Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Who cares?

It doesn't seem to matter to any of them.

I am MAGA.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who cares?

It matters to a lot of them. Look at the election map.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2019/kentucky/

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The two big cities, Lexington and Louisville, elect the democrats in this state. If not for the votes in those two counties, we'd have Republican Governors every term.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by jorgeI
From my other post on the subject: The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

Ah, go have an Irish coffee and chill. Put me in charge and in 10 years I could get half the Mescans and 1/3 of the Brothers and Sistas voting GOP. Just need some spokes people with charisma to court them. Tell the Mescans that the Dems are cut from the same cloth as the corrupt politicians they fled from. Point out who is for abortion, more taxes, class envy, inconsistent application of the law and contrast that to the GOP that offers the opportunity for upward social and economic mobility. Remind them who hates religion. You got to preach it to them loud and often. Same with the Brothers. Many are ready to bolt the Dems. Trump has brought them record low unemployment and certainly has done little block economic advancement for that group. How about Asians including the Indians? The Chinese and Koreans fled that communist stuff, so easy to get them voting GOP. Dot heads are all about self reliance.

Only block I couldn't convert is the college educated white urban dwellers. They are too busy dining out at some celebrity chefs restaurant and planing their mountain bike trip to Moab to listen. Then they have their sister's destination wedding in Ho Chi Minh City or Tuscany to plan for.

Trouble is, we can't put you in charge.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The two big cities, Lexington and Louisville, elect the democrats in this state. If not for the votes in those two counties, we'd have Republican Governors every term.

Abscesses do gather the pus.

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
A few things we need to know.

1.) How much money did the DNC pour into this election?
2.) How much out of state money was used
3.) What issues did the DNC try to go negative on Bevin on and how hard did they push it?

The Dems are desparate for ANY victory, and have shown that they will pour massive money into some elections just get a victory. We saw the Dems spend $30 million dollars losing a special election in a $3 million race. They doubled down and won the District a year later, but spent $50 million dollars to do it whereas the GOP spent $10 million. The Dems "bought" many of those abandoned GOP seats they took in the House. More money in the race gave them more ad time, social media time, and more face time in town hall events. When there is no name recognition, they built it fast.

Did they pull an Alinisky on Bevin? Isolate, polarize, ridicule, then offer their guy as clean no name?

By most accounts the dnc is broke from that spending. Far as Kentucky be curious how much outside money was spent on the election.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who cares?

It matters to a lot of them. Look at the election map.

https://www.politico.com/election-results/2019/kentucky/

When you have to be elected by people who might have their pensions cut........

What if pensions were eliminated country wide? Federal all the way down to city.

Not just for the communist teachers.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Personally I didn't see a huge amount of campaigning for Beshear. At least not in south central KY, which is a Republican enclave anyway, so that might explain why I didn't see much.

I think a whole lot of people in KY held their noses and voted for Beshear. This was more of an anti-Bevin referendum than anything else. Party affiliation was secondary.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
Personally I didn't see a huge amount of campaigning for Beshear. At least not in south central KY, which is a Republican enclave anyway, so that might explain why I didn't see much.

I think a whole lot of people in KY held their noses and voted for Beshear. This was more of an anti-Bevin referendum than anything else. Party affiliation was secondary.

Not so much.

Bevin only lost by 5000 votes, or so. If you look at the totals that came out of Lexington and Louisville, he lost by much more than those 5000 votes. The rest of the state just couldn't overcome that.

Interesting to note,...out of all the offices covered in yesterday's election, Beshear was the only Democrat to win. Republicans took the rest.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They need to drop pensions. Move to defined contribution plans.

Folk won’t like it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by MadMooner
They need to drop pensions. Move to defined contribution plans.

Folk won’t like it.

Its easy to pick on the teachers. They are mostly women, mostly leftists, and mostly lazy. Only work 9 months you know.

Of course how would we keep the economy BOOMING without all that borrowed money being wheeled about.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Teachers aren't going to like having 45 kids in a class, either.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I dont know how you make em happy.

They have 14 in a class up here and dont like it.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It ain’t just the teachers, though they are easy to point at for some of the reasons you mentioned. It’s public employee pensions in general.

Something has to give, or someone robbed.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
For one thing don't give them in loco parentis responsibility without in loco parentis authority.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It ain’t just the teachers, though they are easy to point at for some of the reasons you mentioned. It’s public employee pensions in general.

Something has to give, or someone robbed.

Beshear's "plan" is to raise money through gambling,...which means that he doesn't have a plan.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Gambling and lotto are a tax on the dumb......might work really well.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

https://ballotpedia.org/Public_education_in_Kentucky

...There were 42,769 teachers in the public schools, or roughly one teacher for every 16 students, equal to the national average. There was roughly one administrator for every 209 students, compared to the national average of one administrator for every 295 students

Exploring the Intricate Layers of State and Local Governments: Kentucky

State and Local Government EmploymentTotal

Total Full-Time Employees: 228,171

State: 72,416
Local: 155,755

Full-Time Employee Pay: $695,218,139

State: 261,314,705
Local: 433,903,434

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’ll just get spent elsewhere and pensions will still be a cancer on the tax payers.

It’s already been done all across the country.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
It’ll just get spent elsewhere and pensions will still be a cancer on the tax payers.

It’s already been done all across the country.

Yep. "Gambling/lotto money will go to education" usually means it will go to education instead of the money that was already going there but no longer is now that there's gambling/lotto.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (204guy, 257man, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 16penny, 58 invisible), 1,927 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,888
Posts18,497,917
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.