Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Hi. Looking to get a new scope and have both a 2.5x FX-2 and a 1-4x VX-2. I really like having close to 1x available, so my natural choice would be the new VX Freedom line (1.5-4x, IIRC). I was just wondering why you think a 1.5-4x20 VX-2 would cost less than a 2.5x20 FX-2. Manufacturing shortcuts? Lesser glass? This would go on a .32WS '94, so minimal recoil.

Thank you.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

The VX-Freedoms have the same glass as the VX-2's, instead the Freedoms have a design that is simpler to manufacture. Allegedly that doesn't make Freedoms better or lessor than the VX-2. Just uglier.......

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

The VX-Freedoms have the same glass as the VX-2's, instead the Freedoms have a design that is simpler to manufacture. Allegedly that doesn't make Freedoms better or lessor than the VX-2. Just uglier.......

Good to know, thank you. "Just uglier..." lol

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Sevastopol
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Good to know, thank you. "Just uglier..." lol

Tell you the same thing I tell my brother when he comments on the "ugly" deer I shoot. You can't eat pretty.

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

lol.....true!

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have both.

The VX-Freedom is closer to the 1X you want, and is easier to get behind. It has less eye relief. I cannot comment on how tough it is, but is has withstood a fairly good amount of .458 SOCOM in a light AR-15, recoil calculating about 26 ft-lbs.

The FX-2 is a little more narrow in its FOV and the scope is a little harder to get into the best part of the eyebox. This scope has withstood numerous .45-70 rounds that generate about 40 ft-lbs in my Guide gun, and has eye relief out the yang-yang. I would dare say it is the tougher of the two.

I would have to ponder a while when making a choice for a .32 Winchester Special, I am thinking both have enough durability and eye relief for that round, so it would be a decision of FOV.

As an aside, the "clicks" on the VX-Freedom are real mushy. But, it has held zero on my SOCOM.

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I have both.

The VX-Freedom is closer to the 1X you want, and is easier to get behind. It has less eye relief. I cannot comment on how tough it is, but is has withstood a fairly good amount of .458 SOCOM in a light AR-15, recoil calculating about 26 ft-lbs.

The FX-2 is a little more narrow in its FOV and the scope is a little harder to get into the best part of the eyebox. This scope has withstood numerous .45-70 rounds that generate about 40 ft-lbs in my Guide gun, and has eye relief out the yang-yang. I would dare say it is the tougher of the two.

I would have to ponder a while when making a choice for a .32 Winchester Special, I am thinking both have enough durability and eye relief for that round, so it would be a decision of FOV.

As an aside, the "clicks" on the VX-Freedom are real mushy. But, it has held zero on my SOCOM.

Good information. Thank you.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,450
Posts18,489,657
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.