You guys should try pot.
How is it?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Esox357
Bull [bleep], i know plenty military and leos. An unlawful order is still unlawful. I know many who would not enforce it.

It all depends on what dept head is giving the orders.

Kinda like when the mayor of a liberal city instructs the police chief to not arrest black protestors or Antifa.

We all know that goes on. It has even gotten people seriously hurt and even killed.

Did we hear even one story of any of those police chiefs quitting, or multiple officers walking out and defying those orders?

I didn't think so...

Your local sheriff in a conservative county probably won't enforce illegal orders, but I wouldn't bet the farm that police in liberal cities wouldn't.

THIS. My Sheriff declared my county a "Gun Sanctuary" county. I'm good. Others an hour away will not be so good...
You're good until either another Sheriff gets elected or another LE agency, more powerful than your SD comes in and decides you're not.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If this is such a fuggin forgone conclusion......why the fugg has it not happened yet?

The Dems are merely allowing us to flap in the wind?

Ample opportunity to have accomplished this task in the past.......frogsnacks.

Many here are old enough to remember when "assault" type rifles were difficult to purchase and Glock hi cap mags were selling for $100.00. There are better and cheaper weapons available to lawful citizens then any time in recent memory. Excellent training in the use of these goodies is abundant and available to those smart enough to embrace it.

The military and police represent a miniscule portion of the US population. A people get the government that they earn. Those that fear confiscation have obviously surrendered in advance and seek to blame others for their weakness.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I had some stuff to do Wednesday night. I got done haying fairly early as it was still light out and started on a 300 mile drive. I got over within about six miles of the county seat and there were cops everywhere on the four-lane US highway. Pulling people over right and left with probably eight units. We heard from several sources that they were on a "fishing expedition" and were drug-dogging each vehicle. Thankfully, I didn't get pulled over because we didn't get home until like 2 in the morning anyway.

I don't do drugs, but I lean heavily towards libertarianism when it comes to "The War on Drugs" and at best just DGAF about druggers as long as they are not doing other crimes-which admittedly, is usually not the case. But here are everyday citizens, going about their business, pulled over and held up by cops. The number of officers in the Sheriff's department for our county has went up from 4 in the late seventies to 17 currently, and they were incensed that recently the county commissioners didn't increase their funding ENOUGH to add more. Note that I said "enough" as they did increase it.

There will be some on here who don't understand why I posted this here, but I think most will.

While I'm not anywhere close to you on drugs, as I believe the druggies and the drug dealers should be just shot and thrown in a sinkhole somewhere, I do agree that most police agencies spend more time looking for someone doing something wrong than anything else. A prime example is I-40 that goes across the state of Tennessee. Some of those small county cops along that interstate stop any vehicle that even looks suspicious.

Now, I don't have a problem with them stopping the flow of drugs along that road, and it is one of the main avenues for them in this part of the country. But, there have been several cases where they stopped a car, the people inside had a lot of money, and that money was confiscated and never returned, even though there was no evidence of drugs or other criminal activity. Cops love power, and the perks that go along with it, and I trust none of them to ever protect my rights.......all I can do is hope that they do.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
This fits the 2A

You can't be peaceful unless you are capable of great violence.

If you can't be violent, you can't be peaceful, you are just harmless.

People taking away guns don't want peace, they want us to be harmless.

Well said.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

There will be some on here who don't understand why I posted this here,

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wasn't going to chime in on this thread because I get called a "cop hater" but that is far from the truth. I have a lot of respect for cops, military or any professional that does their job well. I have a good relationship with our local sheriff and many LEO. I do however despise the overreach of authority in any and all cases. Politicians being the worst in my mind.

I do want to make one point here. It should be noted that in every single thread like this the same thing happens. There is a line drawn in the sand and 95% of the folks always take the same side. LE as a rule will usually stick together even if they don't feel it's right. That is what is taught and ingrained during training and during their careers. To their credit, we all do the same thing. We all stand up for like-minded people. I wish there was a way out of the us vs. them attitude in any of these situations. It is not healthy for a community or an entire country.

What scares me is if, or when the SHTF that the same divide would happen. Call me a conspiracy nut but it is shown right here among mostly conservative minded people on a daily basis. I think most here are good honest people. Many differences of opinion but generally good folks. I don't fear an outright gun confiscation happening but the government is definitely boiling the frog.

The rub on all of this is..... The enforcement branch will not be losing their rights. They will still have the tools to protect those near and dear to them. "Us" don't need to protect ourselves because "them" will. It's a slippery slope and I hope the good folks on both sides make the right decisions.

Keep up the good fight because at the end of they day we should ALL be on the same side.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I wasn't going to chime in on this thread because I get called a "cop hater" but that is far from the truth. I have a lot of respect for cops, military or any professional that does their job well. I have a good relationship with our local sheriff and many LEO. I do however despise the overreach of authority in any and all cases. Politicians being the worst in my mind.

