Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Elliot
Hi Jpro, not a handloader, I am new to all this stuff, guns, rifles, ammo. The only reason why I chose a 243 caliber is because I know it has little recoil. I looked at the bullet you told me the 6.5 Creedmoor but I also seen they have a 6 mm... oh no , another decision that will prolong my rifle buying lol

The 6mm Creedmoor is also a great choice, but as it is still somewhat of the new kid on the block, there are fewer choices in your sub-$900 range for factory rifles. There will likely be more choices in the coming years, but the 6.5 version is in the lead for more rifle options. The Tikka T3X offerings in 6.5CM are known to be great shooters out of the box and have good triggers also. They won't break the bank and are available in stainless if you prefer.

Now with even more aplomb
HR IC

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The 6.5 really won’t have much more recoil than a .243 Win. Your selection of rounds is a ton better for the 6.5. And, when you’re shooting at a deer, you won’t notice the recoil at all.

Camp is where you make it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

If Remington would offer the 6.5 Creed in the ADL SS package, the company might become solvent, even turn a profit.

It will probably take another 3 years for Remmy to actually start selling 6mm Creeds................

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
E
Elliot Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
That's a thing I didn't know, Remington doesnt make any 6.5 creedmore.

If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a thing I didn't know, Remington doesnt make any 6.5 creedmore.

They make a bunch of 6.5 Creedmoor’s, just not the 6mm Creedmoor.

Back to your original query, while there is probably not a bigger M70 fan here than me, I’d go with the M700 in 243. I prefer the Rem bbl. contour more, and it’s an easier platform to make light in the future should you choose to drop it in a fiberglass stock. I’ve never liked the Long Action M700, but have always liked the Short Action M700. I genuinely don’t like the current M70 MOA trigger, nor the fact “Assembled In Portugal” is stamped on the barrel. I prefer “Product Of Portugal” on my bottles of Port, not my rifles.

I’d go M700 243...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B2

E
Elliot Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
By the way, something that I forgot to mention is that I want a floorplate. I don't want a top feeder thanks a lot for all your comments guys. Seems I'm doing progress here.

If you are helping someone and expecting something in return, you are doing business not kindness.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Elliot,

Welcome to the fire. You'll get a lot of very knowledgeable advice here. To stick to your original post, if you've decided on a 243 in the two rifles I prefer the Winchester Featherweight. These are two very different rifles as far as wood and blue vs synthetic and stainless etc. Either one will do just fine and the 243 is a fine light recoiling hunting round. I assume its deer you are hunting plus target shooting?

If you are able, handle both and go with what fits you better. Oh, don't skimp on the scope. This may be more important than the rifle.

Scott

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
math',

It ain't that the Seex Kreedmire is more "Modern",it's just that there are no Retard Twist Rates,botched COAL or throat geometry with it,in OEM guise. Hint.

The Seex Kreedmire is simply 243 Win case capacity,in parcels done farrrrrrrrr righter and by everyone who offers same. Hint.

Left to right: 270/105 Hornie HPBT,6BR/105 Hornie HPBT,243 Grendel/105 Hornie HPBT,Seex Kreedmire/108 ELD,243 Win SALAMI/105 Hornie HPBT,243 Aye-Eye/105'Max,6-284/105 Hornie HPBT and Six Twat-Six/105 Hornie HPBT. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

By default and literal design,the Seex Kreedmire grants mechanical advantages over the 243Win. That in RPM,COAL latitude and throat geometry all,while simply offering like capacity in a superior wrapper ala OEM offerings. Hint.

I've a "few" and they tend to do nice thangs. Hint.

Big Green does a Seex Kreedmire,but just not worth a fhuqk,as it's LTR-esque blued metal,in a schit handle and a 20" spout(7.5" RPM). While AICS flavored DBM's never hurt,it don't assist much in the equation(OEM COAL latitude will do it) and I'd MUCH prefer an ADL S/S offering in laminate,or similar. Note that there is no 243Win in said parcel,where the AICS nudge would really help,in conjunction with 7.5" RPM of same. Hint.

Ruger does a farrrr better job. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint.....................

'orce1,

One can reduce case capacity,hit twist/throating/RPM on the head and CRUSH the "bigger" offering. The Seex Kreedmire do just that,as do the 264 Kreedmire,by literal design. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A brand new pick up on the lot,don't get "better" by asking the salesman to "Please disconnect (3) plug wires for me,before I take 'er away". Hint. LAUGHING!

