Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
This one might go on a long time. if it makes some think about matters, that's not bad.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This is why the UMC is likely going to split. The rural churches are still pretty much Conservative, and the large urban churches are not. At the UMC church we attended, they had a security team, and I know that on any given Sunday, at least half a dozen men were packing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yet the Methodist church is down with abortion. No guns, but it’s ok to kill infants? A bit of a head scratcher there.

Sam......

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
And truthful. grin

He was prolly just chittin when HE said, "Call no one ON EARTH father for your father is in heaven...", but I wouldnt bet my life or other lives on it.

How would you like your kids you died for to call other people dad? I also thought HE said to fear HIM, meaning "you better mind my words".

Funny, many moslems grow up knowing (thinking) it's a good thing to kill Jews and their kids. They are so indoctrinated its hard to change their thinking.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
football is football. when teams try to make it more than what it is, football becomes clouded.
this is what churches do.
bottom line. the minister is only stating what is a known fact, we all are lost to our own ideas of what football should be.
what we need to do is read the football manual of rules and realize that, unless we play by the rules, and do what the head referee says, we aren't going to make it to the playoffs.
without believing in the seriousness of the penalties being leveled at us by the opposing team, and without receiving a penalty decline by the head ref, instant replay will seal our fate.
anyone in the crowd who has the guts to stand up and warn the others of whats going on down on the field, has my respect.

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member, Navy Shooting Team
Distinguished Pistol Shot
NRA Certified Instructor/RSO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Unfortunately, in this day and age, comments like that minister's get publicity. It's all about generating outrage to get clicks & views.

The reality is the minster's comments are so ignorant that they are hardly worth commenting on.

Politics is War by Other Means
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Something I read recently seemed to indicate the likelihood of an impending major schism in the UMC over some of these issues.

My wife and I left the UMC over these issues, and returned to the Episcopal Church in quite a conservative diocese.

When we moved here, we found a church that had split from the Episcopal Church and became Anglican because TEC was getting too liberal.

Mathew 22: 37-39

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
I thought Methodist ministers were female? With cop haircuts.

Ask ‘goober.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunner500
... can't a man/woman have a relationship with the big Man and his Daddy without assembly?
Short answer - No.

Even if you believe it's possible today, you have to admit that at some time that wasn't at all possible. Period. It doesn't matter what sect you ascribe to.

Read the Bible. Pay attention to how God Himself asks to be worshiped. Very little of what he asked is possible alone.

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I’ll deal with it when I get there.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
... can't a man/woman have a relationship with the big Man and his Daddy without assembly?
Short answer - No.
Even if you believe it's possible today, you have to admit that at some time that wasn't at all possible. Period. It doesn't matter what sect you ascribe to.
Read the Bible. Pay attention to how God Himself asks to be worshiped. Very little of what he asked is possible alone.
I disagree. Wholeheartedly. And respectfully. Not attending church will not send you to hell, or make God love you any less. Just as someone who does attend church may not have a strong relationship with God, someone certainly may have a strong relationship with God without ever attending church.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by wabigoon
In regards to my heart troubles, my doctor said, the people with symptoms are lucky. The same may apply to the soul.

Now, that's something to consider.

If ya don't know you don't know, you're deceived.

Those that know they don't know may have hope.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There's a big difference between having a relationship with God and being saved. Anyone, any where, any time can be saved by simply accepting Christ. Anyone who has done so is going to heaven, no matter what. Having a relationship is a way of life, not a way of salvation. It allows you to have a few of the benefits of salvation here on earth but doesn't affect whether you're actually saved or not. You can live alone in the most remote place on earth for years, totally separated from any Christians, and still be saved. Having a relationship there though, is far more difficult.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hebrews 10:25. Just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Theeck

Yeah.
That’ll show em.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Theeck

It's can save a lot of trouble if you wear snake boots in the back country.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/12/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
People are pretty much useless and more so when it comes to salvation... networking is for those seeking salvation in the physical world, church sells that to the masses... only relationship that really matters for spiritual salvation is the Holy Spirit... kinda a one on one guy.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When HE says, I never knowed ye homie

You’re fücked

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’m just a sinner saved by grace. Undeserving, but I’m God’s child. I was raised a hard Baptist. Got married 40 yrs ago and embraced the Christian Church. I was unchurched for many years. My newness of life has allowed me to find a great, Christ centered church.
My personal walk w My Saviour allows me to see the fallibility of religions vs Christian belief and convictions. We do not allow a pastor or mortal religion to hold sway above our relationship w Christ. All have their belief, I never try to dissuade them. But, if you ask me about my Jesus and faith I will surely pray for and with you. That’s my calling. Gods richest blessings be upon all.

Last edited by gkt5450; 01/12/20. Reason: Sp

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A local Methodist minister suggests you can’t be a Christian and carry a gun.

He's just plain full of $hit

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 160user, 10ring1, 204guy, 43 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,857
Posts18,517,699
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.