Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
There is book "Unintended Consequences". I think that will happen.

Good book.............I have a copy, and have read it a few times.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I enjoyed it a lot until it became gratuitously violent. I got to where Henry and that girl tortured the politician, then quit reading.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I enjoyed it a lot until it became gratuitously violent. I got to where Henry and that girl tortured the politician, then quit reading.

Just when things got fun and interesting...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yeah, the book had a few rather weird spots, but for the most part was good.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

TRH............please don't get mad, but I just have to do this......suppose the politician had been a Jew?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bobmn
Pugs: You ask "What do I know?".Seeing as you are an officer and a gentlemen, please allow me to give you the gouge on a few topics no one covered at Uncle Sam's Canoe Club or ROTC or AOCS.
During the Bonus March McCarther lead the infantry charge while Patton supported him with tanks when they attacked women and children on Anocosta Flats. Eisenhower had this to say: "During the military operation, Major Dwight D. Eisenhower, later the 34th president of the United States, served as one of MacArthur's junior aides.[23] Believing it wrong for the Army's highest-ranking officer to lead an action against fellow American war veterans, he strongly advised MacArthur against taking any public role: "I told that dumb son-of-a-bitch not to go down there," he said later. "I told him it was no place for the Chief of Staff." [24] Despite his misgivings, Eisenhower later wrote the Army's official incident report that endorsed MacArthur's conduct.[25]" Cover the CO's azz. Sound familiar?
During the Battle of Blair Mountain (West Virginia 1921) Billy Mitchell lead a flight of Army Martin B1 bombers that dropped WW I bombs on coal miners on August 29, 1921.
Fort Sheridan on the shores of Lake Michigan just north of Chicago was built by the Army to house federal troops because the rich folk of Chicago were uneasy due to the Pullman Strike of 1894 and the Haymarket Riot of 1886
During the Minneapolis General Strike of 1934 police killed 2 and wounded 67 with buckshot.
I disagree with your conclusions. My opinion is that you only need to offer some police officers a little overtime or promise some military officers a good fitness report and there will be a long line of volunteers stacked up in front of your front door when the time comes.

As a more than casual student of military history I am well aware of examples of the military being used in violation of Posse Comitatus in the past however I believe that there are far more training, controls and scrutiny since 1945 than the incidents you cite of almost a century ago. As I noted earlier, the defense "just following orders" died in WW-II and every soldier, sailor and airman knows it and knows their obligation wrt lawful and unlawful orders.

By the way, there is zero evidence that Martin B-10's were deployed by Mitchell to bomb citizens. They were used for observation only. The aerial bombings were via private planes. As far as police, I can't speak to it. The one's I know are great guys and very much not going to participate in such actions.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Mine is based on my training and experience.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I hope you're right but I'm not optimistic.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No, I enjoyed the part where he shoots down the ATF helicopter.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

KOTY gold right there...I dislike the ATF as much as the next guy (I actually had to deal w those [bleep]), but a shoot down?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI

KOTY gold right there...I dislike the ATF as much as the next guy (I actually had to deal w those [bleep]), but a shoot down?

Read the book. It's a dystopian novel where the ATF routinely tortures gun owners who didn't turn in their guns.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Enemies Foreign and Domestic is a good one, too.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a LOT of people that are confused about exactly who the boss is.

Many, many people firmly believe that the govt is in charge of, and is the ultimate ruler and controller of the People.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
And there was Kent State, Ruby Ridge, Waco, the Bundy stand off........

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Read the book. It's a dystopian novel where the ATF routinely tortures gun owners who didn't turn in their guns.

No thanks, but I recognize we both made our valid points and deduct your post from your KOTY account ..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Not if they're smart.

They are trained to obey orders.

Most will do just that.

This.

Do not for one second fall into the trap believing that the military and LEO's are freedom loving folks, who cherish the SA rights, and will not allow a tyrant to confiscate our guns. Most are nothing but a bunch of dumbazz sheep who will follow right along with whatever the government tells them to do.

Just for the sake of perspective James, have you ever been in the US military or served as a sworn LE?

mike r

I have not.......but I don't have to know that the military and the biggest majority of the LEO's are trained to take orders.......period. That is especially true with the military.

Did you read this somewhere?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If this is such a fuggin forgone conclusion......why the fugg has it not happened yet?

The Dems are merely allowing us to flap in the wind?

Ample opportunity to have accomplished this task in the past.......frogsnacks.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

No thanks, but I recognize we both made our valid points and deduct your post from your KOTY account ..

The notion that I have a "KOTY account" is a mere figment of your fevered imagination, and that of a small cadre of your ilk here at the Fire.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If this is such a fuggin forgone conclusion......why the fugg has it not happened yet?

The Dems are merely allowing us to flap in the wind?

Ample opportunity to have accomplished this task in the past.......frogsnacks.

Public opinion.

It's an all out concerted effort to sway public opinion and vilify gun owners to the point that public opinion supports gun confiscation.

An all out push back from our side to that, with our Constitution in hand is why it hasn't happened yet.

But the more lies and propaganda that gets told daily, and the more emotional responses to mass shooter events strengthen their side, and weaken ours... Especially when you throw in the turmoil of the NRA.

If we let up for one minute that will snatch our guns faster than your frog can fart. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pugs: I wonder where the bombs used by private planes came from? Regarding recency does the name Lon Horiuchi ring a bell?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The notion that I have a "KOTY account" is a mere figment of your fevered imagination, and that of a small cadre of your ilk here at the Fire.

Would you like to start a poll? and what "ilk" might that be?

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (160user, 12344mag, 338rcm, 06hunter59, 270cowboy, 1lesfox, 27 invisible), 1,149 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,847
Posts18,517,442
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.