Mechanics matter. Hint.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..................

tzone,

Where's them 280 FWT pics? Might it be sinking in,just how incredibly fhuqking STUPID you are,on a "good" day? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Right proper 280 here...roughly 7:30 in the frame. Now you can at least say,you've "seen" one. Stay tuned for The INCREDIBLE Hulk. Hint. Laughing!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

'Pro,

Sub 9 Hunnert Seex Kreedmire? I'd be in RAR Predator Mode wearing AICS DBM's and toss a Boyd's on the bitch. You reap the 7.7" RPM,they throat really right and binderless mags will do it all and then some. Hint.

They take an extended/inclined 1913 rail happily,toss the trigger "safety" and you are there. BEST "Sleeper" on the market,by lightyears. Hint.

Just sayin'.

Hint..........................

Elliot,

I dig a 223 to well beyond the 1000yd line and Factory Fodder there,is WELL supported too. Have heard through The Grapevine,that recoil ain't too bad either. HINT. Laughing!

If you don't reload,the 223 and 264 Kreedmire are your best pitches,by an unfathomable margin. Curiously enough,it's wayyyyyyyyyyy easier to score a 264 Kreedmire done right(because they ain't done wrong),than a 223 boltgun of like mechanics.

Easy for me to say,mainly because I shoot it all and then some. Hint.

Just sayin'...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Featherweight for me. I have always been a Remington fan but I am realizing that Winchester makes a fantastic rifle and the quality is high. I would take that Featherweight in a heartbeat before any bottom end sps Remington. The rough finish and junk stock are subpar.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Tikka T3 and the Weatherby Vanguard S2 are both quality rifles with accuracy guarantees that are at 1 moa. They sell for a little less too. If it were me, I would look for a used Tikka in the caliber of your choice and spend the rest on a good scope.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ah, I was wrong, Stick found a Remmy 6mm Creed. Cool.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
The Featherweight in .243 Win would be my choice.

Me too...but both are good.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
By the way, something that I forgot to mention is that I want a floorplate. I don't want a top feeder thanks a lot for all your comments guys. Seems I'm doing progress here.

Unless you get a DBM (Detachable Box Magazine) rifle, they all load from the top. The floor plate just let's you dump your unfired rounds faster.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jokester,

Pass Big Green S/S and mechanics,over your Fence-Hopping Winchester Goat Fhuqlk Emotions. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do cite the Tikka and/or Howa .243" bores,of requisite RPM,COAL and throat geometry,as per your version of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for TRYING so hard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

'pinecrick,

Oooopsie!.................(grin)

'gwe,

Few 'know" less than you,about rifles. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..............

'orce1,

Not all DBM's are equal(or close). Tikka fhuqks up far more schit than most,but Ruger RAR's in non AICS flavors,are an honest attempt at The "Crown". Hint. Congratulations?!?

RAR Rotary Goat Fhuqk (aftermarket redemption!). Hint.

The REAL stuff. Hint.

1000 Words On DBM's RINK

Bless your heart for trying though.

Hint.

Laughing!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
What that spittoon drinking idiot say?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my...did yet another Brokedick Whining CLUELESS Fhuqk look to correlate that she's a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit to boot? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Imaginary Pretend Ignore,is priced right along with everything else you can "afford". Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for crying sooooooooo loud.

Hint.

Laughing!................

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hey Stinky, why don't you show us a picture of your 1966 double wide trailer. You keep telling everyone that you make more money than God himself, it must be nice. Trailer park king that you are. Got that paycheck stub to show us yet? Of course no. It doesn't exist. You are just another loser that has an awesome inferiority complex to be matched by none.

OK, here comes the pipsqueak answer. Gotta be good.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Myself,

I diligently read every word Schtick Sez.....

then afterwards, I go out and purchase anything he criticized, with confidence....

owning an ADL in 243, and I use it a lot...I still prefer a Model 70 Featherweight...

I only have 3 Featherweights come my way tho... all used, in good shape and real good price..

6.5 x 55, 7 x 57, 223....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
JOHN, how ya doing bud?

W. Bill

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nothing is fhuqking FUNNIER,than an Opiate Addled Candy Striper doing her best,with a Brokedick Blanket Ass cheering her on. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to the very WELL founded Insecurities you Retards flounder in and how "fulfilling" your Imagination and Pretend are...to you. Hint. LAUGHING!

Was whistlin' through "surplus" 264 Twat-Six 147's today and 22 BR-titude. Google it all and "convince" yourself that you "could too". Hint.

Bless your hearts for crying!

Hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

156 members (3333vl, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 673, 450yukon, 264mag, 19 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,889
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.