if I shave my cock n balls, when I take a shiit.... I’ll be go to hell

That is a definite possibility grin

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 30338
I found it was easy to sell all of my Leupolds too.

grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1

I agree with Judman, purchase and use what YOU want. I may chuckle and shake my head at some peoples choices, but it's no skin off my nose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The premise in your OP is flawed, or perhaps misstated. To "succeed" at turning people away from Leupolds, one first must be attempting to do that. Did you really mean to say that the negative comments haven't resulted in less interest, or do you honestly believe there's actually some kind of movement afoot to discredit Leupold and their products that's not related to real problems with them?

I'm among the long-time users of Leupold scopes that haven't had any serious problems as yet, but believe there are serious issues with enough of them to be leery of buying more, and also think their attitude about all this sucks. A good warranty is not a substitute for a reliable product. I'm not among those that believe Leupold is obligated to perform reticle swaps or other modifications without making money while doing so, or even at all. I also think that whether or not they choose to warranty scopes that are purchased used is a business decision they have a right to take either way. Certainly that policy has been widely abused.

What fresh Hell is this?
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I think one of the basher's messages is that they agree old leaupolds were good but their QC has slipped. And maybe they're not putting their old quality into their basic design. Well, I'm their guinea pig. I have 4 VX-3is that are right at a year old that haven't been used much. I'll let you all know if they crater. If they do, then I'll send 'em back to be fixed, and keep sending 'em back 'til they get 'em right. And if they don't I'll be the King BASHER! But for now, I'm still a Leupold fan.

Last edited by Filaman; 02/27/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Question: when did Leupold start having these issues some here refer to? I only have two, a VX 2 3-9 bought in the mid 90's[I believe] and a new VX1 2-7x33mm shotgun scope that is on my .45 Colt Henry. The 2-7 was made in 2010 according to Leupold, but, is now discontinued. So, when did this downfall seem to happen?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
I am still puzzled by the nefarious motivations of the few Leupold bashers?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Nefarious? I think not.

There will always be a strain of lower end users who cannot appreciate the finer attributes of higher end optics. They would never consider a used Swarovski for $600 when they can get a used Leupold for less than half of that. They are creatures of habit who will go buy whatever their buddy suggests & come home with a 270 & a Leupold scope mounted with windage adjustable bases. Makes me sick.

I quit buying Leupolds near 20 years ago after comparing mine to a Swarovski. Currently I own one Leupold. It is mounted on my .22

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I don’t question the negative experience of others with Leupold scopes. I have a few, sent one back and others seem to be fine. While I don’t discredit the negative posts about Leupold, I’m sure the number of disgruntled folks on the Fire is such a small portion of Leupold’s market that they don’t care and it won’t affect their market share one bit. A friend of mine attended the Rock Hill show on the east coast a month or so ago and said the Leupold reps manning their booth were a couple of millennial dudes with tat sleeves, piercings, and flat brim caps and didn’t know diddly about details of the product lines. I guess his MAGA hat didn’t go over well, either....

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Judman
I tend to form my own opinions, women, trucks, fish poles, color of my house, kinda shorts I like, binoculars, rifle actions, if I shave my cock n balls, when I take a shiit.... I’ll be go to hell if I’m gonna let some www dummy I’ve never met sway what scopes I run, especially when I’ve killed a hellava lot more critters than the vast majority of the bitchers with said scope... bend your flat bills, pull up your Sitka britches and quit worrying what others like... 🖕🏿🖕🏿🤙

Hey, Judman

What are the dues for the PNW Mafia? Who’s the godfather since Fred is in captivity?

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Hey, hey hey - I'm not interested in whether anyone shaves their cock and balls!
I am sharing that the long standing Leupold bashing by a few folks is having absolutely NO meaningful effect.
Agree or disagree - I appreciate that but going to the bathroom and shaving the pubic areas has nothing to do with my contention!
Do you guys talk like this around your Campfires?
I haven't and don't remember anyone else doing so and I have shared Campfires from Alaska to Texas and hundreds of places in between (including Canada!).
By the way I got a call from a fella yesterday afternoon who was short of monies there in Post Falls, Idaho (at the gunshow I attended there last weekend) and he wants one of the two Leupold 2x7 variables I had/have for sale.
I will be mailing it to him today.
So that makes 6 (six) folks who are not deterred by the specious (without merit!) "Leupold naysayers" - and that is just the latest example of my contention, that I am relaying with this thread.
GO LEUPOLD
A FINE AMERICAN COMPANY
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I'll raise another issue.