I do want to make one point here. It should be noted that in every single thread like this the same thing happens. There is a line drawn in the sand and 95% of the folks always take the same side. LE as a rule will usually stick together even if they don't feel it's right. That is what is taught and ingrained during training and during their careers. To their credit, we all do the same thing. We all stand up for like-minded people. I wish there was a way out of the us vs. them attitude in any of these situations. It is not healthy for a community or an entire country.

What scares me is if, or when the SHTF that the same divide would happen. Call me a conspiracy nut but it is shown right here among mostly conservative minded people on a daily basis. I think most here are good honest people. Many differences of opinion but generally good folks. I don't fear an outright gun confiscation happening but the government is definitely boiling the frog.

The rub on all of this is..... The enforcement branch will not be losing their rights. They will still have the tools to protect those near and dear to them. "Us" don't need to protect ourselves because "them" will. It's a slippery slope and I hope the good folks on both sides make the right decisions.

Keep up the good fight because at the end of they day we should ALL be on the same side.

Like.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
If this is such a fuggin forgone conclusion......why the fugg has it not happened yet?

Many here are old enough to remember when "assault" type rifles were difficult to purchase and Glock hi cap mags were selling for $100.00. There are better and cheaper weapons available to lawful citizens then any time in recent memory. Excellent training in the use of these goodies is abundant and available to those smart enough to embrace it.

The military and police represent a miniscule portion of the US population. A people get the government that they earn. Those that fear confiscation have obviously surrendered in advance and seek to blame others for their weakness.

mike r

Mike,

We in the "cow-counties" sure didn't "EARN" the governor Las Vegas gave us. His utter contempt for rural NV was forced down our throats by the southern NV resort industry and accompanying unions.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Mike,

We in the "cow-counties" sure didn't "EARN" the governor Las Vegas gave us. His utter contempt for rural NV was forced down our throats by the southern NV resort industry and accompanying unions.

the fact that we are where we are in the discussion is proof enough we have already slid far down the slope. in a more "ideal" world we wouldn't be needing to talk about this at all. but times change. bob dylan knew that way back when. time has changed, and now the gun issue is perking right along. looks like we're saddling up to have more regs forced upon us by the powers that be. well, that's our fault, but is it wrong to get outvoted? that's what has happened, by and large we've been outvoted. and so it is what it is.

the democrat nominee from atlanta for georgia governor would have brought major gun control legislation up. thankfully she lost. now we've got two senatorial seats open in 2020 and the democrats are already salivating. if we lose our guns, it will be because we lost votes that were essential to keeping them.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
L2S, There is no doubt that Clark County has polluted a fine state w/ its' politics as represented by our POS gov. However I believe that all politics are local. Do you and your neighbors trust your Sheriff? if not get rid of him. I still have pretty deep contacts w/in LVMPD and. at this time, have no fear of our LE community. Times are a changing and the future is uncertain. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I sure don't envy you Mike. Politics down south is getting rancid at best. It's moving north, too...evidence the idiot Bolshevik split-tail Reno Mayor. Fortunately our county is still pretty red, but retiring Navy personnel that are staying in the area are changing us markedly; they're purple for the most part and have no history here to guide them. They don't seem to mind big government and "orders".

Fight the good fight down there, my friend. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by 700LH
Some have been crying to enforce unconstitutional law for years, does that make it right?

I do not know that it is unconstitutional to rescind the rights of convicted felons. In prior societies most would have been executed and the question would be moot. But, as our society has become too touchy feely to execute hardly anyone, those people are returned to civilized society.

Society has a right to protect itself from those previously convicted of felonies. Prohibitions against firearms ownership, and loss of voting rights are the least of these protections.

As most of those convicted felons are anxious to vote D, the Ds are anxious to restore voting rights. They are not so anxious to restore 2'nd A rights, as that does not further their agenda.

Just because the Ds are in favor of disarming convicted felons does not make the idea wrong.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by ltppowell
All this talk about the popo enforcing laws, yet not a shred of responsibility for the people, which YOU elect, making them.

In most cases it's commie city folk who elect the people making those laws. No matter. Those elected took an oath to uphold the constitution. Making laws in violation of the supreme law of the land is a clear violation of their oath of office and any law that violates is illegal in itself. Anyone who enforces a law made in clear violation of the constitution is no more than a govt. thug. There is nothing in the second amendment that allows for confiscation of firearms of any kind whatsoever.

That sounds good in theory, but in reality that would mean you couldn't disarm a person that was invading your home to commit a robbery. As far as commies making the law, you are correct and as long as people allow their rights to slip away it will worsen. Worrying about the cops is about dumbest, most simpleminded thing a person can do. It's like worrying about your wife's boyfriend's.
So sue me because I didn't say theres nothing in the constitution that allows for the government to disarm law abiding citizens. I thought you might be smart enough that it didn't need to be spelled out. Alas, I was wrong once before. As for worrying about the cops being "dumb and simpleminded". It ain't gonna be the local librarian they send to take peoples guns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to me if a person is fit enough to be a part of a free society and not under any sort of supervision they should have the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.
I am no expert on the subject I could be wrong but until I hear a really good reason why not I will keep these views.
There is a lot of grey area on both sides of that story
I definitely agree with the punishment fitting the crime and not the system as it is today.
To give up liberty for perceived safety is wrong IMHO
Freedom isn't always safe for everyone it is a part of the price we have to pay to remain free, and I like freedom

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

It's an all out concerted effort to sway public opinion and vilify gun owners to the point that public opinion supports gun confiscation.

