Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I wonder where Starman takes a leak if he doesn't have somebody's cornflakes to pizz in... just wondering...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I wonder where Starman takes a leak if he doesn't have somebody's cornflakes to pizz in... just wondering...

He'd have to look it up on Google of course, and if it told him to pizz in his own, why then he'd do that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DocRocket

he pees in a douche bag.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
he is a douche bag.

What you meant to say.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by dubePA
he is a douche bag.

What you meant to say.

That would be an insult to douche bags. They at least serve a useful function.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'll just wait for the book to come out.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
in the early 70's i was working construction in the summer to pay for college. a guy on the crew had a 289 cobra, he couldn't afford it, i could have bought it for about 3500dollars. didn't. I cry to this day every time i think about it, it would have meant only a couple extra months of work.

I feel your pain. In 1971 I bought a 1966 Shelby GT 350 for $2400, raced it for three years and then sold it (for $2500) to buy a Lotus formula car. I thought I had really done well.

You should have bought a Lotus Super Seven. wink

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/super-seven/2177468.html

I bought a Lotus 22 Formula Jr (or Formula C in the US) for about $2500. Bought it from the guy that got me started in racing. Sold it to Mike Gue (then in England) for $2500. The guy that I bought it from was a great machinist. When I broke the crank in the MAE engine, he built me a billet crank that stunned the guys at Cosworth. The restored car sold for about $85,000 in the 1980s. After the Lotus, I started racing Formula Fords with a Titan Mk VI.

The formula Fords were a great affordable class that still performed enough to raise neck hackle at times. I wanted to go that route, but money was pretty scarce.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
in the early 70's i was working construction in the summer to pay for college. a guy on the crew had a 289 cobra, he couldn't afford it, i could have bought it for about 3500dollars. didn't. I cry to this day every time i think about it, it would have meant only a couple extra months of work.

I feel your pain. In 1971 I bought a 1966 Shelby GT 350 for $2400, raced it for three years and then sold it (for $2500) to buy a Lotus formula car. I thought I had really done well.

You should have bought a Lotus Super Seven. wink

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/super-seven/2177468.html

I bought a Lotus 22 Formula Jr (or Formula C in the US) for about $2500. Bought it from the guy that got me started in racing. Sold it to Mike Gue (then in England) for $2500. The guy that I bought it from was a great machinist. When I broke the crank in the MAE engine, he built me a billet crank that stunned the guys at Cosworth. The restored car sold for about $85,000 in the 1980s. After the Lotus, I started racing Formula Fords with a Titan Mk VI.

Impressing Ducky is no mean feat.....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I definitely wanna see it.. As soon as it comes out on DVD or streaming I'll watch it.. But will never go to some movie theater.. Gave up on those about 30 years ago..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Someone's not a fan grin grin grin:

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
I definitely wanna see it.. As soon as it comes out on DVD or streaming I'll watch it.. But will never go to some movie theater.. Gave up on those about 30 years ago..

Streamed it last night and tonight.

"I call that the llama bite."

"Where the hell did you learn that? The Girl Scouts?"

Hilarious. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One of my friends went to the Sebring 12 hour race in 1964. He brought a program back from that event with a cartoon on the back page. It shows two cops in what's obviously a Ferrari with a bubble gum machine on top. One looks at the other and says "Forget about it- - - - -it's a Cobra!" I'll bet that one made old Enzo crap his drawers!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by stxhunter
only thing that would make it better is MOPAR.... lol

No!!! The point was to beat Ferrari, not shed parts all over the track grin

Old mopars ruled the streets........

That is until the Buick Stage II Skylark came out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loved the movie.
The movie delves deep into Miles family but nothing about the families of anyone else.

It is worth seeing the the theater for the sound of the various cars. Not one of the very best car movies for the motor sounds but still pretty good and well worth the money.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went to see the movie tonight with the little wifey. She really liked it, so that is evidence anyone will like it. I agree it is a must see! It was very well done.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Went to see the movie tonight with the little wifey. She really liked it, so that is evidence anyone will like it. I agree it is a must see! It was very well done.

It was well done. I thought it a really good movie. I don't at all like Damon (or Bale's) politics, but it the movie was really good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just saw it.

Outstanding.!

They hit the story right and great casting. Fantastic race scenes.

Big emphasis on Ken Miles. Please realize Ford had Dan Gurney, Bruce McClaran and Nob Bonderant too. All HOF drivers. AJ Foyt was a consultant.

They probably portrayed Leo Beebe wrong. Leo wrote the checked fir Ford racing and assembled much of that talent. Gotta have a villain.

They did a good job portraying Enzo and the Italians.

Great car movie. This one will endure like Bullit or LeMans

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, see it on the Big Screen. Seriously.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wasn’t as good as Days of Thunder......

Haha!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Tom Cruise?

Be for real❗️😉

Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Wasn’t as good as Days of Thunder......

Haha!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 52 invisible), 2,381 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.