese these days. grin

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Somehow I knew this thread wasn't going to end well for ol double lung.

Experience talking?

Probably still some folks there PO'd at you buying up that nice place with all that NV money. wink

Fortunately for us, they probably are happy my wife and I settled here in this part of Cali. Population has been stable to decreasing for years. We brought money from some of the several (5-6?) states we've lived in since we graduated from college years ago.

Sure seems like there's some relatively Anti-American thinking going on here. Man has money to spend, last I checked it's a freedom loving country, an association of entities called States with rules that allow free movement of citizens and commerce between them, no?

I certainly understand whoever it was that mentioned AZ "conservatives" doing all they can to turn their state into what they don't like. They love the money that comes with all that growth they propose and support, but don't like it when the folks with money show up and try to make it to their liking.

To the OP, if you're for real, and not a troll as some suggest, do what you need to do after researching it.

Because I love the desert, love AZ and like to hunt and fish there, if I was richer than I am I'd probably buy 40 acres outside a small community and put a trailer out there so I could escape here when I need to. And if I was really rich I'd buy some land back where the whitetail rats and feral hogs are so I could hunt more often than living out here in the west where tags are sometimes hard to come by.

America, gotta love it....................and all the free thinking that comes with it.

Geno

If you don't mind, please expound on what Anti-American thinking is going on thus far pre-dating your post.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
BGG,
Hope all is well up there. Not trying to offend anyone, just certain attitudes hit me as incongruent with American ideals, as I understand them.

Telling a person not to spend his "California" money on an item he wants (land) in another member State of the Union seems to me to be a bit Anti- American. Of course, speaking one's mind is as American as can be too.

Should he not have the right to spend his money where he wants?

I see the point some are making about foreigners investing in American land, but not a fellow American.

Free movement between the states, for business and pleasure, seems to be one of those things I learned about in history classes. No need for "papers" etc. I think the line of thinking I'm describing helped settle this country, no? Folks buying or homesteading land in another State or Territory and bringing their upbringing and customs with them perhaps should be tolerated at least?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Well said, FatCity.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
BGG,
Hope all is well up there. Not trying to offend anyone, just certain attitudes hit me as incongruent with American ideals, as I understand them.

Telling a person not to spend his "California" money on an item he wants (land) in another member State of the Union seems to me to be a bit Anti- American. Of course, speaking one's mind is as American as can be too.

Should he not have the right to spend his money where he wants?

I see the point some are making about foreigners investing in American land, but not a fellow American.

Free movement between the states, for business and pleasure, seems to be one of those things I learned about in history classes. No need for "papers" etc. I think the line of thinking I'm describing helped settle this country, no? Folks buying or homesteading land in another State or Territory and bringing their upbringing and customs with them perhaps should be tolerated at least?

Geno

All is exceedingly well Geno, hope your high desert bit o' real estate is treating you well today. FWIW no offense taken here at all. I enjoy fleshing out arguments among friends.

Any of us (American citizens that is) can and should be able to spend out hard or easy earned dollars any way we see fit. I did not say otherwise. My contention (and I tried to make a point not to single Cali out as I know how sensitive you gals are smile ) is simply that if a guy/gal wants there little slice of rural heaven, then cool. Live there. Oh, you mean the winters are cold? Or the summers are hot? Or maybe it's fit for a weekend here or there but certainly not to live full time as there aren't enough or the right kind of stores there? Then bugger off. If it's that magical, that amazing then simply live there. If you are unwilling, then I guess it ain't so magical eh?

Otherwise what happens is absentee owners come in with out of state money, drive the price up on real estate (because although it's a pittance compared to where they live and work it's higher than local wages can afford), and voila you have a shidty situation. I'm not local to this area, or even this state. My kids are though, and I have trouble seeing a way for them to be able to afford to live here, if they so choose.

I'm sure there's several hundred holes in my position, and I'm willing to hear the other point of view.

MAGA
W
WTF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

This ^^^
They dont only screw up the politics.

Last edited by WTF; 09/13/19.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

668 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,831
Posts18,517,019
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.