Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28
All the patriarchs in my family were Freemasons. They were mostly liars, wife abusers, child abusers, boastful, boisterous, proud, haughty, self absorbed, foul mouthed & angry. I never saw any Christian behavior. And, I certainly wouldn’t consider any of them “bettered.”

Good men? I think not.

Freemasonry is of the Devil.

Yep.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It appears some here do not know that not everyone who claims to be a Mason really is one. Years ago when Masons (as well as other fraternal organizations) were much more popular, and were duly accorded a certain amount of respect within the community on that basis, sometimes men applied and in some cases were accepted and went through part of the learning, but were later found to be of undesirable character and were kicked out. Some of these went on to form what are referred to as clandestine lodges, and in turn these attracted other like-minded men. Masons are strongly admonished to have nothing to do with them, and this is part of the reason for the secrecy; to recognize such posers. Again, not everyone who claims to be a Mason actually is one.

Dale

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Never thought about that before.

Impersonating a Mason...

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Catholic thing and the Freemasons remind me back in the 1990's I was making my way back East from the Western Pacific, I just finished 6 months on a Tuna Boat flying helicopters. There was a Catholic Priest collecting donations for an Orphanage that he ran. So I gave him 20 bucks. He notices my ring, and just asked what lodge! I told him, he told me that he gets the most support from the Lodges in the Valley. I was not surprised. I talked with him for a bit I had a long wait for my connections. Then again I remember back when the Soviet Union was still around, they had a burn victim they could not deal with it was closer to Anchorage so the kid was flown there, they could not handle it either so then sent him to the burn center of the Shiners Hospital in Galveston, TX they took care of the child and put up the parents and made sure they had some walking around money took almost a year. At the time if you were a Freemason in Russia you got to prison. That had to be about 34 or 35 years ago. Most of the talk you hear about the Fraternity is bullshit, pay no mind.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My great grandfather was a Mason - He laid every brick in town!

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by P_Weed
My great grandfather was a Mason - He laid every brick in town!

grin That's the good kind of mason.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i like their jars

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Do they still lay bricks?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Do they still lay bricks?

No. But they make some people (kooks) schit them.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by sse
i like their jars

The blue ones are really nice.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
There is no secret Masonic handshake, they greet each other and shake hands in public. If you observe the handshake there is a subtle difference in the manner in which the hand is grasped, that's all there is to it. My father was a Mason and I had the opportunity to watch him shake hands with brother Masons.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kelbro
Never paid much attention to the Masons but always knew about the good stuff the Shriners do. Just learned last night that they were connected. I was invited to join the Masons.

Did a little research and it's all over the place. Some churches abhor the Freemasons.

What's it all about?

Secret handshakes, codes, no wimmens, WTF? If there was magic underwear it would sound a little like Mormons.

Seriously, is it a good org or a cult of some sort?

Some of the most honorable men I've ever met and been associated with were/are Masons. If they are an indication of the rest of the membership, it can't be a bad organization.

I roll my eyes and take the negative stuff said about them with a grain of salt. Their detractors are like the rest of us who aren't Masons and don't have intimate knowledge that comes from being a member..........they (and we) don't really know schitt about them.

Most of the people I know that speak negatively of them are simple-minded, minimally-educated, have limited life experience, buy easily into crack-pot conspiracy theories and demonstrate poor critical thinking skills.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I asked to join as was given the opportunity to so so.

My father in law is a Mason......figured what the hell.

They sent out a traveling Mason to interview me and my family. Nice guy....had worked for us over the years off and on.

Of course neither he or my father in law would tell me anything about the Masons.....except for how great they were.

At the end of the interview the traveling Mason was very excited. He said he was very excited to finally get a Catholic to join.

He said that Catholics never join the Masons, they were against the organization.

I am not now nor was I then a very good Catholic......but I did ask him why the Catholics were against the Masons.........he wouldn't tell me.

I ended up declining. Became an Eagles member instead. No secrecy involved with those guys.

The Masons are no doubt a great outfit, at least judging by the men who are Masons that I know. Many of them I greatly respect.

Kinda like Obamacare....gotta join the Masons to find out what they are all about.

Just wasn't for me.