I just sent in an older 3X9 compact for cleaning and check-over recently and got a notification that I needed to call to discuss options. I will add that I had really enjoyed this scope on some of my lighter weight hunting rifles. Turns out they think there is a problem with the objective lens system (separated?) and holding zero could be a problem in the future. "Fine then, what are my options?" Turns out they offered a 2-7X33, 3-9X40, possibly a 2X20 or a 6X42; problem is I am not really interested in any of these scopes! Bye-bye 6X33's and 3-9 compacts, etc. with their revised product lines.

I had something similar happen with another much enjoyed M8 fixed 8X w/ AO a few years back... they just won't/can't service these old scopes anymore. Lifetime Warranty no longer means supporting old scopes that you like. It means that it is cheaper to put you into a new scope. The problem is that you may not be really interested in what they now still offer.

Do I take the old 3-9X compact back and use it until it "pukes" or take a 2-7X33 or 6X42(? extra $) and just sell it!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rifletom
Gotta say, the "Hunting Optics" threads have been lively here lately.

I've been here for a while now; I can't remember anytime where the Optics forum wasn't lively.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hey, hey hey - I'm not interested in whether anyone shaves their cock and balls!
I am sharing that the long standing Leupold bashing by a few folks is having absolutely NO meaningful effect.
Agree or disagree - I appreciate that but going to the bathroom and shaving the pubic areas has nothing to do with my contention!
Do you guys talk like this around your Campfires?
I haven't and don't remember anyone else doing so and I have shared Campfires from Alaska to Texas and hundreds of places in between (including Canada!).
By the way I got a call from a fella yesterday afternoon who was short of monies there in Post Falls, Idaho (at the gunshow I attended there last weekend) and he wants one of the two Leupold 2x7 variables I had/have for sale.
I will be mailing it to him today.
So that makes 6 (six) folks who are not deterred by the specious (without merit!) "Leupold naysayers" - and that is just the latest example of my contention, that I am relaying with this thread.
GO LEUPOLD
A FINE AMERICAN COMPANY
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Sorry, but if you're saying the reports by trusted, experienced users about their Leupold troubles are without merit, then you're acting like a dewy-eyed fanboy, not a reasonable adult. So be it; find your happiness where you can.

🌞🍭🌈

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FOsteology

+1

I agree with Judman, purchase and use what YOU want. I may chuckle and shake my head at some peoples choices, but it's no skin off my nose.

Yep, lotsa folks here will tell you how fuucked up you are here, bullets, scopes, actions, barrels, binoculars, boots, socks, packs, knife steel etc... I do what I do, know how to use it, know what works, compiled by over 35 years of huntin, in lots of areas/climates etc. I too read a vast majority of these threads and laugh, but like you, it ain’t my money, and it doesn’t have to make me happy. Run whatcha brung..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Judman
I tend to form my own opinions, women, trucks, fish poles, color of my house, kinda shorts I like, binoculars, rifle actions, if I shave my cock n balls, when I take a shiit.... I’ll be go to hell if I’m gonna let some www dummy I’ve never met sway what scopes I run, especially when I’ve killed a hellava lot more critters than the vast majority of the bitchers with said scope... bend your flat bills, pull up your Sitka britches and quit worrying what others like... 🖕🏿🖕🏿🤙

Hey, Judman

What are the dues for the PNW Mafia? Who’s the godfather since Fred is in captivity?

Might have to vote you in!! 🤣🤣

Ain’t easy havin pals.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Leupolds are not as reliable as, say a Nightforce. That is not even debatable. It can, and has, been easily proven, time and time again. This is not a subjective matter. The question is if a Leupold is good enough for you (the user). Its not for me. Since I moved from a hunter, to a hunter/shooter, every single Leupold tried has failed me. The more shooting I did the more disappointed I was. Reluctantly I went from 100% Leupolds to 0% Leupolds. I assure you I did not make this move based on what I read on the internet.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by McCray
"You can lead a horse to water..." comes to mind.

Actually I'm glad to hear it because I got a box of junk Schitpold scopes I need to peddle.

"Schitpold" LMAO! laugh

Last edited by kansas99; 02/27/20.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
After reading all of this I think I might have to invest in some Leupold scopes for my hunting rifles too. I've still got a couple old Redfield low-pro wide view scopes on them so at least I would look cool when I missed, especially the one that has the yardage counter reticle and the dope on the turret, damn your cool when you miss! laugh As I see it now if I just had a Leupold, when I miss, everybody will say hell wasn't his fault look at that junk scope he tried to use. grin

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
laugh laugh laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If anyone has a unreliable 2.5-8 leupold they wanna sell, let me know. It’s weird how well they hold their value though..😂

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
212 members (338reddog, 2ndwind, 264mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 33 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 754 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,240
Posts18,371,402
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.