Local news: Rockinbar was arrested in his home today for failing to pay a parking ticket. Police seized _____ rounds of ammunition, _____ high-capacity handguns, _____ assault rifles, and _____ pounds of explosive gun powder.

If I fill in my own numbers, I scare me.

Here's a good point. Items like this will become part of the nightly news cycle.

They won't be telling people they've sent the SWAT team in to confiscate. It will be some very minor violation - traffic ticket, child support in arrears, etc., where the arrested was tipped off as being a red flag concern.

A significant number of average Joes simply want to go to work, get their time in, go home, and live their lives. Most will not think this really applies to them. They will not learn the truth from the nightly news, as this applies only to the terrorists.

As for LEO's and military being sent to do the dirty work...I'm old enough to remember the police were once called "Peace Officers" - keepers of the peace and public servants. That's a long time ago, and "law enforcement" is not necessarily keeping the peace in the neighborhood.

It's a toss up, really. Big city/urban police? Many will enforce the illegal laws/orders, because the police chiefs will tell their departments they're dealing with criminal terrorists, not Constitution-abiding patriots. Some won't obey...but they have families, employability, mortgages, and their waiting pension all part of that equation. No urban LEO wants to be placed on the unemployable list for failure to follow direct orders. The pressure will be enormous.

However, if a sizable number rebel, it would be a wise thing to stay on the job and rebel. If they merely walk away, the department has freed positions and money to hire as far down the scale as they need o to ensure compliance with department policy. Is that already happening in some cities along the West Coast?

Small city/rural area...where everyone already knows who everyone else is...a much different story. I can see most of these becoming 2A sanctuary regions.

County sheriffs? Depends on the local politics, and who the sheriff owes political favors to. Urban and minority counties may well lean blue. Others red - and become 2A sanctuaries as well.

The rural county/small town effect is already being seen along the interiors of the West Coast states, where the gun laws passed by the Leftists are not being enforced outside blue jurisdictions.

I suspect the same will be true across most of the nation.

The military? Most will stay out of it. As integrated as most units are...every person in every unit has family/friends affected by the laws, and most do not wish to fire on them.

Now, for deeper speculation....

All of this is for the first 6-9 months of the gun grab.After the initial grabs are made, patriots will be confronted with a huge decision -

1) Do they hide their weaponry, don't make waves, and hope to ride out the societal insanity? With Venezuela rolling on 20 years of insanity...that doesn't bode well here in America....

or

2) Begin forming a true resistance force, and have to live life mobile, and in secret?

If the latter happens...then LEO's, deputies, etc., who are enforcing the law on behalf of their masters will become targets. Today, LEO's are people just wanting to live to the end of the day, get their job done, and go home to their families. Under this scenario, though? Every traffic stop becomes a possible assassination. Drive by shootings. Police having to drive their armored carriers just to stay safe...which brings in IED's. Families being targeted.

It would get very ugly. Reprisals on every side becomes a nightly thing. If anything...Americans know how to fight extremely well under the cover of night.

Then, there's real loony: our military relinquished of their place and replaced by the paramilitary Obama very loudly espoused and declared ought to not only exist, but be as well-funded, armed, and trained as our current military is. With much of the deeper government machine full obedient to the Left, it would not surprise me a bit should such a "Left military" actually exists. In all truthfulness...trillions went missing, and no budget was ever passed under that president. If such does exist...I can see a Leftist president , with a stroke of a pen and a phone call, shut our military out of the chain of command, and bring in the new troops.

Treason, sedition, and rebellion against government has always been defined by who has been in power. Only here in America do we have a Constitution many deem to ride above the government...but that thought is being erased from the public conscience even as we speak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems to me if a person is fit enough to be a part of a free society and not under any sort of supervision they should have the same rights and privileges as the rest of us.
I am no expert on the subject I could be wrong but until I hear a really good reason why not I will keep these views.
I definitely agree with the punishment fitting the crime and not the system as it is today.
Freedom isn't always safe for everyone it is a part of the price we have to pay to remain free, and I like freedom

If punishment was consistent with the crime and carried out quickly there would be less crime. Crimes like murder and attempted murder should be considered the same because one succeeded and one failed. Kid napping, rape, killing someone while drunk driving or distracted should be the same. All these should be death after one appeal.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Love it....

What?????? No Odessa steps! No Eisenstein montage????? No baby carriage??????

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
If you think they won't follow orders , look back WW1 vets that MacArthur ordered marched on . That was an eye opening piece of history for me . And they didn't have theaitwavesbeing bombarded with propaganda back then . Just a matter of following orders .Kenneth

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

The problem is, most convicted felons released to society are NOT fit to be a part of that society.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 51 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,105
Posts18,522,468
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.