Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Looking forward to the 200 yard shoot-off with satir/funny guy and his trusty 9mm. Ya know, he's such a dumbfucque he kinda reminds me of Travis.

could satir….really be tex.....did "tex"...move to Florida?......bob

GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This minus the pistola, Im taking the Pig Sticker also
It is sharp as fugg..... multiuse....

4 or 5 full mags
60 days ..... pffft......
Lol!!!
Clean this fugga in the creek if I get bored ,and wipe it down with a dirty sock afterwards.
Use some fugging grease/fat from whatever I kill and cook if I wanta lube it up a little.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by renegade50; 12/06/19.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50

4 or 5 full mags
Lol!!!
Clean this fugga in the creek if I get bored ,and wipe it down with a dirty sock afterwards.
Use some fugging grease/fat from whatever I kill and cook if I wanta lube it up a little.
[Linked Image]
Kicks too much for satyr.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

4 or 5 full mags
Lol!!!
[Linked Image]

Won't work. No luminescent sights.

Rene FAIL.

LOL
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I would want an AR 223

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Seems almost like cheating, really two guns in one.

But a combination gun like others mentioned seems like the best choice. .22 lr for low noise, low weight for a substantial amount of ammunition, even variety of ammunition. Think I would want the rifle sighted in for a subsonic heavy round for lowest noise.
For second barrel I am torn between a shotgun (and if so 12 or 20 gauge) or a centerfire rifle, .223 or .308. Leaning toward 12 gauge for short range defensive ability and variety of ammunition. The downside is the weight and bulk of the ammo, which would be offset a bit if going with a 20 gauge. Betting the shotgun would rarely be fired.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

4 or 5 full mags
Lol!!!
[Linked Image]

Won't work. No luminescent sights.

Rene FAIL.

Fugg.......you just yanked the football away from me like Lucy does to Charlie Brown every dammmm time...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hard to believe that it took until page 3 to mention a Savage M24. My .22 mag. / 20 gauge 3" M24 DL with the Williams peep would sure be my choice. 40 grain solids don't mess up small game and 20 gauge slugs hit where the .22 bullets do at 50 yards.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

4 or 5 full mags
Lol!!!
[Linked Image]
Kicks too much for satyr.

But but but but...
It has a fighter brake on it.
That helps with the " awesome" recoil a 7.62x39 has...
crazy laugh

Brake keeps ya on target and keeps the beaten zone really fugging tight during rapid fire.

Take a 2 to 2.5 inch moa at 100yds 100% reliable gun that can put hard concentrated rapid fire on schit in any condition any day of the week over some of these other choices on here

JMO.......

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Windfall
Hard to believe that it took until page 3 to mention a Savage M24. My .22 mag. / 20 gauge 3" M24 DL with the Williams peep would sure be my choice. 40 grain solids don't mess up small game and 20 gauge slugs hit where the .22 bullets do at 50 yards.

Like this!

I think I would still opt for .22LR over .22 magnum just for the lower noise.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by satir
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by gunner500
my suppressed 10/22 ruger, 3-9 Nikon, with 500 rounds in each front jeans pocket, solids and hp's, six 25 round mags loaded and ready in back pockets, piece of cake for anything.

I like that idea. cool

pretty silly,, without NVD goggle, passive IR scanner, solar charger, night sights, and subsonic ammo. THEN it would be effective, but in daytime, with supersonic ammo, You''ll get plinked from 200m It's ok, vs small game, maybe braiing deer to 50m, but that's not enough. It's a lot better choice than bolt actions or single shots, tho. Good enough for the hunt thing, but not for "anything". Anything means combat, too and it would be a serious handicap for daytime hostilties. you'd have to remain hidden during the day and have night vision, night sights.

Dudes in a posting panic, somebody get him back on his meds.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My choice, Browning 78, in 45-70 or 45-90. With a supply of brass, I could going on. I could cast my own bullets, black powder is easier for a survivalist to produce than smokeless. Admittedly I would a supply of primers, but I would probably still be shooting long after firearms which on smokeless powders have migrated to being just clubs.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by gunner500
my suppressed 10/22 ruger, 3-9 Nikon, with 500 rounds in each front jeans pocket, solids and hp's, six 25 round mags loaded and ready in back pockets, piece of cake for anything.

I like that idea. cool

pretty silly,, without NVD goggle, passive IR scanner, solar charger, night sights, and subsonic ammo. THEN it would be effective, but in daytime, with supersonic ammo, You''ll get plinked from 200m It's ok, vs small game, maybe braiing deer to 50m, but that's not enough. It's a lot better choice than bolt actions or single shots, tho. Good enough for the hunt thing, but not for "anything". Anything means combat, too and it would be a serious handicap for daytime hostilties. you'd have to remain hidden during the day and have night vision, night sights.

Dudes in a posting panic, somebody get him back on his meds.

He also forgot the space modulator.
crazy laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

But but but but...
crazy laugh

Brake keeps ya on target and keeps the beaten zone really fugging tight during rapid fire.

Take a 2 to 2.5 inch moa at 100yds 100% reliable gun that can put hard concentrated rapid fire on schit in any condition any day of the week over some of these other choices on here
JMO.......

You got a chainsaw stowed in the buttstock?

No, I didn't think so.

And if you did, it'd probly be a McCulloch, which of curse won't work because it doesn't have luminescent sights.

Last edited by Fireball2; 12/06/19.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Lennie
My choice, Browning 78, in 45-70 or 45-90. With a supply of brass, I could going on. I could cast my own bullets, black powder is easier for a survivalist to produce than smokeless. Admittedly I would a supply of primers, but I would probably still be shooting long after firearms which on smokeless powders have migrated to being just clubs.

Nice thing abot the straight wall cartridges would be that you can fashion shot cartridges out of them as well. But seriously, how many 45-90 cartridges can you carry in your wagon, like 7?

LOL
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

But but but but...
crazy laugh

JMO.......

You got a chainsaw stowed in the buttstock?

No, I didn't think so.

And if you did, it'd probly be a McCulloch, which of curse won't work because it doesn't have luminescent sights.

Poulan wild thing man!!!!
Lol!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Poulans are so.... 1980.

LOL
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
you're completely fos. anyone taking cattle would do so at night and you couldn't hit him at 80 yds, much less 800 yds. In the lower 48 states, there's no place remote enough that you'd have any need of a survival rifle unless it was shtf. Why would YOU need to forage, and nobody else, does, hmm? If they do, plenty of them will shoot you on sight and it only takes one. The 308 can has to be so big and heavy (to truly suppress the subsonic load waf) that the gun becomes as bipod-only clunk. It's nearly that already and when you add 1.5 lbs and 10" of can to the muzzle, it's like having a 32" barreled shotgun. WAY too long. Classic dunning-kruger effect. You think everyone else is as dumb as you are.

Yep, that's what I thought. You are about as bright as Glock doofus. Possibly an alter ego.
So Long!

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
In regards to the OP. Ruger 77/22 SS boat paddle in 22lr preferable with sights and a 4x scope.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Back to the original post, I think the guy was talking about Vancouver Island...+100 inches of rain annually, a schitload of big black bear, a few deer, abundant small game, quite a bit of food in the tidal zone. One of the most robust guns I can think of would be the trapdoor 45-70. Cutdown beater would work. The 500 gr lead for bruin and blacktail, the .410 2 1/2" birdshot for snacks and hors d'oeuvres. Just a thought. A lot of commercial guns are not very robust when you are talking saltwater environment and over a hundred inches of rain. The coilsprings in guns like the H&R and Savages do not hold up well on a workboat, this I know.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (16gage, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 2,997 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.