What???? You haven't played Assassin's Creed?? That whole storyline is about the Knights Templar and the Freemasons.

Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

i mostly went through catholic schools growing up. In grade school i came into class one day with one of my father's masonic books in code. The nun almost had a heart attack, and the rosary beads were flying. I had been asked to join the demolay in advance of becoming a mason. I wish i had done it, but it would have presented problems at school. Masons are not against catholics, it's the other way around. I think it goes back to one of the earlier popes, and the unwillingness of acknowleging the pope. Could be wrong tho.
My father was a mason, and my grandfather was a mason, and probably even before that.
I have zero problems with them.

The Catholics of old (but no longer) had a problem with Freemasons because Freemasonry was and remains demonic. No actual Christian would have anything to do with them. You cannot be devoted to the Christ of the New Testament and not realize you cannot belong to the Freemasons.

I waited patiently and was not disappointed!
I’d ride the river with any of the Freemasons I know (blood relation or not) and have no issue trusting my son with them.

In before ‘they’re not high enough in the organization to know the truth ‘ gets played out.

That same horseschitt line gets slung around about Mormons too.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The secrecy kept me away.

I was never "asked" to become a mason.
I have had a couple Masons bring up the topic by identifying
themselves as such.
Leaving the stage set for me to as questions.
Questions being my thing, I ask a lot.
One guy gave me an explanatory video to watch.

But, the questions they couldnt answer...

A deacon in our church has been a Mason forever,
And is a guy who I truly trust, I have often wanted to
have a good long chat with him, never got around to it.

One thing for certain,
There aren't any underemployed Masons around here.
You see a guy who has managed to get multiple jobs,
that anyone else would die to get...usually a Mason.
And not a good example of the group.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
1. The fact that deacons, ministers, etc. are Masons is irrelevant to the question of whether or not it's a good organization for a Christian to join. I had an inlaw who was a "Worshipful Master" which is blasphemy. Matthew 23:10 says, "Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ."

2. I've had several relatives/aquaintances who were Masons; all fairly high up. One felt that because he was a Mason he could flaunt the law and apparently got away with it. Many in law enforcement/the justice system are Masons and apparently will let deviations from the law slide if it's a fellow Mason. This applies to even some serious crimes. Of the six Masons I've known (I've probably known more than that but didn't know they were Masons) I would consider four good citizens and two a bit obnoxious and arrogant. I was once asked by one who obviously was a Mason if I was a "trav'lin man."

3. You can pretty much pay your way to the 32nd degree. You have to be elected to the 33rd degree. At the 32nd degree, you may be given the unabridged edition of "Morals and Dogma" by Albert Pike. At the 33rd degree you will be given that book. If you read that book, you will find that the honored deity is Lucifer also known in the real Holy Scriptures as the Devil and Satan. The abridged edition of that book given to the lower degrees of Masonry doesn't disclose all one should know about Masonry before joining.

4. You generally aren't asked if you want to be a Mason. Usually you have to request to join. I have little doubt I could have joined if I had wanted to.

Supposedly Masonry is "an organization with secrets" and "not a secret organization." No, it's a secret organization. Supposedly it's not a religion. No, it is a religion with a deity, temples, literature, liturgy and regular meetings just like any other religious denomination.

For those wishing to know more, I'd recommend "Masonry Beyond the Light" by William Schnoebelen.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, it really is Satanic?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I wouldn’t have said so if it weren’t true.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Oh yeah.

Ever notice how there are no orphans or stray dogs around a Masonic Temple?

Yep.....used in sacrifices.

Common knowledge.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I wouldn’t have said so if it weren’t true.

Like this? ^

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kelbro
Never paid much attention to the Masons but always knew about the good stuff the Shriners do. Just learned last night that they were connected. I was invited to join the Masons.

Did a little research and it's all over the place. Some churches abhor the Freemasons.

What's it all about?

Secret handshakes, codes, no wimmens, WTF? If there was magic underwear it would sound a little like Mormons.

Seriously, is it a good org or a cult of some sort?

It's Kabbalah for gentiles.

So says TRH...who once ran a long, long thread on here claiming that Masons worship the Devil...

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1234, 16gage, 54 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,404
Posts18,470,164
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.