Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Keep us posted Scotty.

Sure will. Have a Sako Classic EDGE fill coming for my Tikka 270. I’d like to get that one into the ball game some more.

Plus I have a couple builds I’d like to get done up this year as well. Should be fun.

BSA, you need to speak with Gunner about a Mashburn. You don’t know all the fun you’re missing out on grin

Semper Fi
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Keep us posted Scotty.

Sure will. Have a Sako Classic EDGE fill coming for my Tikka 270. I’d like to get that one into the ball game some more.

Plus I have a couple builds I’d like to get done up this year as well. Should be fun.

BSA, you need to speak with Gunner about a Mashburn. You don’t know all the fun you’re missing out on grin

Why not just have a 7mm STW made?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Keep us posted Scotty.

You definitely could, the Mashburn works better through a Winchester 3.6” action with today’s long Bullets than an STW. Some don’t care but being able to get near the lands and have some flexibility meant more to me than sheer case size. Now, put the STW on a 3.8 magazine and it’s definitely better as far as speed. I’m a Winchester nut for the most part so the Mashburn works better in a 3.6 magazine.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I have a picture of a Legend and Bridges side by side and to me, the Bridges seems like a very open grip, almost stalker'ish sorta open. It'll be awhile till I get mine, but I am looking forward to it.

Would you mind posting that picture? Or I can send you my email or text number. I'd like to see the two side by side.

I have rifles in Legend stocks, and will have a Bridges stock in a few months. No personal experience with the Bridges as of yet.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Keep us posted Scotty.

You definitely could, the Mashburn works better through a Winchester 3.6” action with today’s long Bullets than an STW. Some don’t care but being able to get near the lands and have some flexibility meant more to me than sheer case size. Now, put the STW on a 3.8 magazine and it’s definitely better as far as speed. I’m a Winchester nut for the most part so the Mashburn works better in a 3.6 magazine.

I know Winchester did a run of 7 STW on the classics using the express action they used on 375 H&H and 300 weatherby. So that action should work out great?

Last edited by 79S; 12/31/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Keep us posted Scotty.

I know Winchester did a run of 7 STW on the classics using the express action they used on 375 H&H and 300 weatherby. So that action should work out great?

It’s not that it doesn’t work but it puts it in the same boat as a 300 Weatherby and leaves you zero flexibility with bullets. You basically seat them at mag length and you get a little bit of ability to seat them deeper but most of the 200 grain Bullets are already seated so deep to fit in the magazine it’s a SOB. Same as a 300 RUM in a 70. Had a 300 WBY, RUM and the Mashburn now and I’ll take the 300 Win case length with a throat set up for the bullets I’ll mostly use.

My 375 is about the same way, great thing about the 375 is it is a great shooter with everything and doesn’t care much about how most Bullets are seated, it just stacks them.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jkinpa
I have a picture of a Legend and Bridges side by side and to me, the Bridges seems like a very open grip, almost stalker'ish sorta open. It'll be awhile till I get mine, but I am looking forward to it.

Would you mind posting that picture? Or I can send you my email or text number. I'd like to see the two side by side.

I have rifles in Legend stocks, and will have a Bridges stock in a few months. No personal experience with the Bridges as of yet.

Sent you a PM.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Exactly right B, COL's for my 7mm Mashburn and 300 Win Mags run 3.585" and 3.600" in that order, keep those long wind bucking bullets out of the damn powder column ; ]

Trump Won!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
Exactly right B, COL's for my 7mm Mashburn and 300 Win Mags run 3.585" and 3.600" in that order, keep those long wind bucking bullets out of the damn powder column ; ]

Exactly Gunner. Love that big STW case but in a Winchester with today’s Bullets it doesn’t work real well, for me. Same for the 300 Wby/RUM on the 3.6”. Awesome cartridges but they need some room.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
You bet Friend. cool

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S

They did, that...……………

Have both the STW and the .300 Roy. The STW has been gone through and is VERY accurate with the factory barrel. Fast as hell, too !!! The .300 is just sitting...…...waiting to be turned into something else,

As for the guest of honor in this thread...………….. I'd be proud as a peacock to own such a fine rifle in such a versatile chambering !!!

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used to have a 375 Weatherby done by Al Biesen set up for foul weather hunting-also an early Model 70.
Keep in mind you can shoot the standard 375 H&H cartridges in the WBY and only lose 100 FPS. Mine still
remained accurate no matter which cartridge shot. Like many of PO Ackleys Improved cartridges.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 450Fuller
I used to have a 375 Weatherby done by Al Biesen set up for foul weather hunting-also an early Model 70.
Keep in mind you can shoot the standard 375 H&H cartridges in the WBY and only lose 100 FPS. Mine still
remained accurate no matter which cartridge shot. Like many of PO Ackleys Improved cartridges.

I've heard that. I know where some new 375H&H brass is. No one buys it because no one uses such a large cartridge for hunting around here. If it's true that I can shoot 375H&H in the WBY chamber, I might just give that a try, to fireform to WBY. If I do that, how many loadings should I expect to get from good brass? 4? Thanks with all the help on this one guys... I look forward to shooting it and doing some accuracy testing on this one. Even though I won't be glass bedding the original stock. I'm thinking the stock may be worth something to someone looking for an original?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You most certainly can shoot factory 375 H&H in a 375 Weatherby or 375 Super (H&H Improved) etc as they all headspace of the belt and it is the same belt. I had both calibers and also a few plain 375 H&H. I never got more than 4 reloads out of any ever, but I did not resize off of the shoulder, which is supposed to greatly improve belted magnum case life. Accuracy has always been fantastic with Winchester 375 H&H barrels even wildcatted shooting factories. Also I could usually approach if not equal improved velocities in standard H&H's. I was always a fan of IMR 4064 in in the 375 H&H and variants. 260 grain Nosler Partitions or just about any 300 grain bullet I tried.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I always headspaced off the shoulder with my .375H&H’s, it was not a problem to get 5 reloads out of cases. Everyone did good with RL15 and the 260 Partition. For 300’s, H4350 was tough to beat. The Speer 235 bullet is a good one for practice.

Stuck in airports, Terrorized
Sent to meetings, Hypnotized
Over-exposed, Commercialized
Handle me with Care...
-Traveling Wilbury's
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks guys, I knew where some new brass was locally and snagged it. I've loaded 260 gr Nosler partitions in my old 375H&H, and I think I still have some of those laying around somewhere. I appreciate the suggestions and advice given. Thanks...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I use 260 Partitions or 250 Sierra’s over a mound of 15 to form cases. Runs about 2700 or so and they are accurate as heck BSA.

I don’t see any problem with case life with careful sizing.

Last edited by beretzs; 01/05/20.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BSA and Beretzs, I have an old G series 375 AI, were all going have to drag that artillery out and go smoke some elk some year! smile

Trump Won!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I use 260 Partitions or 250 Sierra’s over a mound of 15 to form cases. Runs about 2700 or so and they are accurate as heck BSA.

I don’t see any problem with case life with careful sizing.

Thanks scotty.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunner500
BSA and Beretzs, I have an old G series 375 AI, were all going have to drag that artillery out and go smoke some elk some year! smile

That would be cool as hell buddy. Scotty has a good friend that lives 20 miles from me. He comes out this way for elk hunting. I imagine if the 3 of us got together, it would be one hell of an elk hunting trip!! Id be game!!

BSA MAGA
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 70 invisible), 2,988 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,194
Posts18,503,541
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.