H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Good luck all.
Think we might be OK.
Laid off for a min of next 2 weeks.
But ripple effect may make for longer.
Think enough seniority to have a job whenever things get to normal.

Kinda screwed up paying off a bunch of stuff.
Figured the plan too good this yr.

Oh well.

Nothing I can do about it, so aint gonna let it give me a heart attack.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
LOL misread the OP's posts, thought he was building a Savage 99 smile

Poor planning here, no fun projects

Last edited by hookeye; 03/20/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anyone that’s suffering through this has my prayers. Our biz was just shut down tonight by proclamation of the governor.

I’ve got 7 mouths to feed under our roof. But we will be fine albeit poorer when we come outa this thing

Some of our 50 employees are still living paycheck to paycheck. Btdt Lots of folks in the same boat. They are the ones that are apt to truly suffer.

Being rich is having a roof over a warm house with food to eat.

Remove those things & you are poor.

All else is fluff

God bless & keep the folks that may truly see tough times, including the OP

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by ERK
Good luck staying well. That’s most important. I’m thinking people might have to set different priorities with these layoffs. I hate to say it but a lot of people are gonna save enough just eating at home to make a house payment or something on that order. Ed k

Haha! That aint no schit.

Its incredible what it costs to go out.

Word!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you can fix it with money it is not a real problem...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OP, I feel for you.

However, this may seem insensitive, but I grew up on a farm where my opinions were formed. Dogs and cats were loved, but they were also viewed as tools. Cats helped keep mice out of buildings, dogs guarded the house and/or herded livestock.They seldom ever saw a vet. A lot of problems could have been avoided if spay/neutering had been practiced.

Whether they lived or died was usually an economic question, there were always more cats or dogs to replace them. We moved on. Spending hundreds or thousands preserving a cat or dogs life was out of question.

It is just the way i grew up.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
OP, I feel for you.

However, this may seem insensitive, but I grew up on a farm where my opinions were formed. Dogs and cats were loved, but they were also viewed as tools. Cats helped keep mice out of buildings, dogs guarded the house and/or herded livestock.They seldom ever saw a vet. A lot of problems could have been avoided if spay/neutering had been practiced.

Whether they lived or died was usually an economic question, there were always more cats or dogs to replace them. We moved on. Spending hundreds or thousands preserving a cat or dogs life was out of question.

I feel the same way. Growing up on a farm, and living on one all my life, dogs and cats never got a lot of attention. We would take a dog to the vet for a rabies shot, and that was about it. Cats were too plentiful to worry about taking one to the vet.

I have a dog and a cat here on the place. Took both to the vet to be neutered, and had the vet give the dog a rabies shot when he was here looking at a horse. That's been it, and when they die, I'll do just like I've always done.........take the tractor and dig a hole, then put them in it, and get another one to take their place.

I will always remember the first advice my father gave me when I started driving......he said to never swerve to avoid hitting an animal, because he had a friend who did to avoid hitting a dog, and he ran off the road and was killed. He went on to say that an animals life is not worth that of a human, and it's always stuck with me. I've had a lot of pets, and have some that I would have fought someone over, but I always kept in mind that they were an animal, and not on the same level as a human...............even if some of them did think they were.

However, I'll not judge how someone else feels about their pets, as that's their business.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

We borrowed some out of her 401k to get us thru in case it gets worse...we spent our $2500 savings trying to keep our dog alive (posted a week ago here) without luck.

Gonna be tight.
Heading out to pick up our dogs ashes.

Sorry about you losing your dog, despite doing all that you could to keep him going. It works out like that sometimes. In the end He gets them all back, in His time...

I hope your family can weather this storm out alright, and if any of my tax money had to go help people out, I would not begrudge it being used to carry you guys through this, if it comes about. (the $1200 checks that they are supposed to be sending, I mean)
Good luck.
Don't forget to pay back that 401 loan, otherwise taxes and 10% penalty (unless they forgive that, which I heard is being floated around DC right now)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by AB2506
OP, I feel for you.

I feel the same way. Growing up on a farm, and living on one all my life, dogs and cats never got a lot of attention. We would take a dog to the vet for a rabies shot, and that was about it. Cats were too plentiful to worry about taking one to the vet.

I have a dog and a cat here on the place. Took both to the vet to be neutered, and had the vet give the dog a rabies shot when he was here looking at a horse. That's been it, and when they die, I'll do just like I've always done.........take the tractor and dig a hole, then put them in it, and get another one to take their place.

I will always remember the first advice my father gave me when I started driving......he said to never swerve to avoid hitting an animal, because he had a friend who did to avoid hitting a dog, and he ran off the road and was killed. He went on to say that an animals life is not worth that of a human, and it's always stuck with me. I've had a lot of pets, and have some that I would have fought someone over, but I always kept in mind that they were an animal, and not on the same level as a human...............even if some of them did think they were.

However, I'll not judge how someone else feels about their pets, as that's their business.

+1

I love my dog. He's the best security guard / alarm system any money could buy. But when it's his time, he'll go in a hole out back near all the rest of them.

IC B3

M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Honestly feel bad that some of you guys have never had a dog that got in your heart...almost feels as important as a kid to you. Its a Pretty awesome bond and it doesn't happen often.

One of them warned me about my house fire. Can't replace that one with just any animal.

Anyway, prayers to those who are out of work because of this and hopes that we all bounce back fast.

Last edited by mjbgalt; 03/21/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had several dogs that got into my heart. But it's still a dog when you get right down to it. Ain't worth no $2500 when a replacement is $50 at the pound.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
mgbgalt: Can your wife use Skype or other platforms to 'see' some of her clients via the internet? Her state association maybe able to assist her. Best of Luck to you and the Mrs.

Last edited by Boyd45; 03/21/20.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Thanks for the tip. They are working on teletherapy

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think you can learn a lot about a man by how he treats his dog...

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
When my kids were little, I taught them this prayer:

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for our safe house
And our warm beds
And the food in our tummies
And everyone who loves us

Amen

I think that covers most of the important stuff.

Last edited by Slope77; 03/21/20.
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I am now off for 2 weeks with pay due to the governmental agreement for pay and shutting down Ohio. Guess we Will see...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last house dog came to the end of it's life when I was unemployed. The bullet to put it out of it's misery was less than 10 cents.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I'm laid off for 2 weeks[min], wife is as well as we work together.
Yet here I am alone at work doing what has to be done.
We did the official layoff deal just to be certain we can get whatever is offered on the back end to small biz.
Have 2.5 employees out of 9 on the payroll right now.
Now I'm just waiting to see if the pre-schoolers in D.C. will come together on anything.

Strangely one of my biggest personal concerns over the past week has been whether or not dog food would become an issue going forward.

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.