Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by joken2

Cool little cars but hands down a VW Beetle was the coldest vehicle I've ever been in. Rode with a friend in his once on a mid-winter round trip of about 250 miles and I thought I was never going to get warmed back up again.

LOL

If it was a rusty copy, I can well believe that. Right after floor pans, heater channels and heat exchangers are the next things to go. In working condition, a Beetle will drive you out with heat. To the floor that is.............it can be a lengthy wait to get heat up to the windshield. And there's no auxiliary fan to help the process. You learn to use your scraper inside as well as outside for the first 20 minutes or so. However, that little air-cooled engine does make a bunch of heat. It just has to have an avenue to get it to the cabin.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Here is my winter project, I've always had a thing for C3's shark so I picked up a small project

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The paint's decent which was my main thing since I'm not much for body work. It's been mostly sitting for 25 years but runs great and the interior is clean. Engine was rebuilt in 92 with 18k on it, trans rebuilt in 85 with 40k on it, 130k total.Paint is from 94 but decent enough for a driver. I'm putting new suspension and bushings in,rebuilding brakes, replacing hoses, etc that are old. The tires are 25 years old and have 7k on them but are checked, spare tire is from 77 and holds air laugh . . Its the stock engine aside from intake and carb, so I might throw a mild cam in it and maybe up the hp from 180 hp a bit so I can at least beat a corolla of the line laugh . It should be a fun summer cruiser.

Nice 'Vette!

get a pair of those 675$ fulie knock off heads from Summit racing to go along with the cam and it will transform that 180 horse engine for not a lot of dinero$

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 300stw
heres mine drive it all over, race it on the weekends[Linked Image]

What is the drive train in that Impala.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGray
I've posted this before, but here it is again!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lovely K10 !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
'68 Chevelle SS. The first car I ever owned when I was 17 was a '69.

I bought it 9 years ago from one of my customers. He had it for 5 years and I told him if he ever sold it that I had first dibs. Someone along the way, somewhat, half assed restored it. It looks like all of the sheet metal is in good shape with no bondo. The rocker panels is the only place with a touch of rust bubbles. It was originally Crimson Red, but they painted it Hugger Orange. I wish they painted it Red. It had a mish mash of '69 parts on it including the rally wheels, so I put the Cragars on it. I put new bumpers on it. The engine is a big block and originally was a 396, but not sure now. It originally came out of a '67 Impala SS according to the numbers on the block. It doesn't seem too radical and runs good with no smoke. It might have a little bigger cam because it has a little bit of a lope when it idles. It has developed an exhaust leak between the head and the header. My guy is gonna fix that after Christmas. I've replaced everything under the hood except for the engine it's self. Radiator, power steering pump and gear box. brake booster, distributor, wires, alternator, and fuel pump. It leaked fluid from every possible place including the valve covers, so I put new valve covers on it. Fixed all of the other leaks and now it doesn't lose a drop. Replaced all of the springs and bushings in the suspension. New Flow Master Exhaust. It came from the factory with a 2 speed Power Glide with the shifter on the tree and a bench seat. They put a 3 speed Turbo 400 in it, so I took out the bench seat and replaced it with stock buckets and the stock console and shifter for a 3 speed automatic. It has power steering and brakes with disc on the front. Replaced the brake calipers and pads. It has an independent rear, so it's "a one wheel tire fire". My mechanic said he could put Posi rear gears in it, but it's not needed because I don't run it hard. The guy before me put new carpet in it. It's only been in the rain one time while I owned it. That time, I got caught out in a thunder storm and it fried the wiring. They had it all jack legged in there, so we rewired it. I've put as much money in it as what I paid for the car. I probably have more in it than the car is worth, but I'll never sell it, so it doesn't matter

Wow!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
'68 C10

'02 SS Not really a classic but most of them are gone now.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Originally Posted by GrandView
1970 VW Beetle................low mileage survivor. Very similar to the 1968 I brought back from Germany when discharged from the USAF.

[Linked Image]

I learned how to drive in a '68 just like that.

So did I, I was 11 years old :-) man what a blast I had!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

66 Fairlane 302 CI, 331 HP, 4 Speed

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Sbrown

Probably THE Ford car I would most want if I could pic an oldie to fool around in on weekends. I found one the same color last weekend out at an old ranch house around here, haven’t inquired about it yet but I sure want to.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Snyper; 12/13/19.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I ordered this car when I was a senior in high school.

1973 Z-28 350/245 4 speed car.

An all original, numbers matching, original paint, survivor car with 29,000 mile.

Sadly, I sold it last year after 45 years together.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sbrown

I once had a 67 Mercury Cyclone GT
Mine was black with red striping and a red interior.

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/1966-1967-mercury-cyclone-gt1.htm

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Little more than cosmetic changes marked the 1967 Mercury Cyclone GT, which wore a single-section, horizontal-bar grille with center insignia. Taillights and rear-end decorations also enjoyed a freshening.

Engine modifications dropped the 390-cid V-8 down to 320 horsepower. The regular 289-cid Cyclone V-8 remained at 200 bhp.

Lower-body rally striping again helped identify the Mercury Cyclone GT, as did its black-out grille. GT extras didn't change much, including a twin-scoop hood, bright engine components, Wide-Oval whitewalls, stiffened suspension, and power front-disc brakes.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Here’s mine 1970 z28 RS 4speed.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
[quote=Snyper]...

Thanks.

I never can seem to get pictures to post like I want them to.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]host image

(Or maybe I can if I do it through that method)
LOL

Last edited by Snyper; 12/13/19.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
An older fellow at church has a Caliente Comet. Looks like a baby brother to that Cyclone. Cool old rides

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
A few more of my toys. 87 Trans Am GTA, 74 Buick Regal, 87 Honda Super Magna

Attached Images
honda-magna-750-foto-2015-2.jpg (60.89 KB, 328 downloads)
00Q0Q_9kjXmz1Zzl3_1200x900 (1).jpg (48.39 KB, 331 downloads)
image1 (2) (1).jpeg (40.63 KB, 330 downloads)
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1911a1
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Here is my winter project, I've always had a thing for C3's shark so I picked up a small project

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

The paint's decent which was my main thing since I'm not much for body work. It's been mostly sitting for 25 years but runs great and the interior is clean. Engine was rebuilt in 92 with 18k on it, trans rebuilt in 85 with 40k on it, 130k total.Paint is from 94 but decent enough for a driver. I'm putting new suspension and bushings in,rebuilding brakes, replacing hoses, etc that are old. The tires are 25 years old and have 7k on them but are checked, spare tire is from 77 and holds air laugh . . Its the stock engine aside from intake and carb, so I might throw a mild cam in it and maybe up the hp from 180 hp a bit so I can at least beat a corolla of the line laugh . It should be a fun summer cruiser.

Nice 'Vette!

get a pair of those 675$ fulie knock off heads from Summit racing to go along with the cam and it will transform that 180 horse engine for not a lot of dinero$

It has 1.94/1.5 on it, but with 2 bolt mains, cast pistons and crank it's not going to hold a lot hp. At 5000 rpm the bigger heads only add ~20hp . I'f drop a 420hp crate engine and transmission before I put much into the stock engine. It's the original engine, so I'll throw a cam in it and probably call it good, that should get it into the upper 200's and enough for a good burnout laugh .

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
At the moment, I'm up to 2 flat tires and a dead battery.

These types of threads come around every 6 months.

Who knows, might even have some hickory nuts in the air cleaner.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Be conservative with that cam. Think about the smallest Lunati Voodoo.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (270cowboy, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 40 invisible), 2,571 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.