Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by jackmountain
You can do what you want, but you can bet your ass the one in the pic above won't be registered and sure as hell won't be confiscated. They better think long and hard about what they're starting, because I don't think they have the stomach to finish it. I don't need a court to define what my rights are, the founders were crystal clear, and they were also crystal clear about what to do if elected officials try to deny us of these guaranteed protections of our natural born rights.

Bloomberg got scared away from the grand opening of his campaign office in Virginia by 200 folks protesting. Wait til they see what 200,000 armed citizens looks like.

Oh I agree with you 100% I don't plan to give mine up, but a loss to the gun grabbers in court will stop this stuff from going throughout the rest of the country. The VCDL will take this to court.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by VaHunter
You can do what you want, but you can bet your ass the one in the pic above won't be registered and sure as hell won't be confiscated. They better think long and hard about what they're starting, because I don't think they have the stomach to finish it. I don't need a court to define what my rights are, the founders were crystal clear, and they were also crystal clear about what to do if elected officials try to deny us of these guaranteed protections of our natural born rights.

Bloomberg got scared away from the grand opening of his campaign office in Virginia by 200 folks protesting. Wait til they see what 200,000 armed citizens looks like.

Oh I agree with you 100% I don't plan to give mine up, but a loss to the gun grabbers in court will stop this stuff from going throughout the rest of the country. The VCDL will take this to court.

And we need to be outside the court 50,000 strong and armed so they know what our next course of action is.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Stainless 75B. 2 mags and a Milt Sparks holster.
Can't wait to put some rds through it tomorrow. Fits like a glove. Went to buy a compact, but the beaver tail on them isn't upswept and it dug Into my hand. Came close to buying a 2075 RAMI and might have if this hadn't been laying there. Picked it up, pointed it and said yep.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I almost bought one exactly like that one the other day for $500.00. I really love my CZ P09. The damn things are so accurate and fun to shoot. I should have just bought that stainless 75B when I had the chance.

$500 was a steal BSA! Have never even handled their polymer offerings. Shot a mag full through it this evening when i got home, but looking forward to the weekend when I can run it through it's paces at the cabin. Hate to say it, but it fits the hand better than a 1911. Definitely more comfortable than my HK USP

I'm with you buddy!!!!!!!! I rang a little steel with my CZ P09 last weekend:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

19 rounds in the mag would surely scare the scheit out of those dems that want to take our guns away. Here's a pic of some of my pistols. I love the stainless pistols. My favorites are my 3rd gen smiths. The black CZ in the pic, sure is growing on me though. That thing runs like a sewing machine, just like my smiths:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If that stainless 75B is still there this weekend, I'll snag it and add it to the collection. Keep us posted on how you like yours. I'm sure it will drive tacks. I blew the 1" orange sticker right out of the target last weekend with my CZ P09, then it was off to shooting steel.

I love those Smith's! I could've bought a 1006 10mm last year and passed. Regret that decision.
That P09 is sweet. 19rds is pretty damn persuasive!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a beauty. I'm hoping there's a CZ75B in my future.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
I could see a P01 or even a PS01 in my future if one comes along at the right price.

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The CZ75s are good looking pistols. They are like a modern High Power as far as how well they point and fit your hand.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta love the CZ platform

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Ryan, are the VZ's noticeably thinner than the originals?

As I recall (it's been about 2 years), they are about the same profile as the factory grips. They offer a "slim line" in their 1911 grips, but I think the CZ grips are all standard thickness (as far as I know).

Jack - yes, these were plastic and they had the CZ logo on them.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thank you, sir. The factory grips feel just a bit thick to me.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Love the CZ's. Had one in .40 I bought off here that I should've never sold. Got a .45 that'll never get sold. Would like to buy another in .40 someday.

MAGA
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Thank you, sir. The factory grips feel just a bit thick to me.

After doing a little web-fu, everything I've found says that the standard VZ grips are thinner than the factory, mainly because they are a flat profile and do not have the swell that the factory grips have. The flat ones are the ones that I have. They offer a "palm swell" version and I guess those are more of the factory profile.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Which versions of the CZ75 or clones are single action or DA/SA? I really prefer a SA trigger and carry my 1911 in condition one. Not interested in DA only or decocker.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My 75B can be fired DA/SA (starting with hammer down), or it can be carried cocked and locked just like a 1911. No decocker on mine.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have 2 75's 1 a original made over there and a newer compact one like them both. A while back I picked up a CZ 2075 Rami in 40 S &W it's quite a handful with full throttle 180 gr FMJ's, bought it used, didn't look like it had been shot much 2 magazines maybe and only took me 1 mag to figure out why. Shot great but it is a handful . Like CZ's. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gzig5
Which versions of the CZ75 or clones are single action or DA/SA? I really prefer a SA trigger and carry my 1911 in condition one. Not interested in DA only or decocker.

I don't know if they make a single action only. I think the one with the simple 1911 style thumb safety also has double action capability. It's just that there's no decocker on it, so most just ignore that feature, and only use it like a single action, and carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. That's called the 75B. The 75D is the one with decock only.

[Linked Image from cdn.cz-usa.com]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JGray
I have the P01 compact version of the 75 and it's big brother, the EAA Witness - both of them out-shoot most of my others. I think if I had to thin down to a single platform, it likely would be some variation of the CZ 75...

I had a tough time deciding between P01, SP01, compact and 75B. The stainless sealed the deal in the end especially since it came with a Milt Sparks holster and extra mags, plus the upswept beavertail that the compact and P01 lacked.
If they'd only had blued guns, I'd have bought the SP01 over the 75B.

I have a feeling it's going to lead to more CZ purchases. REALLY liking it so far. Shoots soft and the controls are perfect for my hands.

What started me down the CZ road was a blued version of the one you just bought - handled one at the LGS and immediately started shopping for the compact. I really wanted the 75 D PCR model but couldn't locate one, but am very happy with the P01.

Last edited by JGray; 02/12/20.
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
cz Does offer a single action only. However the da/sa can be super slick. I have several and just picked up a 97b which is very much the same gun in 45acp. Hard to go wrong

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I have a 75 compact. I upgraded to the Cajun Gun Works Pro Kit. Easy installation and they have a variety of options. Short reset trigger, lightened springs and shortened the trigger pull by 7mm. Great pistol and an even better shooter with the upgrades.

Enjoy! That’s a fine weapon.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Love the CZ's. Had one in .40 I bought off here that I should've never sold. Got a .45 that'll never get sold. Would like to buy another in .40 someday.

I need to get my hands on a 97. Love my 1911, but the cz75 fits like it grew there. The 97 the same?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[quote=gzig5]
I don't know if they make a single action only. I think the one with the simple 1911 style thumb safety also has double action capability. It's just that there's no decocker on it, so most just ignore that feature, and only use it like a single action, and carry it cocked and locked like a 1911. That's called the 75B. The 75D is the one with decock only.

Small correction--the decocker only is the BD.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

643 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 82 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,478
Posts18,471,669
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.